Golgo 13- Sniper Rifle/M16 !

Crimson

Plague, I have been upgrading a lot of different gearboxes and not only TM's.

When I upgrade a TM to 350fps, a ACM 350fps, will be a laughing stock.

Your comments have no basis. VFC is just another company that copied the TM gearbox system.

Sure their finish is very nice, I have one BTW, had to change the piston, which ripped after less than 100 shots.

But if a TM G36c stock kan outrange an JG G36c that shoots more than 350FPS, and risks breaking down, no thank you.

Sure for a basic back up it's good value, but not if you want a good basis for a project.

And you claim that ACM are just as good if not better than TM's then you have to get your eyes checked.

Looking at the gearbox alone says enough. Most of the soldering and copperplating, if they use any, is very messy with ACM's. Steel gear, yes, but there is steel and there is steel.

My grand father used to be metalurgist, and I showed him 3 AEG gearboxes. A TM, a CA and the other was an ACM.

He told me that the metal structure of the last two was weaker, due to an imperfect production procedure.

Probably to down costs.

(broken shells V2 CA's anyone?)

Cyma's are very good, they jump out of the ACM mass a bit.

That should be said, but then again they are already cloning for a long time. ;)

You really buy based on FPS and ROF, don't you. you still seem to forget range and accuracy. :)

If ACM's would sell AEG's at 280FPS they wouldn't be able to to reach 20 meters!.

the Tightbores in ACM are most of the time incorrect. And what good is a thight bore when the hop up is a mess?

I already have had at least 5 ACM's, so far the Cyma is very good. the JG just shredded itself after 200 rounds, bad, very bad shimming.

In short, the reason I upgrade a TM is so that at 350FPS I can outrange the ACM smart asses with ease. :)

AEG's are like cars, it may look good on the outside and have a lot of power according to the manual, but if it can't corner, it's useless. ;)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your comments have no basis. VFC is just another company that copied the TM gearbox system.

Sure their finish is very nice, I have one BTW, had to change the piston, which ripped after less than 100 shots.

and they did a good job and offer something over TM's functional mediocrity. i got my AVF AKSU (1st gen) bone stock second hand and i have personally put roughly 55K rounds through it, the previous owner used it heavily as well. the gearbox has never been opened and there has not been a single failure.

please stop with the generalisations. just because something is not TM it does NOT mean it will instantly break. just because something is TM it does NOT mean it will work until the end of time. my friend's stock TM M14 socom failed before a cyma M14 which is still going strong in stock form.

TM are mortal like everything else, no gun is guaranteed indestructible.

and they did a good job and offer something over TM's functional mediocrity. i got my AVF AKSU (1st gen) bone stock second hand and i have personally put roughly 55K rounds through it, the previous owner used it heavily as well. the gearbox has never been opened and there has not been a single failure.

please stop with the generalisations. just because something is not TM it does NOT mean it will instantly break. just because something is TM it does NOT mean it will work until the end of time. my friend's stock TM M14 socom failed before a cyma M14 which is still going strong in stock form.

TM are mortal like everything else, no gun is guaranteed indestructible.

Where is the generalisation? You speak of TM being mediocre, now there is a generalisation. :)

Where is the generalisation? You speak of TM being mediocre, now there is a generalisation. :)

you're saying that all clones break the moment you pull the trigger (well, kinda made an exception for cyma, but there are far more exceptions out there)

and the only TMs that are at all special are their latest blowback guns with recoil engines. they are quite innovative pieces of work, nothing else does anything to set itself apart from the crowd. once again, like my opinion of halo, it does what it does competently but there are similar things out there which offer the buyer so much more.

anyway, lets stop derailing the topic. you love TM, i hate TM, we're never likely to agree. if you have anything else to add, drop me a PM ;)

Brand loyalty scares me.

Yeah a lot of the clones suck but a lot of them don't and they come out of the box ready to skirmish. Does anyone remember the the TM Sig series of rifles please explain what happened with that if TM is the be all end all and lets not get in to the TM Armalites or G3's with creaky plastic body's prone to break if treated roughly. Look at this from a practical stand point you buy a clone pull it out of the box and throw a mag and battery in then hit the field but with TM you have to purchase a laundry list of upgrade parts to make it hold a candle to a lot of clones. I don't know about other areas but where I play airsoft 90% of players use clones so I think that says something.

Humm, maybe as clones are cheaper and can be bought anywhere or you play with a bunch of cheapskates or those who are deluded into thinking FPS and ROF makes all the difference?

As my TM P90, stock at 280fps goes further than every 350fps clone i have seen then i am quite happy to stay with it and it only experienced a single lock up in around 30,000 shots and twelve skirmishes, i twiddle with the fire selector and fire some auto bursts and lo and behold it is working again.

Now can we stop bashing TM as if it was not for them then there would be no gearboxes, clones, the modern AEG and there quite fantastic GBB's. Maybe you are forgetting that TM's are manufacured in a country that employs a strict 0.98J limit and has good quality control.

I am not loyal to TM because everyone else is (or was) i am loyal because time after time they have been perfect, not even my P90 hi-caps gave me problems so im happy to stick with them.

Now can we please get back to discussing just how worthless this rifle is and leave the TM bashing for another thread.

'FireKnife'

It's funny how TM gets it wrong when they were/are actually sponsering the anime series.(not the movie made back in 1983. The new TV series started in 2008)

From original manga, it was M16A1/A2 + 20round magazine and scope fixed on carryhandle. Not this funky H&K scope mount fixed on rail top receiver.

Archived