Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

to be honest i think the lack of guns on the playing field is"nt helped by the price either , i was lucky i picked mine up second hand with a load of mags and a new spring fitted for £400 ($613) all in . i know quite a few fellow players who would dearly love one but can"t afford to lay out £500 plus on a new gun and mags (pleasures of parent hood !).

i managed to shift a couple of AEG"s at the time mine came on the market so they payed for mine and VERY VERY happy i am that i got it , as has been stated by others once you get one you don"t stop grining during game play :D .

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Personnally I'll never go back to regular AEG's! it just wouldnt be the same! Once I've picked myself up a CQB M$ Im gonna try TM's AK 102 recoil!, gotta love recoil! and the range is outstanding to boot!

I think recently we have definately seen a rise in after market parts becomign available! It's starting, slower than we'd hoped, but it will get there! we'll see a decent after market receiver set and steel barel option eventually!

People just need to take up this new tech and run with it!

If Army get their clone out at last, it will change ...

I dont think that will be abailable until autumn or winter... but if it is released before, I wont complain at all :) just hope TM doesnt start to act like magpul PTS enforcing their copyright or there will be no clone at all, and ironically, its the clones who rises 3rd party accesories, and so, sales of both TM and clones :lol:

Any review about that AK102? rolleyes.gif

havnt seen many reviews, certainly no indepth ones, on the AK 102, but I've watched a bunch of Youtube vieods on it though, I like the looks of it!

On the subject of Youtube videos, and also going back ot the after market receivers...

I found this on youtube,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ly22-SwVg

Now google translater translated this as;

"Introduction of next-generation Magunamumota M4" Which I take to mean, 'intro of next gen magnum motor M4'

From reading the translated description, I believe it says that the poster, has fitted a new 'magnum' motor into a sopmod M4 and done a few other upgrades etc, It sounds kinda nice, certainly a snappy trigger response.

I was dubious as to whether or not it was a SOPMOD and its because the lower receiver has a MAGPUL decal on teh magwell, now is this just a sticker or something added after purchase, or is it a magpul lowever receiver!?

The real question is...Has anyone actually tried to fit a different reciever to the SOPMOD!? I know the barrel fitting and Delta assembly are a bit different to a regular TM but do Regular receviers fit!?

I think someone should Try! :P

I think the recievers are too different due to hop chamber, gearbox shape and other features, it may be possible, but after a lot of modifications... I dont think it would be worth it =S

EDIT: Maybe its a known fact, but... the new recce M4 which will be released this august (more or less) will be priced around the 60.000 yens which is more than 600$ and 531€... a bit pricey for a regular SOPMOD with a different rail and a 3 piece outer barrel... =S

*Suitcase, they deserve being cloned :lol:

Edited by Isamu

Yeah I know the upper receiver would be a stretch to replace due to the hop chamber, but how different is the rest of the gun, would it allow replacement of lower receiver!? any way, moot point, i dont have the cash to do it! and mine is fine just now! :D

I was dubious as to whether or not it was a SOPMOD and its because the lower receiver has a MAGPUL decal on teh magwell, now is this just a sticker or something added after purchase, or is it a magpul lowever receiver!?

I believe that's a sticker:

http://store.magpul.com/product/112/68

Yeah I know the upper receiver would be a stretch to replace due to the hop chamber, but how different is the rest of the gun, would it allow replacement of lower receiver!? any way, moot point, i dont have the cash to do it! and mine is fine just now! :D

I'm trying to figure out if you're talking about using RS receivers or AEG receivers as replacements. For RS, too narrow for the mechbox whilst for AEG, where's your blowback gonna fit :D? Remember AEGs have the long/short stock "thing" protruding out from the back of the rear receiver.

lol i love laylax not only did they fix the bar issue they fixed the contacts issue too, hey laylax i want royaltys for the idea :P

i do love those guys, i like the simplicity of there idea, mine was litterally a whole new peice, theres from a manufacturing point of veiw makes life so much easyier..

oh to have the equipment...

sorry guys if laylax offered me a job id be there in a heart beat hehe :D

The type of matterial can have a big impact on how much you can heat it and soldier wire too, ie the flux cleans it and then adheres to it. Im sure these are going to be fine, and very popular as ill be recommending them to everyone. but basically the soldier connection / joint, especially with the movement in the sopmod stock will be very important here..

so take your time guys and make it a nice one...

I'm trying to figure out if you're talking about using RS receivers or AEG receivers as replacements. For RS, too narrow for the mechbox whilst for AEG, where's your blowback gonna fit :D? Remember AEGs have the long/short stock "thing" protruding out from the back of the rear receiver.

Erm...why did I not think about that!? :blink: lol. I'll get my coat... :P

On the issue of the Laylax contact parts, what are we thinking here, will it eliminate lock ups, stock wobble, pick up ythe ROF and trigger response? or would direct wiring to lipo thorugh a deans connector still be better!? I suppose its wait and see really!

But iff i bought a CQB-R or a SOPMOD I'd want the same trigger response and ROF as I get with my SOCOM.

Edited by Number5

well a lipo trhough the current connections vs deans loses 3 rps.. so if these new contacts increase the ROF by even 1 rps it will be a good increase in my opinion.. if they increase by 3 then sweet.

AS id prefer to keep the quick change connection.. ive currently got mine wired direct but it is very fast... ill probably go back when the laylax parts are out.. so i can have quick change.. its more for the effortless sliding stock opertation... its pretty cool, and its a little jumpy after you wire it up with deans..

translation from laylax about the metal bars

These models are in stock to allow expansion and contraction of energized parts to place between the rails like a stock pipe and stock inside. Naturally energized parts, sharp shock and it takes loads. This product contact surface of precision cutting of aluminum can be produced with high accuracy (= steady contact) to realize high strength. Treated another 24 gold, enhanced power efficiency. Power efficiency while maintaining the durability and retrofit by normal, so you can dramatically improve the potential of the gun.

Compatible models: the next generation after the routing model M4 Series

(SOPMOD M4/CQB-R) (SOPMOD M4/CQB-R)

JANコード:4560329174258 JAN Code: 4560329174258

メーカー希望小売価格 ¥3,400 MSRP ¥ 3,400

Aliminum ? not sure why they didnt go copper here.. thats a let down.. im sure it will remove any play and they will stop the lockup issue but copper would have been a better conductor.. maybe the alliminum is harder ? or adheres to the gold coating better.. dunno..

i reckon i tracked it down.. some peoples sopmods completely stop working, but its intermitent..

Basically a small peice in the stock breaks from im assuming play or falling over or something which lets face it cant be helped in airsoft..

any way in most cases the parts stay stuck in the stock for the most part filling the gap but maybe theres enough play to cuase the bars not to make a connection

see the picture below ive placed two contact bar sets side by side to show how with the peices broken and missing from the stock part, the bar now sits further away to far away to actaully touch the metal! but if you think about it they would move with the sliding stock, meaning if you moved the stock towards the gun it would potentially make a connection but moving the stock away might break the connection..

brokenstockissue.jpg

So the only things you guys suggest are ball bearings, tightbore and a better spring? Just asking could you guys tell me the brands that would fit well into this gun and not cause problems im not gonna read all 50 pages lol. nosleep.gif A little too much for me, but im actually looking into this aeg.

I don't think anyone suggested ball bearing bushings. But I know mine ball bearing bushings broke. Personally I'd recommend oilless bushings instead of ball bearing bushings. My opinion would be the PDI 6.01mm and Richard Y's Eagle6 springs. Also put my vote on Firefly Kurage buckings. Other recommendations have been on Lipo & Fet use (again I'd recommend AB-FET).