Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

First I'd say check your battery. If that's fully charged and ok, then I'd say check both your recoil spring, recoil weight, power spring, & piston alignment alignment. If that's ok then check your selector plate position.

For me though if I get that 95% is the battery.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Question, when firing in single shot I tend to get these "jams" quite frequently lately (occured aswell in the past but now it's really frequently): I hear a "click" whenever I pull the trigger but nothing happens, I have to switch to full auto to make it fire again and than switch back to semi.

Plus 1 on the faults probably caused by the battery (had the same problem ) , what Batt you running in it ?

wow! the ARS creation is almost complete. where did you get that pics?

i guess anakchan will get that first for sure. go go anakchan get it and show us here in arnies

What makes you think so ;-)?? Hehehe, but you're right that I'd probably will despite the costs. Afterall I have already had to replace the stock lower receiver & buffer tube once due to cr@ppy pot metal.

However, the other reason this CNC is 'cos the new Echigoya recoil (not the SURUS that's on sale now but the variant which I put the video up on) kicks like crazy and will need the CNC buffer tube/lower receiver at least for durability.

Using a 7.4V 1600mAh 15C lipo, got two of em and same problem with both of them. They are about 1y old and I always used balanced charging ... Ordered a new 7.4 1300 mAh 20C to doublecheck ... If only I had a battery tester somewhere :(

Hmmm , if you'd said a nimh batt I'd have said there's your fault for definite ( that was my fault , and was cured by changing to a 2200mah 20c lipo ) so could 'possibly' be the 15c isn't delivering enuf ? Hopefully changing to a 20c will solve it for you .

What makes you think so ;-)?? Hehehe, but you're right that I'd probably will despite the costs. Afterall I have already had to replace the stock lower receiver & buffer tube once due to cr@ppy pot metal.

However, the other reason this CNC is 'cos the new Echigoya recoil (not the SURUS that's on sale now but the variant which I put the video up on) kicks like crazy and will need the CNC buffer tube/lower receiver at least for durability.

are they ever going to sell that variant?

Hmmm , if you'd said a nimh batt I'd have said there's your fault for definite ( that was my fault , and was cured by changing to a 2200mah 20c lipo ) so could 'possibly' be the 15c isn't delivering enuf ? Hopefully changing to a 20c will solve it for you .

Looks like it were my batteries after all! I used a 9.6V 3000mAh NiMh battery from a friend and I had insane trigger response! I enjoyed it a LOT and made plenty kills! I am so in love with this gun! <3

• Like 1

are they ever going to sell that variant?

Yes after they've gotten the patent. However I think releasing it soon would probably be mistake too since the SURUS was just released. To then sell the varient with an even bigger kick would make the SURUS obsolete quick.

Finally got to chrono my gun, consistent 398-399 fps shots with .20

MODS:

Prometheus 6.03 barrel

Prometheus piston head

Prometheus cylinder

Prometheus air nozzle

Prometheus spring guide

Lonex cylinder head

Eagle6 m110 spring

Eagle6 recoil spring

I'm very happy with my results, as a lot of fields have a 400fps limit. Most of those fields will only allow a 1-5fps window.

Akira, wow that's superb! I wish I could get a consistent fps on my gun.

May I ask, when you did the compression test with the air nozzle attached to the lonex cylinder head did you still get good compression or did air leak out? My m100 is still doing between 325 to 340 and it's not very consistent.

Compression was good when I tested it

Dammit, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, bolt catch ain't working again, guess I gotta take it apart again.

It almost looks like the gear box is angled upwards at the front, causing the mag lever to not contact the bolt catch.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Compression was good when I tested it

Dammit, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, bolt catch ain't working again, guess I gotta take it apart again.

It almost looks like the gear box is angled upwards at the front, causing the mag lever to not contact the bolt catch.

Akira, if the gearbox looks as though it's angled up at the front this implies that the stock buffer tube has not screwed onto the receiver properly. The stock tube when screwed into the receiver holds the gearbox firmly. A similar thing happened to mine until I realised what the problem was. Hope that makes sense?

To be frankly honest, my bolt catch never worked properly again after I opened her up for some upgrades. I have the problem in single shot as it seems to work in full auto ... :(

happy and sad to see that I'm not the only one

Akira, if the gearbox looks as though it's angled up at the front this implies that the stock buffer tube has not screwed onto the receiver properly. The stock tube when screwed into the receiver holds the gearbox firmly. A similar thing happened to mine until I realised what the problem was. Hope that makes sense?

Yeah I don't know if the angle was in my head or not, though I'm going to see if i can figure out what's wrong.

To be frankly honest, my bolt catch never worked properly again after I opened her up for some upgrades. I have the problem in single shot as it seems to work in full auto ... :(

Here's something which I can't get my head around..

On my unopened SOCOM if you look at the bolt catch assembly by looking into the magwell, you can easily push and pull down the bolt catch mechanism (the silver bit that screws into the gearbox) without any hinderence. However, on the SOPMOD the bolt catch does not have the same free play. The reason I think is that the tappet plate is pushed forward by the tappet spring and this seems to interferewith the bolt mechanism. Having said that, the bolt catch still works, no matter how many times i've taken the gearbox apart..