Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

So im trying to put together this new sopmod guide if theres any faults you can think that youve had which need some sort of explaining let me know and ill add it, obviously im still working on it and no i havent spell checked :P

http://eagle6.co.uk/beta/reviews/how-to-guides/the-new-definative-tm-sopmod-m4-upgrade-guide/

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-pipe-ring-key

You didn't look hard enough ;)

Used my Socom again today was a bad guy / live target at a training day and wow the Eagle 6 ASAP sling plate has transformed the gun in a CQB environment still a shade long for some people but now much more manoeuvrable.

noooooooooooo ahhh man Id much rather have spent my money with you than anyone else lol i did look on the site aswell, hmmm oh well if it is just it needs tightening then all good and if it needs a new stock tube and nut ill be coming to you, may order a harder recoil spring too.

damm it lol i ended up ordering the laylax one from WGC lol ahh well its all good ill just have to wait a little longer to get my baby back up and running

hehe, least u can get ur part. i need a new trigger, and no one seems to have em. Firesupport reckon they can get one in the next 3-4 months -.-

Get the metal base plate, not only is it better quality and is a nice heat sink, but it'll offer better adjustment. With some people (including myself) the plastic base won't work at all. Well I got it to work, though the adjustment screw was well out of the base.

Other than that, it'll screw right on with no troubles.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Question: the Prometheus piston would just be a durability upgrade correct? Hence, I can upgrade allmost everything else except the piston? I tought I had ordered one but apparently not ... I do have the Magic Box one but apparently it's not that good, so just leave the original piston in?

yup internal oring on promtheus one. If its a socom version sometimes theres a gap between hop unit and gearbox becuase its hard slog to get it all back together with the wiring.

Otherwise i would go back in and do it all again , do compression test or check for signs of something wrong. Everyone else is getting 340 + so there has to be something up.

Do anyone has idea where I can buy these parts?

sop7.th.jpg

You cant buy those parts not even from TM.... They have done that do you cant buy the clone and have a cheap tm. You may be able to order them with an entire gearbox but youll need to order that at 100 plus dollars directly from TM via someone that lives in japan and a fax machine.

Was clearing out my bits box and found a G&P barrel nut & delta ring. The split gas tube on the TM makes swapping it out very easy to be honest I didn't even separate the upper and lower either.

End result is a very solid hand gaurd :) makes taking the bottom off quite tight but I'd rather that than it being too easy to take off.