Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

Even if you don't intend to just yet, that's a good 26gbp savings! Sooner or later you're going to change the gears, why not have a set of Prometheus gears waiting on the side? I almost want to order another set for the hell of it, also just in case I end up picking up a SCAR-H.

Edited by akiraspeedstar
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Prometheus everything O_o haha, with full Prometheus parts (well, I had a Lonex cylinder head at the time) and a Eagle6 M110, my gun shot consistent 398-399fps. Wonder if the Prometheus cylinder head did anything, also installed the gears, but I know that doesn't do anything for fps.

Anakchan - Does the prototype recoil system use the same CNC buffer tube as the current SURUS? Wouldn't be too bad if I would just need to order a new recoil system, though having the order a new recoil system AND new buffer tube after buying the SURUS would be a pretty bad loss.

Pulled the trigger........ (Pun intended)

Just going to get a Eagle Six m100 spring and maybe the V2 Raptor mosfet.

Prommy parts.......... so far.

Hard piston

Double torque hard gears

Spring Guide

Sealing Nozzle

Aero Cylinder Head V2

Piston Head

Hard selector plate

Sorry Megalomanic I was mistaken by the sopmod cylinder......... so many different parts etc!

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_AEG_Cylinders_Pistons_Prometheus_Stainless_Hard_Cylinder_for_Ver_7_Type_A.htm

Should be the closest fit, some talk about it on the Scar thread. There is a mm difference in the V7's but sometimes they drop in due to tollerances. Richard says that often companies will send a V7 one anyways when you order a Sopmod one as they are that close.

• Like 1

Well, I was tired of my bolt catch not working, a few of my magazines are faulty with the bolt catch lever system. I tried loosening the screws (helped a little), I tried adding lubricant, etc. Anyways to fix the issue with the bolt catch, I wrapped one of the arms with electrical tape, then I put a heat shrink over it. Now my magazines work flawlessly, with the bolt catch operating each and every time. It's ghetto, I know, but hey it worked haha.

2011-11-25172114.jpg

UPDATE: I just tested all of my magazines 3x each and the bolt catch worked every single time. Just an idea for anyone else having bolt catch issues, it takes a good 2-3 minutes a magazine and works flawlessly.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

me too.... it would appear as though the lever system doesn't have quite enough pressure when pushed up to flawlessly operate the bolt stop.

By adding the bit of heat shrink, or as in my case, removing the follower to allow it to travel up a bit further adds a little more pressure making it much more reliable.

It might well be ghetto.... but it works, and that's all that matters.

Hey Chef.. go UKG go... :)

Well it's done.. 340 to 346fps.... after bulding the gearbox for the nth time, i'm pleased with the M100 and the pommy parts..... looks like my compression issues have been sorted....... yay!!! :) Now all I need to do is to put a few 1000 rounds to bed in the hop rubber too.....

Right onto the next upgrade? Mmmmmmmmmmm lol