Golgo 13- Sniper Rifle/M16 !

Crimson

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who cares about TM anymore anyway?

The only new and innovative thing I've seen out of them recently has been their prices.

They're still under powered over priced bits of plastic.

honestly they should just become a hop up manufacturer.

the only people who buy tm these days are snobs who look down on the clones as most people reaise thar the clones are normally just as good or sometimes better

Mike

Jesus *fruitcage* there's a lot of biggotry around here. In a sense it's like a lot of people who 'hate' macs for being so damn expencive yet don't realise it was mac who came beforewindows operated computers (PC's were made before IBM in the 80's yet think whatever based computer is a LOL PEEESEA). While thinkinging cheapest = bestest. But whatever. The matter of fact is TM's were the first to make the AEG based platform clones have simply copied from whatever and tried to original (And most cases failed) The matter of fact is TM's are like mac's a niche market (In this case the TM models are made for the Japanese and far more popular then your 800fps CA based TATIKAL PRATIKAL AR based chinese blaster) eitherway am sure most people are forgetting what should have been taught to them which is the basics of netiquette. 'If you haven't got anything nice to say at all don't say it'.

What a well reasoned and thought-out rebuttal.

That wasn't a rebuttal. It was a snide remark. You failed.

For those bashing TM, I'd like to point out that they still make high quality products, including many fine pistols. While I don't use them stock, their GBBs and AEGs are really well-built bases for custom work.

In a sense it's like a lot of people who 'hate' macs for being so damn expencive yet don't realise it was mac who came beforewindows operated computers

(In this case the TM models are made for the Japanese and far more popular then your 800fps CA based TATIKAL PRATIKAL AR based chinese blaster)

so by your logic, oldest = bestest? sun worship am bestest form of religion? bows and arrows are far better than guns as they came first. why buy any other car when you could buy a ford? after all they bought cars to the masses. i could go on and on here

besides, i dont hate TM for the price as i'll happily fork out for the likes of VFC, its the fact that TM offer virtually nothing over clones and other brands. macs are good at different things to PCs, wheras TMs famed reliability can often be achieved simply by dropping a weak spring in the gun. besides, many brands will last ages firing at much a better ROF and FPS.

and now to the second point. rightly so, IN JAPAN as said 800fps 1337C4NN0NZ!!1 are over japan's 0.9J power limit. TM are meant for japan and thats where they belong. back when they were the only AEG manufacturer it was understandable, but now there are other companies offering guns more suited to the rest of the world's requirements and with metal bodies etc there seems little point in buying TM.

edit: end of TM rant, sorry, just had to comment on that.

That wasn't a rebuttal. It was a snide remark. You failed.

For those bashing TM, I'd like to point out that they still make high quality products, including many fine pistols. While I don't use them stock, their GBBs and AEGs are really well-built bases for custom work.

Agreed. After more than 5 years a TM V3 or a V2 still opens up with ease. an ACM V3 can be utter### to fix.

Aftermarket is huge!! And the parts actually fit most of the time, especially when it says 'for TM only'. :)

And lets not forget they managed to develop the AEP gearbox. ;)

And as for Plague 666, the difference is enormous. But then again, you have to see it under the hood.

FPS and ROF is not important in Airsoft.

If you think otherwise, you might as well be branded as the 800FPS 10000ROF OHmY Am AwSuM shooting 30 meters far. :rolleyes:

TM kicks the *suitcase* out of all the clones out there at the minute, it has to be said.

Although clone companies are getting bigger and better at what they do, there isn't one ACM product out there which I would say the TM fans couldn't argue against.

EG;

Clone fanboys; Most products have metal bodies.

TM fanboys; Yeah, but it's cheap metal with a rubbish finish when compared to a Japanese gun. Also, recent TM releases have very nice metal bodies.

Clones; Oh, but our guns fire 8 million FPS out the box

TM; Yep, and they break a lot too, infact, some are broken out of the box. Anyone who says an ACM gun is more reliable than a TM is a liar. Also, who needs that much FPS?

On and on it will go.

What's the point of arguing on the internet? No-one will ever win. Each to his own, and all that.

Perhaps the next wave of ACM releases will be on-par with TM.

Who knows?

Ben.

current generation cyma shimming is on a par with TM in my experience. MANY clones these days are very reliable indeed and outfitted with far nice internals than TM (e.g. steel gears as opposed to pot metal in TM, 6.04mm tightbores etc). TM bodies are also made out of a cheap aluminium and zinc alloy. while 400 odd FPS is overkill in the UK a lot of people will say that TM's 280 fps is a tad low, and will then upgrade the TM. in which case they might as well have bought another gun from a different company.

i'm not a clone fanboy, i'm a TM hater. you seem to be ignoring the fact that i'm talking about the majority of high end manufacturers too, not just clones. VFC, realsword etc actually give you something special for your money, TM will give you mediocrity.

i think of TM as being a lot like Halo. halo is a perfectly competent FPS, it works but it doesnt do anything special but receives ridiculous amounts of hype from it's rabid, blind fanbase who refuse to accept that time has moved on and there are far better and more interesting games out there.

neovenom, have you ever upgraded a TM by any chance? if you have then you evidently thought 280 fps was a bit low and you could do better. and so what TM created the AEP gearbox? thats not a TM specific selling point, thats an achievement. achievements dont suddenly make their products awesome, they're still the same mediocre guns. chairman mao helped china on it's way to becoming a superpower again, but that doesnt suddenly make the famines and mass executions alright (carefully tiptoeing around godwin's law here ;))

TM give you ingenuity in the form of their products. Also, quality, and reliability.

I'm not saying all clones are horrible. I have a rather nice AKS74U by Dboys. It broke, but that's not the point. My friends' CYMA one was alright, and hasn't broken yet.

When I got into airsoft, most of the guns I saw on the skirmish field were Tokyo Maruis. I bought my first AEG, a TM M16VN, from Airsoft Dynamics.

Not much else was around. You could get a few CA's, and ICS's, but anything else you had to get from HK, as far as I was aware.

Clones have let loads more people get into airsoft, as they're cheaper. That's a great thing.

But you can't start telling people they're superior, because they're obviously not. Not yet. I think soon, they won't be sub-par as far as TM is concerned.

Once they sort out QC, and reliability, I don't think we'll be having this argument much anymore. TM is like Marmite. Some people love it; they like the Japanese quality, reliabilty, the brand reputation, and are happy with them. Some people resent paying twice a clone's price to get the same gun, even if the clone does have slight flaws. They also like to have more FPS out of the box, etc.

Horses for courses, really. I happily skirmished in woodland for a year or so with completely stock TM's when I started airsoft. No range problems whatsoever.

Ben.

Archived