Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

That level and power of recoil does look impressive.... however surely having that much recoil on an AEG will impair accuracy? Semi shot I expect may be ok but on auto for example, surely it may be difficult to hold the rifle steady? But I guess it adds to the so called realism and fun factor.. :)

Lol, people manage with real firearms! ;)

It does make me smile when people go on and on (not saying you are!) that recoil on these guns (or GBBR) will make you super inaccurate.

The only effect it will have is the one you let it have, recoil is extremely managable.

as long as your hopup is nice and tight and has as little movement as possible (which the TM does) then it wont effect the accuracy!

A friend of mine did make an interesting observation about this though in that RS manufacturers are trying as hard as they can to reduce recoil, and Airsoft manufacturers are trying to introduce recoil!

J.

LOL....i confess I do love the recoil on my SOPMOD though... and yes I have brought Richard's recoil spring too (not installed yet)... but that video of the new recoil unit does look scary... somehow I feel that the AEG will fall apart sooner than the recoil unit itself... lol

Do I want one... Yes... Would I buy one.. probably not.... then again after a few reviews of use in the field perhaps I may bite the bullet....

Righty Ive uploaded the stock plate to the website thats now orderable, sorry i ve got loads of stock i havent listed since i redone the website. as for the wrenches i could only get 10 which will be here in 3 days something about low stocks at laylax.

As for the stock, i dont have any more second hand ones i could order you new but they are about 85 quid for either the sopmod version or the vltor cqb one.

Whats a good battery choice for the Socom?

I've seen drastic looking diffences in performance on YouTube videos. I don't want a mad rate of fire as I'd quite like to maintain reliability.

Any decent brand of lipo is good. I use a DualSky X-Power LIPO 7.4v 2200mah (20c) battery. It's small and fits easily into the SOCOM handguard.

Edited by TK4235

Sweet, thanks for the response, looks like more money to spend haha

Also just an fyi, the lonex metal hopup unit is trash. Richardy recommended i stay away from it but I was already making an order with ehobby (and who knows when echigoya will be back in stock) so i figured what the hell. Anyways the inner diameter is too large around the barrel so you have excessive barrel wobble and the inner diameter for the air nozzle is too small. The gun had problems loading bbs into the chamber after the lone hopup. So yes, stay far far away from this hopup chamber.

Dammit, the only other place selling a hopup unit is this guy on eBay and he wants $70 shipped for it, dammit Echigoya, get back in stock.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

I was not aware hop up units could be broken when removing the barrel... :o

Is there a specific way to remove the barrel then?

Time to hunt youtube for a disassembly video :)

While I was replacing my barrel, I snapped the tip right by the barrel locking clip. While removing the barrel, it was damn hard to pull out, when it finally did come out I was not expecting it and pulled it out at an angle. Now the barrel won't stay centered and the barrel moves around a little, I super glued back the snapped piece but the barrel still moves around.

I think I have one hopup waiting for my Sopmod repair - when AWS releases the mosfet - I could send it to you if you need it urgently, as long as you'll get one back to me? Might be too much hassle to be worth it for both of us :)

Thanks for the offer though yeah I could see that being more hassle for both of us haha. It'd be one thing if you had one extra laying around to sell, but since you'll be using it once the mofset comes out echigoya may still be out haha.

I think I might just buy the one off of eBay, pay the extra $25 to get it in a couple days instead of waiting.

Edited by akiraspeedstar