Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

good catch! it appears they have a new method of fitting the rack to it as well... interesting..

looks strong..

but i wouldnt recommend fitting it on the standard tm gears unless you guys fit some aftermarket ones..

sean will be alright hes got magic box ones ;)

come on prometheus! lol i want some new gears.............

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

ill match your piston find with a new locking ring for the stock tube from laylax..

08071049_4c5cbbb4cbd6a.jpg

08071049_4c5cbbb90a3e4.jpg

Maximum is characterized by intense recoil shock of the next generation, we will surely stressed as each part slowly.

The increasing frequency of use, most stored in the base of the stock frame and causes tightness and strain increases with the rattle attached.

In addition, a custom decorated aircraft for rapid progress, more attention must be 付Kene.

But it recovered again to shut temporarily buffering, zinc alloy for the material, large deformation of each part, with bigger and went faster and faster and they rattle loose, once the worst thread may be impossible to fix the damaged frame.

This item is made of tough, tough chrome molybdenum steel! Deformation and impact, high resistance against distortion, it can also increase the rigidity tightening is possible with a fixed base hunks!

!! Furthermore our "Nejirokkujerutaipu" strongly recommended for use with! Curing flexibility, so vibration and shock resistant, and excellent compatibility with the next generation!

i dont know what that means but ill probably buy it any way...

i reckon it simply means you can tighten the stock locking ring tighter with less chance of mashing the threads..

Sup chaps,

Just awaiting delivery of mine and about to order an Eagle6 M90 spring :P

I am unsure of how to attach a sling to one of these, anyone know what kind of sling mounts fit?

Cheers all

Easiest way is a 2 point sling, if you want a one point sling you need to modify a GBBR one, or put a couple of zip ties for a guetto look

Nice find Richard,

However in Echigoya, Airsoft Common also had one of those rings, milled to milspec (i.e. thinner I believe). Here's the same product from a different shop :-

acBRreal.jpg

Says "Steel Buffer Ring, real size".

I did forget to mention in JP Airsoft Common also makes parts for the Recoil Engine systems. More info here :-

http://www.frontier1.jp/HP/airsoft%20common.html

Edited by AnakChan

lol look at all those different outer barrels.. isamu will have a heart attack...

Im about to put an order in for 10 sets these

07161624_4c40094373c93.jpg

And 10 sets of these

07241045_4c4a45af81731.jpg

Ill try and get them as cheap as i can but i think at this point, with all the sopmods ive had in with either missing connectors or broken stock pieces.. I think everyone will just be glad to have a source of them

ETA about 2 weeks..

Est £29.99 for the gold contact kit

Est £24.99 for the hard stock piece

Let me know if your interested and ill put your name down for one or both.

Almost richard, almost, but they are too short, 7 and 7.5 inches? meh! 10.5" is "the sweet spot" rolleyes.gif

That wasnt a good phrase :lol:

Its good spares start to come out, but I just wish ACM brands made it too, Magpul, Vltor bodies, outer barrels, common spares... come on, I would buy even if they are from Element :lol:

Just a question to test the waters, is there any 13" rail which fits the Sopmod? I decided that a M16 as DMR is too long, better a Recce, without paying the 600$ of the TM recce :lol:

Almost richard, almost, but they are too short, 7 and 7.5 inches? meh! 10.5" is "the sweet spot" rolleyes.gif

That wasnt a good phrase :lol:

Its good spares start to come out, but I just wish ACM brands made it too, Magpul, Vltor bodies, outer barrels, common spares... come on, I would buy even if they are from Element :lol:

Just a question to test the waters, is there any 13" rail which fits the Sopmod? I decided that a M16 as DMR is too long, better a Recce, without paying the 600$ of the TM recce :lol:

I think Socom gear make a 13" RAS II (Block 2 version) but they are rare as rocking horse ****

I'd love one. But more than that Id love 13" RAS II FSP Rail!!!!

Sorry for the double post, but I cant edit my last one :)

maybe all or most of you already know this, but im going to share anyway. All of us, mostly the ones who bought a SOCOM model, found out that the stock wobbles... A LOT, its normal on most AEGs but annoying anyway, but after I switched the stock for an ACM CTR stock, the wobble was minimal to "cero", good, but for my next skirmish I fancy a more classical look, so no magpul this sunday and welcome wobbly stock... or no?

The idea of AEG stocks not wobbling in the sopmod/socom came to my mind, so I tested it with a galaxy MP5K stock and bingo, it didnt wobble, but the pin locking into the tube was too long so even locking the stock firmly into position, the lever was moving free, Annoying again. So I tried exchanging such pins from the TM stock to the galaxy one and now the stock is perfect :)

Last touch was adding a strap of velcro and know its super comfortable :D

Sorry, I havent got my camera with me right now and my explanations dont seem very easy to understand :(

Look at this pic from a regular M4 manual

culata-AEG-en-SOPMOD.jpg

Just replace the red colored pieces of the AEG stock with the ones from your TM SOPMOD/SOCOM.

A TM stock can be used in a regular AEG with this piece exchanged too, it will be a bit more wobbly than usual, but its usable :)

maybe all or most of you already know this, but im going to share anyway. All of us, mostly the ones who bought a SOCOM model, found out that the stock wobbles... A LOT, its normal on most AEGs but annoying anyway, but after I switched the stock for an ACM CTR stock, the wobble was minimal to "cero", good, but for my next skirmish I fancy a more classical look, so no magpul this sunday and welcome wobbly stock... or no?

I found that the original stock on my SOCOM wobbled a fair amount, but the wobble completely vanished when I swapped it out for a Magpul MOE stock. It was definitely $18 (bought it used) well spent! Tomorrow I'll be installing a Magpul MOE pistol grip on it, which will further increase my SOCOM's Magpul'ization.

I have a question regarding the Magpul ASAP plates though. I've seen in this thread that a few people have installed the GBB version of the ASAP plate onto their SOPMOD, with slight modification. My question is: Will I have to do any dremeling to install the ASAP plate on my SOCOM? I wonder if I might not have to, since my gun isn't wired to the back (meaning I wouldn't have to dremel out extra space for the wires).

Thank you Isamu. I found the stock on my SOCOM to be very wobbly as well, and swapped it for a MAGPUL. Interestingly, I have to Magpul stocks, and only one would fit. One was too tight, the other no problem.

I used the Socom in a game yesterday and it was amazing. I sold my SOPMOD about 6 months ago, and missed it so much I came back to the platform, but went with the SOCOM so I could have more mod options. It is such a wonderful platform, and the only one that I have left, missed, and come back to.

Dstole: you are welcome :) HUman beings allways miss the good things, and SOPMOD/SOCOMs are the best AEG an airosfter can shoot.

Wish I had money to start my DMR project with a SOPMOD base... :(

Fathammer: a GBBR ASAP is the closest you will get, and even then, you need to dremmel a bit of it n order to make it fit. You know... "no pain, no gain" :)

I would, but their site doesn't seem very English-friendly. It looks like I'll be going with the GBB-version of the Magpul ASAP plate, and having my local shop perform the modifications for me.

While we're on the topic of stocks... I know Marui was showing option parts for the SOPMOD in one of their catalogs for future catalogs and I saw a EMOD VLTOR stock (the one from the CQB-R). I noticed these stocks were less wobbly than the regular SOPMOD crane stock when I held a TM CQB-R the other day... Now the question is when are they going to release it? Also do you guys know of any alternative to stop stock wobble for the SOPMOD without having to replace the stock itself. :mellow:

Edited by Zero Arsenal