Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

My new Socom finally arrived today (no thanks to TNT though). But the forward assist knob was loose.

Has anyone expirienced this before? Is there an easy fix, or will I have to "open" the rifle completely?

post-64779-0-60010300-1304939419_thumb.jpg

Edited by arne71
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

welcome to the club.. finally :P

http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/bb-s-batteries/batteries-chargers/turnigy-nano-tech-1600mah-7-4v-25-50c-lipo-pack.html

This bad boys are great performers, high quality and fit easy. The 1800s are a tight fit, i much prefer the easy fitting of these, I managed a whole weekend on two with my socom.

Cheers for that mate, gonna order one of your springs aswell and make Larkin install it, he doesnt know that yet but all is good :)

Ok, so after much uming and Ar-ing over my next Build, I've decided to build a TM EBB based Mk12 Mod 1 SPR.

There reason is that my 12.5" madbull Ris 2, although I love it, I just cant get the outer barrel to stop flexing. it doesnt wobble but i can exert movement on it and I have banged it whilst skirmishing so Im guessing eventually it will do damage.

I know an SPR has a free float barrel too, which is longer, but Im hoping the connection between the gas block and the upper will negate the wobble to some extent and that I will be able to get a barrel nut, or use the original, which will hold tighter without the need for shims and give a better grip.

Trouble is the barrel...

Immediately I thought of the Dytac barrels. WGC have an excelent Dytac SPR barrel for Regular AEG's but their range of barrels for the TM EBB series ends with 16" (SPR being 18")

Im not altogether put off by this but what i would like to know, from those in the know, are Dytac planning on releasing their SPR barrel for the TM EBB?

How much work would it be to convert the regualr AEG barrel to use on a TM EBB (im guess ALOT! what with the totally different way the EBB series joins to the upper but can it be done?)

Does anyone own the Dytac 16" barrel for EBB? If so could you give me the dimensions, in particular the length from the gas block to the connection to the upper receiver (im looking to put a 12" free float on there and want to know if the gas block will be covered by it or not, hopeing not)

Also can people point me in the right direction to possibly get a 2" piece of barrel made to make it 18"?

Cheers

J.

Also anyone with ideas to eliminate the barrel movement feel free to add them too!

Edited by Number5

you can mod the normal aeg barrel with 3 hours and a dremel..

Video Guide Richard? ;)

Actually, never mind! all it took was a few more minutes of web surfing and I found one! nice.

Anyone have experience of airsoftwarfare.com?

Edited by Number5

Video Guide Richard? ;)

Actually, never mind! all it took was a few more minutes of web surfing and I found one! nice.

Anyone have experience of airsoftwarfare.com?

I tried to look in to them before WGC got the full range of barrels in, couldn't find any reviews myself. Redwolf have what you're after though:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Outer_Barrels_AEG_Dytac_18_Inch_SPR_Outer_Barrel_Assembley_for_Tokyo_Marui_M4_Recoil_AEG_Black.htm

Untill I can afford to make the leap to Lipo's can this run happily on at 9.6v Ni-MH ? or will it shred the gears ?

A 9.6 v batt should be fine, seen alot of people using them. Plus it will be about the same as using a 7.4v lipo ROF wise.

hehe but you love it ;)

Played with it for the first time today and loved every minute of it :) its just brought a whole new level to the game in a way i cant explain, it just made it somehow better !!

was a top top day right up untill the journey home where some plank in a 4x4 drove into the back of me and mangled my car lol