Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Got my shipment in today that included the Magpul PTS metal grip base, flip up caps for my Aimpoint M4 style sight, and some deans connectors. Got the grip base installed and got the motor height adjusted to the point where it sounds better then the OEM grip and OEM setting. Got my new hopup unit coming in tomorrow to replace the stock one that I damaged when I originally installed a TK Twist barrel *face palm*

As for the deans connectors, I really wish that I had known the size of them, honestly I never knew how big the "big" ones were and how small the "mini" connectors were. I ordered the mini size and HOLY *suitcase* THAT'S SMALL! haha. Trying to wonder now if I should just install the Mini plugs or wait for a time when I make another order to order the large size connectors, opinions?

Edited by akiraspeedstar

finally the SURUS is now available in echigoya. i just ordered mine. i will give feedback when package receive,I think I will pass on the TM G36C.this one will makes my sopmod a beast.

looks like its little updated than the one anakchan got it few days ago

check this out 3D model of the SURUS.

surus11final.jpg

store link

http://echigoya-guns.com/guns/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=366

damn my wallet is getting skinny lol.

Edited by zaimon

Zaimon - Thank you for this info and also if I may just put it out there, I hate you j/k haha. I thought I was done with my ordering for the month, but it looks like I'll be spending another $400 (since you need gears as well).

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Alright I finally fired my gun in full auto after installing the Eagle6 m110 and recoil spring (I installed it late last night and had to work a 12 hour shift today) and I've decided to just stick with this setup. It kicks harder then stock but not hard enough like the videos where it looks like accuracy would be affected a lot. While I have to say it looks stupid fun, I can't justify spending another $270+shipping for just increased recoil.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

finally the SURUS is now available in echigoya. i just ordered mine. i will give feedback when package receive,I think I will pass on the TM G36C.this one will makes my sopmod a beast.

looks like its little updated than the one anakchan got it few days ago

check this out 3D model of the SURUS.

[snip!!]

store link

http://echigoya-guns.com/guns/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=366

damn my wallet is getting skinny lol.

Zaimon,

Yes that is the "3rd" revision. They actually had that for a few weeks now. As posted in this thread a few pages back :-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/158786-initial-impressions-of-the-tm-sopmod-m4-aeg/page__view__findpost__p__2485143

Stock, my M4 SOCOM was shooting as high as 308 FPS with the hop set for .20g BBs.

I changed the Cylinder Head (added Sorbo padding), Cylinder (for an M4...not the stock Type-0), added a Promy Nozzle and changed my inner barrel to a KM 6.04mm TN 300mm inner barrel. With the stock spring, I was getting as 319-325 FPS with the hop set for .20g BBs.

I have my second M4 SOCOM in the car. Apparently, US Customs opened up my package and checked it. I'll have to mess with it after I get off work.

When I played, I constantly got asked if what I had was a GBB m4. HAHA! Kids :P

I just realized that I have never fired this gun farther then 15' with a working hopup unit. I installed the TK Twist barrel before I ever fired a shot in a game and sadly broke the hopup unit while doing so. The barrel would have issues of spinning a little and wobbling around in the chamber. Got the new hopup unit installed today and the spinning and wobble is gone, can't wait to get some game time in.

I also added a thin layer of Teflon tape to the inner barrel to alleviate the slight wobble within the outer barrel, not sure if it'll do anything, but the wobble is now non existent.

002.jpg

@TK4235, where did you get $250 out of curiosity? I just went to the Echigoya page and it says $93 :-

Sorry i just factored in the buffer tube. Should have said roughly. I know this is the 3rd incarnation in a matter of a few weeks but I'm wondering if there could be another revision? For me this recoil unit is more of a curiosity factor.. for th momen that is. :)

cost isnt really a factor especially if you have all ready spent out on promy parts...

you can also look at it as an investment a done well upgraded one will command more money if you ever sell it.

Can't argue with that logic. Also whether one sells or not at least you know that you probably have one of the best in class AEGs around.

Richardy, one one of your previous posts about loctite you mentioned a red and blue product? Are there two types of loctite which we must use?