Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Defo get a layalx locking ring, as should others who tkae there tubes off a lot. grips much tighter on threads which are worn.

But alas your tube has worn to quite a low point.. youd be much happy getting a whole new stock tube.

Ill order one but about 2 weeks.

Regards

Rich

SPR Mk12 mod 1. SPR_MK12Mod1_Web_4.jpg

Not my image.

Needs about an 18 inch barrel though, 12 inch rail. All available for standard rifles, but...

Anyway, fitted Eagle6 M90 today (310fps on my stock CQBR). What a pain in the neck. Particularly the hard locking ring I decided to fit at the same time. Firstly I had to put on and remove the ring on the stockpipe several times to get it to take. It's not cross threaded, but it did grind away a fair bit of metal until it became an easy fit. The next problem I encountered was that they're tighter than the standard ring, so I couldn't actually get the wires back on. I had to file down the wire groove ramp in order to get it all back on.

I also metal fatigued and pulled the spring out the back of the gearbox rather than taking the whole thing apart. All seems to be working okay though. As expected it's even louder than it was before. I was sorely tempted to put the M100 in, but 330 (lowest) would give me no margin for error on a 328 site. A slightly high reading chrono or a tight bore barrel added later and I'd be out of luck. Guess I'll need a second rifle at some point. ;)

Anyone know if there are any aftermarket outer barrel options beside the 10.3/10.5 pdi ones? I'd quite like to try making something else...

There are.

A company called Airsoft Common makes outer barrels and other parts.

http://www.frontier1.jp/HP/airsoft%20common.html

I have a very short 7 inch to work with my diablo front end, but they make other sizes as well I think.

Here is a link... (sorry it's in japanese)

http://www.first-jp.com/items/12/02/03/detail.php?itemcode=1202ASC00013

They are out of stock, but sometimes they pop up on auction sites.

I sent one over to a fellow Arnies user. PM me if you want one.

Edited by dstole

Hi all,

Being new to the recoil-shock guns.

Using my TM Recce today. I'm using standard Sopmod battery 8.4 & using the TM EG 30,000. Everything else is standard.

At times, firing on single. Shooting very quickly on single. (Pulling the trigger fast)

It sometimes jams, no trigger response, to sort it out i've gotta flick it on auto to work it again. Only happened twice.

Does this happen on sopmod, socom versions? blink.gif

Hi all,

Being new to the recoil-shock guns.

Using my TM Recce today. I'm using standard Sopmod battery 8.4 & using the TM EG 30,000. Everything else is standard.

At times, firing on single. Shooting very quickly on single. (Pulling the trigger fast)

It sometimes jams, no trigger response, to sort it out i've gotta flick it on auto to work it again. Only happened twice.

Does this happen on sopmod, socom versions? blink.gif

theres a fair bit about curing lock up in the thread mate (go back and read from the start young one! :D ) but i cured it in my socom by changing to deans and lipo"s (at Richard"s sugestion , thank you sir ;) )no nead for eny radical re-wiring and removing gear parts ! ;)

as far as my knowledge goes,very much yes :). Thats why you install an AB mosfet and remove the anti reversal latch.

No more semi-lockups !

But... best to ask another opinion still :)

Can you use the mosfit with the TM EG 30,000 and Sopmod Battery.?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Eagle6Airsoft#p/a/u/1/-dOgo3JUha8

Is this similar?

theres a fair bit about curing lock up in the thread mate (go back and read from the start young one! :D ) but i cured it in my socom by changing to deans and lipo"s (at Richard"s sugestion , thank you sir ;) )no nead for eny radical re-wiring and removing gear parts ! ;)

Can you point me in the right direction on the page. When using lipo. Everything Standard. Are you able to quickly hit the trigger as fast as you can.?

many thanks biggrin.gif

Edited by kithooton

its about a smooth cycle of the system and having the power to do it, if your new to the gun your probbal running stock 8.4v bats .. they simply dont cut it not when compared to the high expectations people have or invision and aeg to perform like.

Upgrade the packs to 9.6v and try again.

The internal trigger fet in that vid is for normal version 2 only.. it wont fit the sopmod. Youll have to wait for a new version 2 version :/

as far as my knowledge goes,very much yes :). Thats why you install an AB mosfet and remove the anti reversal latch.

No more semi-lockups !

But... best to ask another opinion still :)

I've never heard of removing the ARL when installing an AB-FET. I've heard of recommendations of removing the ARL when installing a full-cycle detection FET (like the Airsoft Smart Control Unit) but when you read reviews of it, even then people recommend putting the ARL back in.

Even AWS's full cycle detection FETs (Pulse/Scorpions) recommend not doing so (http://www.awsairsoft.com/pulse#q5).

Thanks Richard, do you think it will have any ill effect on range and accuracy? I have noted than the hornbill has a clean cut in the hole wich gets into the chamber while the TM has tree small notches... Sorry, I have no camera right now to show difference unsure.gif

BTW, the video of the mosfet is very nice cant wait to see it attached to a new gen V2