Golgo 13- Sniper Rifle/M16 !

Crimson

Finally a company that does not just produce another Armalite ;)

This one is well ................different :D , it's the siniper rifle based on the one from the anime Golgo 13, yes TM has released details picture is below:

Its a limited edition, comes with scope and aluminum case

For those of you not used to the anime its just an m16 with a custom cheek peice :(, though you got to hand it to tm, they installed a 1 peice aluminum outer barrel on this one oh and stuck on a rear bus (back up sight) :P

Pictures:

01-1.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

Source: TM website

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/01/m...go13/index.html

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh.

I really can't say more than that. I mean, the cheek rest is original (AFAIK), and the extra-high scope with serious irons make sense... but the scope looks like it's mounted on a claw-style H&K optic mount.

And, unless it's a NM AR-15/M16-base, it's hardly a sniper rifle.

Meh, not bad. replace that H&K style claw mount, swap out the chopped carrying handle style rear sight for a folding BUIS, add a tightbore inner barrel and an SP100 spring... With the new M16/M4 HOP-up that TM has offered, this just might be a good DMR. Optional bipod would be good too.

if you're going to do that you might as well get a normal M16 and save some money for those parts!

Seems to me that this is just a bit of Golgo inspired marketing. If you really wanted to make a "golgo-style" m16 it seems all you would need is a plain-jane m16 with an a2 receiver, a carry handle rail and a scope and maybe a silencer. One of the sleeker builds out there really :P

I'm an Armalite whor3 through and through....and this 'new' gun doesn't really show me anything new-

It's just an M16a3/4 with a VN 20 round mag and an aftermarket cheekpiece....Big woop.

The clawmount does prove that grafting a H&K type mount onto the Armalite looks effing stupid- but that's the only value it has.

They havn't even got it right, in the original catoon its just a bog standard outer shell of a vn but the internals are all upgraded. All you need is a nromal m16VN and put a mount scope on with a scope and bingo.

Nice of them to try and do a limited edition though even if it doesn't look that limited to me.

Wonder what snake would say of thissssssssssssssssssssss

I almost like it. I'm kinda partial to the Duke Togo custom that I grew up knowing in the 80s with the A1 handguards. One of my first projects was to emulate this gun and this is about as close as I could get to the version I liked.

6de.jpg

In the comics there actually is a strange scope mount for the upper receiver with the carrying handle chopped off. I saw a picture of a real one somewhere, but it was super rare...

[edit] Maybe it was the M16A1 Special low profile or one of the ones seen in these pics:

http://www.gun-world.net/usa/m16/m16rack3.jpg (third through fifth from the top on the right row)

http://www.gun-world.net/usa/m16/m16rack2.jpg (fourth through sixth from the top on the left row)

Anyhow, I may go for this one and install the A1 VN front set that I still have laying around since I converted the above into a Mk12 Mod 0 SPR a few years back. It's nice to see TM making a gun that brings back a little nostalgia :)

For those of you not used to the anime its just an m16 with a custom cheek peice :(, though you got to hand it to tm, they installed a 1 peice aluminum outer barrel on this one oh and stuck on a rear bus (back up sight) :P

Yeah, we have to hand it to TM for doing what anyone with one hand and a functional opposable thumb could do in less than 10 minutes. :rolleyes:

Fail, TM. Fail.

Well look on the bright side, at least it's a full-length TM M16 with a 1-piece barrel.

And it's black.

So that's kinda new.

Anyway, is that anime any good?

Not really, it does the manga no justice because they keep trying to capture the comic book style with really weird cinematography and still shots that transition from anime style to Saito's drawing style. It just comes off as odd. And the little technical details they try to work in to look unique end up being really stupid. Such as a guy firing an mp5 dying with his finger still depressing the trigger after the gun is out of ammo and it still keeps clicking like it is electric until his blood runs into it and shorts it out. Many times you are just like WTF? That's what I can say for the two anime features, the professional and queen bee. The first one, Golgo 13: The Professional is way better than Queen Bee IMHO. I thought I heard of an OAV series and I am hoping they tossed all those stupid style things from the old ones for a more fluid action oriented story line. The old NES game was my favorte version and I wished they made an anime based on that plotline. If you have a NES emulator I suggest to check it out, it was some pretty mature stuff for it's day. :)

Archived