Modern Ranger Loadout

Silas5150

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on my 'budget' ranger loadout... The budget part of it is disappearing very fast. I feel sorry for you guys that buy all real RLCS stuff. I am using pantac and I am already blown my budget.

Head:

Mich 2000-In hand

One hole norotos-Ordered

Goggle straps-Ordered

velcro-In hand

Rig:

RRV-Still looking

Back pannel-Still looking

Canteen-Ordered

2x frag-Ordered

3 cell m4-Ordered

mbitr-Ordered

GP/IFAK-Ordered

Hydro or MAP-Cant decide

Admin or signal pouch-Leaning toward the signal pouch

Others:

PCU's-In hand

ACU's-In hand

Gun and stuff-In hand

Boots-?

Gloves-?

PACA-Ordered

Belt-?

Knee pads-Brigade Quartermaster

Petzl head lamp-REI

What am I missing? And I need help on what boots and gloves. I am also leaning towards the hydro instead of the map. Need some advice on tying up the lose ends. Also just a black riggers belt with like a multi tool on it?

Welcome to my nightmare.

It all looks fine on paper and stuff, but till you've got your rig photographed and looked at I can't tell you much of what you're missing. 99 percent of a ranger rig is in the details, not the broad strokes.

I talked to the pantac guy via email and he said they will be swapping the black buckles for tan ones. I'm not sure when however, but keep on the lookout for that. Also they are making the backpanel in RG as well.

Hope I could help. I have been watching the RG market and putting together a Ranger impression for many months now. I don't have a huge budget, nor am I looking to replicate exactly, just getting the basic rig. Over time, I will probably swap out the Pantac for real stuff and make it more air-tight but until then, it will only be Ranger inspired.

I talked to the pantac guy via email and he said they will be swapping the black buckles for tan ones. I'm not sure when however, but keep on the lookout for that. Also they are making the backpanel in RG as well.

Hope I could help. I have been watching the RG market and putting together a Ranger impression for many months now. I don't have a huge budget, nor am I looking to replicate exactly, just getting the basic rig. Over time, I will probably swap out the Pantac for real stuff and make it more air-tight but until then, it will only be Ranger inspired.

Both of those were big issues. Thanks, I was about to email pantac about them. I know the pouches I ordered were advertised with the tan buckles. I am waiting for the RRV to be changed out and the back pannel to be released.

Ok well just need to know what to buy for a belt, boots, and gloves.

Theres a RLCS signal pouch on ebay, I am going to get it - 110332479371. I guess I am going to just buy a black riggers belt. Would any khaki boots work?

Any issued boot would work, Oakleys or anything D0LCE has listed. Not everyone wears gloves.

Head:

Mich 2000-In hand

One hole norotos-Ordered

Goggle straps-Ordered

velcro-In hand

Rig:

RRV-Still looking

Back pannel-Still looking

Canteen-Ordered

2x frag-Ordered

3 cell m4-Ordered

mbitr-Ordered

GP/IFAK-Ordered

Hydro-Still looking

Signal pouch-Still looking

Others:

PCU's-In hand

ACU's-In hand

Gun and stuff-In hand

Altama Boots-Surplus store

Ironclad Wrenchworx gloves-Ordered

PACA-Ordered

Black riggers belt-Ordered

Knee pads-Brigade Quartermaster

Petzl head lamp-REI

Almost there, just need a few more little things and USPS and UPS to get it all here.

land version or maritime?

EDIT: I've searched some replica RRV from pantac and real RRV from eagle ind, but all of them only got front plate (Some RRV in this thread has got front and back plate) so if there's this back plate where can I find it?

I've seen a lot of US SF/SEAL pics of the CIRAS-Maritime. But the land version is used too. Go with the maritime.

EI rear RRV back plate replacement looks like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Eagle-Industries-RRV-R...%3A1%7C294%3A30

Pantac makes some in different colors, looks like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pantac-MOLLE-RRV-Vest-...%3A1%7C294%3A50

You may need these straps to attach a replica front RRV to said backplate:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eagle-Industries-RRV-R...%3A1%7C294%3A30

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eagle-Industries-MBSS-...%3A1%7C294%3A30

I've seen a lot of US SF/SEAL pics of the CIRAS-Maritime. But the land version is used too. Go with the maritime.

Dude, what SEALs and US SF wear has nothing to do with Rangers. I'm pretty sure D0LCE said a while back that he used to use a Land CIRAS until he was told not to anymore. I'm not saying they don't use MarCIRAS, but you've got a good source of info here. Listen to what he has to say.

BTW you might want to pick up an RBAV instead of that CIRAS

Archived