Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

Anyone know where can I get a SURUS recoil weight? I bought the CNC buffer tube for it from Echigoya a few months ago but they were out of stock of the SURUS back then. I asked them if they make new ones and they replied "soon" but that was a while ago so I started looking around but found nothing.

I`ve asked  asked the same question about their cnc products, but they`ve never replied.

I'm in exactly the same position; they told me they were moving their CNC facility and would have three months of downtime; this would have been in January or something so they need to get their act together. No-one else will sell them as insofar as I am aware Echigoya are the only distributor of Airsoft Research Syndicate (ARS, the makers of the SURUS, the buffer tube and other parts) parts. Maybe if the three of us start bombarding them with e-mails they'll take notice? I'll PM you two later.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

CKinnerly: I have a PTS CTR stock on my Socom and it fits without rattle or gaps. It really does lock down nice and solid, way better than the few other airsoft stocks I have tried.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a PTS UBR stock (the model for gas blow back rifles) and seeing if it can be modded for a lipo. On top of the mods required to the Socom stock pipe it also would mean dismantling the Magpul stock tube and trying to route wires through, and then dremeling out behind the storage are to see if a small battery would fit. At best I'd say there would be a 50% chance of success, and UBR stocks are pricey, so I don't think I'll ever get around to it but it would be sweet if it worked.

Did you get them from ARS directly, or from Echigoya? And how dark are we talking? There's a hefty finders fee for whoever can sell me a SURUS.

Depends on the part, costs and availability.  The initial batch of surus kits and lowers was ordered by echigoya.. they brought all of them.  ARS wanted many pennies for a batch of stock tubes and lowers for me... i just couldnt justify it.  So i just ordered the occasional one from echi to keep in stock.  i batch order the smaller single items though as the cost for them isnt to bad.  ARS is a little diff as they will literally make that batch just for the person ordering.  As opposed to having say 3000 in stock and distributing to dealers.

T's normally pretty good at replying so pretty dark.  My other contacts in japan arnt replying either.. so either japan is no more or its a busy and crappy time of year for buying airsoft parts :P

• Like 1

Ah, that makes a lot of sense - in particular because it explains why Echigoya list the lower receivers as 'by order only' rather than in or out of stock. If you could get me (and Zereck, it would appear) SURUS...es (?! SURUSii?) I'd be very happy to pay over the odds for one. I don't like the way Echigoya don't answer their e-mails so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get one that way...

I would pay a kings ransom right now for a tan Recce upper, has anyone tried to strip down the front end of a Recce before?

There's a KAC type barrel nut on there but the internal cavity of the Daniel Defense RIS is so tight, I can't fit anything in to unscrew the nut up.......annoying

I took the plunge and decided to try out a Redi-Mag system on my SOCOM. Short story: bad idea.

I thought it would be a perfect solution for storing a battery and mosfet without cluttering up my rail system with a PEQ, and being able to use my favourite CTR stock.

My plan was to dremel a slot in the lower receiver so the wires could come from the gearbox, through the slot and straight in to Redi-Mag system. No need to front wire through the channel by the barrel, meaning the two control wires for the mosfet wouldn't cause problems or get pinched during assembly.

How completely wrong could I be.

Luckily I did a dry run before making any permanent mods, when I realised the magazine shell comes right up in to the mag well and literally wraps around the bottom part of the gearbox. There is no way of routing the wires except to the front or back.

Any Redi-Mag would have ugly wires hanging out of the RIS or hand guards, which is not what I wanted.

post-285-0-71011700-1388437779_thumb.jpg post-285-0-56460300-1388437794_thumb.jpg

OK, so this is my issue.

IIRC, a Madbull DD AR15 Lite RIS comes off after you take out the 6 hex screws.

After removing these on my RECCE, RIS is still ROCK SOLID attached.

I wish I could take photo's of this KAC type barrel nut on there, but it's too difficult to get a clear shot.

To the Dremel!

kzqb.jpg

Slicing that *badgeress* off huh?  I wonder if a URX barrel nut tool would've done the job?  Strange.

There isn't a small cross-head screw at the 6 o/clock in the barrel somewhere holding the barrel nut is there?  That's how the funky piece that looks like a barrel nut (but actually just keeps the delta ring spring in place) is secured on the SOPMOD/SOCOM.  I guess the way to try and figure it out would be to attempt to figure out how they installed it at the factory.