Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Here is my baby. SFW with AG36 launcher. Based on a TM Sopmod, with internal upgrade parts from Prometheus, Eagle6 M100 spring, Firefly rubbers, Guarder 407mm inner barrel, perr_mike barrel extention, and Army Code front sight.

Chrono says an average of 353 fps, based on ten shots. Will put some tention on the spring to get it below 350 fps.

Will test it properly outside when light conditions allow. Hopefully the range will be ok.

Apollogies for the webcam pics...

post-64779-0-31970100-1299796769_thumb.jpg

post-64779-0-03234800-1299796785_thumb.jpg

post-64779-0-89329000-1299796795_thumb.jpg

post-64779-0-51073900-1299796809_thumb.jpg

Edited by arne71
  • Like 1

I'm having a constant hop on / off experience with my Socom - and had a similar experience with the Sopmod before.

Basically In anything under 5 degrees Celsius, my first 10 or so shots don't receive enough Hop, and then it starts to work. No shooting for 10-15 minutes restarts the process.

This means that if I correct the hopup for the first shot I'll get overhop for sure on the long term.

What is your experience? I'm basically looking to rush my upgrade to 100m/s just to solve this goddamn problem.

I'm having a constant hop on / off experience with my Socom - and had a similar experience with the Sopmod before.

Basically In anything under 5 degrees Celsius, my first 10 or so shots don't receive enough Hop, and then it starts to work. No shooting for 10-15 minutes restarts the process.

This means that if I correct the hopup for the first shot I'll get overhop for sure on the long term.

What is your experience? I'm basically looking to rush my upgrade to 100m/s just to solve this goddamn problem.

Lots of players associate hardness of the rubber with powerlevels, for instance hard rubber = 400 fps is the rule but manything effect the rule.

Temperature affects different rubbers differently, as it heats up with shoots fired your seeing a change, which hardness type is this rubber ? If for instance its a firefly normal... They do a SOFT and an EXTRA SOFT version. You may find that the extra plyable nature of the super soft silicone is less affected by extreme cold. They also do a hard which i believe to be a better choice for extreme heat environments, as the heat will loosen it up a bit, as they are pretty hard at default

Youve certainly got some experimenting which could be done.

Anyone ever had problems switching their inner barrel? I'm trying to replace it with a precision barrel but i can't get the HU off..

I'm a little scared to aply too much force on it. It's like glued or something.. :huh:

Hu ? upper reciever?

pin out ... slide off...

If it only comes off half way pull back the charge handle.

Lots of players associate hardness of the rubber with powerlevels, for instance hard rubber = 400 fps is the rule but manything effect the rule.

Temperature affects different rubbers differently, as it heats up with shoots fired your seeing a change, which hardness type is this rubber ? If for instance its a firefly normal... They do a SOFT and an EXTRA SOFT version. You may find that the extra plyable nature of the super soft silicone is less affected by extreme cold. They also do a hard which i believe to be a better choice for extreme heat environments, as the heat will loosen it up a bit, as they are pretty hard at default

Youve certainly got some experimenting which could be done.

It's a Normal Firefly... shooting 0.25 through it, stock upgrade level and a TK twist barrel.

I don't remember any such issues with my previous rifle, shooting 100m/s through the same barrel / bucking combination.

Try using silicon spray on the outside of the hop rubber?

For my part I've just wasted an hour stripping, cleaning, restripping 30/82 round mags. Getting the classic "sticking". Only started at the weekend when I bought a bag of Aim top .25s. Just put some madbull .36 in the loader and everything fed perfectly. Looks like it's Excel or bust.

guarders feed fine in mine...

aims pretty ###### ammo, i honestly never use anything else other than guarders, even excels have the odd ###### bag. guarders are always spot on.

Guys hop unit, its meant to be tight. All these years of complaining of bad seals we get a tight hop unit and now the worlds ended. make sure its dry and tight on the inside of the rubber / out side of the barrel. And apply a tiny bit of silcon to the out side of the rubber so it slides easy.

elanaiba sounds like youve got a one of issue, try reinstalling the rubber. failing that get a new one, it is a perishable item.

Too many mags/You went crazy................. or you employed a small thai boy to reload your empty mags.

Burn the heretic! Anyway, I was only using 10 mags. Which.. uh... means 5 full reloads, roughly? My thumbs are going to be massive from all that speedloader action. Still, if you're holding a defensive position, you do go through a lot. Awesome fun anyway.

And to keep it on topic, there was someone with a recce there too. Looked better in person actually.

hi guys,

yesterday i shot a little bit with my sopmod. After a few rounds the M4 doesnt do anything. No noise, nothing. I disassemble the gun and after i removed the stock tube i saw that the piston is with its half out of the gearbox. (If anybody doesnt understand what i mean, the pistons jumps to 50% out of the shell.

Why did this *suitcase* happen? what can i do?

thanks

hey

a question

If i would like to take out the spring of the marui

Do I have to open the gearbox do acces the screw on the piston?

Or how can I simply pull the spring respectively the piston out of the GB after I taking out the stock-tube?