Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question..the RIS on a standard CA CQBR, how can I go about reducing the wobble and play on the RIS itself, or make it more sturdy with little to no play at all? Is it a simple tightening of the top nut located on the top part of the RIS?

The solution is very simple, just add electrical tape to the bottom have of the RIS rail, around where the castle nut will make contact and on the edges of the silver heat guard. If you tighten the nut on the tip of the RIS, it will help, but not as much as adding electrical tape. I will take some pics for you if you are interested. Also, thanks to Chris for the tip :D

Cheers,

Romel

I finally lost it and re-painted my tan and black M4 over Christmas. CQD sling is new. I need to get a Daniel Defense M4 RIS 2 to finish this Block 2 SOPMOD M4 project. No replica dark eart EOTech 553's so I think I'll just get a replica one in black and paint it tan.

DEM4_1.jpg

DEM4_2.jpg

DEM4_3.jpg

DEM4_4.jpg

Edited by Hispeed1

Random tidbit. My ACM DD RIS 2 just arrived. After my second order comes in, I'll get some pictures.

My first impressions...quality looks superb. Trademarks are very nicely done, as well as the finish. (Only one minor blemish spotted so far.)

-Vic

Edited by Victory
Random tidbit. My ACM DD RIS 2 just arrived. After my second order comes in, I'll get some pictures.

My first impressions...quality looks superb. Trademarks are very nicely done, as well as the finish. (Only one minor blemish spotted so far.)

-Vic

What rifle are you fitting it too mate? Is it the black one or dark earth?

Dark Earth

Installing it on a Guarder MBK, of which it fits flawlessly. (The barrel nut does, anyway.)

-Vic

Thanks Vic. So you're happy with the 'Dark Earth' colour? I know sometimes the ACM stuff can be a bit dodgy when it comes to the paint schemes.

It's a bit darker when compared to Proud's SIR in Dark Earth (of which uscmCorps said was really close to EOTech's FDE coloring), but yes, I am happy with it. It's no where near the gold-ish coloring of other ACM FDE parts/accessories.

In a bit, I'll take a couple pictures of the unit outside, in natural light, next to Proud's SIR.

-Vic

It's a bit darker when compared to Proud's SIR in Dark Earth (of which uscmCorps said was really close to EOTech's FDE coloring), but yes, I am happy with it. It's no where near the gold-ish coloring of other ACM FDE parts/accessories.

In a bit, I'll take a couple pictures of the unit outside, in natural light, next to Proud's SIR.

-Vic

Good man.

Thanks for the help Vic, I'm looking at one of these too but for a WE M4. It's not really been confirmed if it'll fit though.

You caught me bro!

I'm quite excited about the WE M4 despite it's faults plus with the details on new SOPMOD Block 2 kit available I've spent the entire night picking out all the accessories that I'd like to add to it. Does anyone want to buy a mint CA CQB-R? :P