Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

Well this was an eventful and fruitful 3 days off form work. It looks like I'm once again a SOPMOD owner, the kid who purchased my gun didn't tell his father how much he was paying me and wanted him to return the gun. Unfortunately for him, I already spent $400 of the $1100 on a KWA MP7, spare MP7 mags, and some other mics. items. So all I offered him for a refund would be the remaining $700 and the guns that he gave me (that I fixed, they were in pretty bad shape) and he'd give me back my gun and everything I gave with it. In the end he said I could keep the sniper rifle for the trouble and accepted the $700 and the now fixed WE 1911's.

Now that I have a MP7 on it's way for CQB activity, I'm thinking about turning my CQB-R from a MK18 MOD1 to a DMR setup.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Nice, that's the one I was looking at but I didn't know how it'd look. Is that 469 barrel sticking out past the outer barrel?

Furk me you must have eyes like a s**t house rat too see that ! Lol . yup it sticks out about a cm or so .

Brief update, went back to the EG1000 as the AMP High Torque was having gear mesh issues with the Prometheus gears, finally tried my new ORGA MAGNUS 6.23mm barrel and Firefly Namazu flat hop combo, still on the stock spring and piston I was getting 300fps with the wide bore I only went down to 293fps but gained 20% (by estimation I'll need to properly range it out next week) range while maintaining a flat level "laser" like flight path. I need more punch and heavier BBs local players are too used to being pelted with .25s at +400fps to notice the love taps from my Marui.

Edited by Megalomaniac

Glad to see our 6.23mm Magnus is starting to catch on :)

You should try our 125M spring as well. This will bring you back up to nearly 328 fps (or more) and will improve you distance a some more.

My RECCE is currently being rebuilt with the full ORGA Magnus package for testing purposes. We have been extremely busy with custom builds so it isn't done yet, but we are hoping to get some video this weekend. It will include:

- Magnus 6.23mm inner barrel (150 or 180mm length)

- Magnus widebore cylinder and custom piston head

- Core piston

- M125 Spring

- Namazu flat hop

- Dendenmushi nozzle

- SHS gears

We have to use the 150mm barrel to keep it Japanese complaint (1J) so the longer barrel you ordered might explain why you didn't see as large a drop off in power as we usually experience in our builds.

Edited by GingaNinga

Glad to see our 6.23mm Magnus is starting to catch on :)

You should try our 125M spring as well. This will bring you back up to nearly 328 fps (or more) and will improve you distance a some more.

My RECCE is currently being rebuilt with the full ORGA Magnus package for testing purposes. We have been extremely busy with custom builds so it isn't done yet, but we are hoping to get some video this weekend. It will include:

- Magnus 6.23mm inner barrel (150 or 180mm length)

- Magnus widebore cylinder and custom piston head

- Core piston

- M125 Spring

- Namazu flat hop

- Dendenmushi nozzle

- SHS gears

We have to use the 150mm barrel to keep it Japanese complaint (1J) so the longer barrel you ordered might explain why you didn't see as large a drop off in power as we usually experience in our builds.

I would be very interested on how this works out!

Please keep us posted!

Evening all,

A mate of mine has just ordered a TM M4 Sopmod but wants to run a lipo battery in it, been trying to come up with some options on Google etc but not really turning anything up.

Does the rifle need some type of adaptor to connect the lipo, if anyone has any links or advice it would be most useful

Also any idea on what measurments the crane stock is from a battery point of view, what will actually fit?

After several months of umm-ing and ahh-ing I've finally gone ahead and bought a SOCOM today - along with a G&P Troy MRF rail, CTR stock and a bunch of smaller bits and bobs. First impressions are good and build quality is much better than I was expecting. Looking forward to messing around with this gun and getting as good as my PTW ;-)

If I were to use a 11.1v Lipo with this gun would a plug and play MOSFET be okay, or do I need to use a micro-switch trigger? I really like a snappy trigger response…

Wootley: Check out the TM RECCE Rifle review on Arnies, there is mention there of a Lipo adaptor for the TM stock. Or Eagle 6 make Lipo batteries shaped for the Marui stocks.

Cheers Sixty, I did read that but the adaptor is not available in this country and the seller is out of stock and won't ship to the UK :no:

Checked the Eagle 6 site and they only do one battery priced at £119.99 :fear2: and out of stock

Any other ideas, what are you running in yours?

Does the rifle need some type of adaptor to connect the lipo, if anyone has any links or advice it would be most useful

Also any idea on what measurments the crane stock is from a battery point of view, what will actually fit?

You'll either have to buy that adapter from Japan (which is out) or one of those LiPos from eagle6. The other options is to just desolder the stock battery system and solder on a deans connector. It'll be possible to fit a LiPo into the crane stock but nothing larger then a 7.4v. I've tried and was unsuccessful in finding a 11.1v that would fit into the crane stock.

If I were to use a 11.1v Lipo with this gun would a plug and play MOSFET be okay, or do I need to use a micro-switch trigger? I really like a snappy trigger response…

A MOSFET would be fine, though adding it to a SOPMOD will be a *badgeress*. For the SOCOM it won't be so bad since it's front battery wired, but for a rear wired gun you'd either have to front wire it, add excess wires to the front just for the mosfet, or shove the mosfet into your stock, which would limit it's movement. AWS is coming out with a drop in mosfet that replaces the whole trigger assembly in a couple of decades.

On a different note, does anyone want to buy a Brand New ARS A.S.A.P. style sling mount for the SOPMOD, SOCOM, & RECCE? I'll sell it for $35 shipped (to the US).

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Take off the stock, take off about 2 screws, desolder 2 wires, pull out the power bar, solder on deans connectors and you're good. I did this since the OEM batteries aren't worth the price at all for performance and reliability.

I'd take pictures for you but I just sold and shipped out my gun today.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Thanks for the advice Akira. I have a SOCOM so will be trying to fit a Lipo and Mosfet in the handguard. If that doesn't work out I'll resort to a PEQ box.

You should have enough room in there, especially since the SOCOM outer barrels are machined down a little at the bottom for more space.

Thanks for the advice Akira. I have a SOCOM so will be trying to fit a Lipo and Mosfet in the handguard. If that doesn't work out I'll resort to a PEQ box.

Hope your going to up-grade your internals big time mate , a 11'er will shred a standard Socom (not internet hearsay I actualy saw the after effects of it , not prity) .