Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Finally played a game for the first time in 6-7 years and got to actually use this gun for a game instead of just targets. Sadly I can't say if the TK twist barrel helped or not, though the gun definitely had some excellent accuracy and range. Held it's own against modded guns shooting 400-500fps.

My stock SOPMOD is shooting 300 fps. The aim is to get it upto 350fps..

I'm just waiting for the spanner to take the stock nut off so that I can get at that gear box lol...

My current upgrades that I have in mind will be as follows:

1. eagle6 m100 spring (got)

2. eagle6 recoil spring (got)

3. Prommy 6.03 TB

4. Prommy piston head

5. Prommy piston

6. Prommy air nozzle

7. Prommy spring guide

Does anyone know whether the stock piston cylinder is compatiable with the prommy piston?

ta.

I took the upper of my SOPMOD off just to clean a bit of the insides. When i put it back together, I noticed when i pulled on the charging handle it doesnt produce as much resistance as it used to. Did i lose a spring that was suppose to hold the tension? will anything happen (durability/function-wise) if i dont replace it if it's missing?

Awsome news! I don't know alot about AWS Fets, but will it allow us to switch to Semi auto only configs?

Just read the product descriptions, definately the Raptor model for me, need that semi auto only config and liking the ability to swithc to semi,burst mode aswell.

all the other functions of the FET make it sound awsome!

Edited by Number5

you can mod the sopmod to single only by modding the selector plate its very easy to do on the sopmod.

Franks working hard on streamlining things, freeing up more time hence the re-adding of the stealth and raptor for sopmod. ITs important though for me to stock the stealths and raptors for normal version 2s first as the more he sells of those the faster he has dosh for production of the sopmod fets.

Infact i dont think its a money issue more time, he was SWAMPED with pre orders for raptors... hundreads. And i know how time consuming that can be. With his move to retailers only he will only get 1 or 2 orders and then dispatch bulk loads in one hit.

When the sopmod fets ready, echiy have pre ordered 200 units, and ill buy at least 20 or 30 of front and rear, then replensish those as fast as i can. Thats a good wack of preorder dosh, so you guys dont have to worry we never forgot about the sopmod ecu.

Well you can put me down for a pre order of one of the Raptors for the sopmod! (socom-front wired)

I would prefer to lock the rifle in semi using a fet and avoid modding the selector plate as i have a short upper receiver setup and a SPR length upper also and would like the ability to swap and change relatively quickly but still retain full auto!

Speaking of DMR's, has anyone attempted to 'seal' their hopup bucking using the Dental floss method described on otehr forums (by tieing it around the rubber basically) on the Sopmod/socom, I've tried it but been unable to get it into the hopup unit due to the tight tolerances. Don't want to keep trying unless someone has succeeded and I'll give it another go.

I took the upper of my SOPMOD off just to clean a bit of the insides. When i put it back together, I noticed when i pulled on the charging handle it doesnt produce as much resistance as it used to. Did i lose a spring that was suppose to hold the tension? will anything happen (durability/function-wise) if i dont replace it if it's missing?

Could you maybe take a pic?

It isnt sooo bad.

Maybe you could just replace the spring.

I made some pics, so you can check which one is missing @your gun

IMAG0667.jpgIMAG0664.jpgIMAG0668.jpgIMAG0669.jpg

IMAG0665.jpg

Edited by robi

Echigoya are advertsing a heavier recoil unit on their home page! Also theres a CNC'd aluminium outer barrel and stock tube from ARS. looks good!

The recoil unit is weighing in at 401grams (119 grams heavier) and made from solid brass, also from ARS

Edited by Number5

no as someone told me he brought one and it didnt fit properly..

i could order them but i just dont wanna mess with the epic tm hop unit.

Ah that sucks, when I changed my barrel I accidentally stepped on the chamber and cracked it (shouldnt have been sitting on the floor in my lliving room) thankfully where it cracked it still operated perfectly fine, just makes me sick knowing there's a crack

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Ah that sucks, when I changed my barrel I accidentally stepped on the chamber and cracked it (shouldnt have been sitting on the floor in my lliving room) thankfully where it cracked it still operated perfectly fine, just makes me sick knowing there's a crack

Don't fret, all is not lost. http://http://echigoya-guns.com/guns/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=312

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTBJcXmSBLk&feature=player_embedded

And not a single thank you to richard for the idea!

Looks good albiet pricey.. about 250 dollars for the set. That said harder recoil! is anyone going to pass that up. :P

I came in here to post this :P

Is there any difference from the stuff you've been doing Richard?

well yeah ages ago i dropped the project and emailed T trying to get him to do it. Hes got the setup and my local was giving me the mess about.

So his will be the only heavy recoil weight going.

Yeah its pricey but its more recoil.... its just a shame it needs the whole new stock tube.

and im not keen on the silver im assuming it will come painted or annodised ?

I just checked the link here:

http://www.echigoyaworks.com/showthread.php?tid=5990&pid=6257#pid6257

I like the idea of the free rotary recoil unit with the thrust bearing in the end cap. any idea how to make my stock TM recoil unit to make it a free rotary recoil unit ? I think this will make my TM MA1 Recce's recoil operates more smoothly. I don't like the rail attached inside the TM buffer tube

Impressive recoi.... i'd worry about all the extra stresses that will applied to the gun.... and at $250 the SOPMOD is becoming a bottomless pit of money... lol. Stil the recopil does look incredible..... but I think i'll stick with Richard's recoil spring for the moment... :)

So they reccomend the following additional upgrades too to counter the stresses:

1. Seigetek Chromoly CNC hi torque gear for Tokyo Mariu M4A1 sopmod

2. Full metal piston

3. metal bushing

4. high torque motor

5. FET...........................................what's this?

6. bearing spring guide