Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

yeah all screws, i use red on some and blue on others. Blue on the stock tube end cap, red on the screws in the guide rail on the stock tube, red on the top gearbox screw, blue on the motor hight adjuster, dont put any on screws which screw into plastic as the loctite will eat away the plastic, blue on the grub screw in the front sight, red on the screw in the top of the RAS and blue in the screw under the RAS in the outer barrel, red in the recoil weight screws.

And with regards the stock tube im not sure how many times ive said this in this thread but if you can twist the stock tube the locking rings not tight, if the locking rings not tight it allows the stock tube threads movment when the recoil shakes, thus creating wear. Its the single biggest reason for ruining the stock tube threads, ie playing a game knowing your locking ring / castle nut is loose.

Get it tight ! and keep it tight!

There we go

Sure I read some were that they split the UBR stock tube to fit it on the EBB tube

Actually by default the UBR doesn't fit. You can't use the UBR buffer tube because it doesn't have the "wall" inside the buffer tube which the Sopmod/Socom needs as the base for the spring guide/spring. And also, the UBR stock itself doesn't slide into the standard TM or ARS CNC buffer tube.

However if one were to lathe the standard TM or ARS buffer tube to make it "slimmer", then the UBR stock may fit into that tube.

This has been done before by Echigoya a few years back. Have a look at Page 44 article #873.

Re the bbs not feeding, is it with all your mags?

I fixed the issue, as it seems the tappet plate spring wasn't seated correctly, this prevented the air nozzle from traveling back far enough to allow another bb to enter the chamber. I reset the spring and now it operates how it should, too bad it wasn't operating correctly during the game.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Yup it's pretty rare these things go wrong, when they do it's either something we've done or something loose through vibrations or broken tooth on the sector gear... That's really a small list of things that can go wrong. I'll try and get some more done on the Sopmod guide at diner then you'll have a bookmarkable web page with all the info, im trying to fit as many pics in as I can

I thought I saw something about the modifications needed to install the Daniel Defense Lite rail onto our guns though I can't seem to find it anymore.

What modifications (if any) are needed to install this on a CQB-R, I'm looking at replacing my flip up front sight with a gas block and utilizing a 9" rail.

MB-DD9-1L.jpg

Update: I think I found the page I was looking for, seems there really isn't any mods needed at all other then possible shimming.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Frank confirmed recently on the zeroin forum that he's doing the Sopmod one now, the reason his development pace has suddenly picked up is that he doesn't have to waste time with individual customers any more, just doing bulk orders.

I reckon we will see it fairly soon now.. I think he's undetestimating the sales he will get I mean let's take a poll .. Is there anyone here who won't be spend out on one ???

Yup it's pretty rare these things go wrong, when they do it's either something we've done or something loose through vibrations or broken tooth on the sector gear... That's really a small list of things that can go wrong. I'll try and get some more done on the Sopmod guide at diner then you'll have a bookmarkable web page with all the info, im trying to fit as many pics in as I can

I'd buy an AWS mosfet as quick as I could pay the guy!

Yup I'm ordering a load of raptors end of the week for v2 it's all helping set things up for the Sopmod order, there's no denying how popular they are for normal v2. And if I can get and sell through one or two lots it will set things up nicely for a pretty big Sopmod fet order.

Frank confirmed recently on the zeroin forum that he's doing the Sopmod one now, the reason his development pace has suddenly picked up is that he doesn't have to waste time with individual customers any more, just doing bulk orders.

I reckon we will see it fairly soon now.. I think he's undetestimating the sales he will get I mean let's take a poll .. Is there anyone here who won't be spend out on one ???

Awesome news!

I'll get one or two :P