Armalite Picture Thread

It appears to be a retaining tab (or sumding liek dat) that helps to hold the RIS in place. Not sure though. (I didn't take-down my RIS to that extent.)

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the fuse, though. (Then again, the CA I had was rear-wired, so I didn't have the fuse in the handguard, anyway.)

Anyway, the M468. Updated progress pictures. I set out to create a unique 'Armalite'. I think I did.

M468-LE-ADERwithEGLM2.jpg

M468-LE-ADERwithEGLM.jpg

Sorry about the orange. It's been too cold out to paint.

Waiting on: Magpul PTS MIAD in FDE

Still need: BUIS (ARMS or Troy), EGLM Magwell Trigger Pack, 1 Piece Outer Barrel (M733 w/Extensions)

Still want: PEQ-15, M3 in Tan, & Other Goodies (New sling and rear mount, perhaps.)

-Vic

Edited by Victory
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, not sure if i like that tiny redpoint on it though. I think a rifle of that size should have a bigger scope, like an Acog or Elcan. But on the other hand, that has been done before, Alot.

/Lajjvo

I need help with one item to finish my M4.

I put my old CA PEQ box on it, found it blocks the front sight. I know the real one doesnt do this, so what PEQ box is closest to the real one? G&P like I am thinking?

Keep in mind this is a battery box, not the light/laser combo.

Sorry if this is abit of a stupid question, but I'm short on money and want to finish my M4 so I can go onto my next project.

Thanks,

-Sarge

G&P makes a 1:1 functional PEQ, you wouldnt want that since you want a battery box...so go for the VFC. VFC is 1:1 as well, but its a battery box.

EDIT

here it is: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...PEQ201_srch_VFC

Edited by 0nslaught

Laxplayer19x93 i believe the part your talking about is a peice of sprung steel that if held in the underside of the front part of the upper RIS unit when putting you upper receiver/barrel assembely back together this sprung peice should fit on the underside of the front handguard cap (the dound disc found at the rear or your front site post assembely)

i am 99% sure that this has nothing to go with the electronics of the weapon as Victory has already stated.

I hope this helps and apologies if someone with more knowledge corrects me but i am sure it is the part i am thinking of.

By the way nice 468 Victory, where did you get the VFC conversion kit from and how solid to you find it?

^ Yep, I believe you're spot on concerning the piece.

VFC conversion kit...I've had this thing forever. Bought it from UnCompany quite some time ago, 2 years ago, I think it was.

I then sold it to "twonuts" then bought it back, lol.

The barrel retaining grub screws in the back sometimes come loose, allowing the barrel to wobble. This is why I want to get a true 1 piece M733 outer barrel, which should solve the wobble issue completely. (I'll pick up a set of extensions, too, so I can make it proper M468-LE length.)

-Vic

while i'm waiting for the PTW tight bores I have been messing about with my WE M4

wem4a.jpg

Nice setup mate. Not being funny here but can you reach the pressure switch on the light? I can see it working if you hold the rifle by the mag well but I can't see how it would work whilst holding the foregrip.

Edited by christhesecond

Guys I need help, I saw a few times where people put paracord around there full stocks (right next to body) and made a loop for a a sling to clip too.

Could you tell me how to do that?

Also my g&p one point metal clamp broke, but I would like to still use the sling just "ghetto" something up, whats your opinions? I was thinking paracording a rock climbing clip thing onto the 1 point and then making that paracord loop on the stock and doing it that way.

Opinions? Please respond I know I never get much help when posting in a pic thread.

Victory i am guessing that the outer barrell is the same diamiter as a standard 5.56mm outer?

been trying to track one of those kits down for ages with no luck. looks sweet though mate.

Yep, same diameter.

I've seen one or two M468s with the PRI flip-up frontal BUIS, so I'd go with one of those. I'm pretty sure they were used on the prototype of the M468 as well.

-Vic

Victory i am guessing that the outer barrell is the same diamiter as a standard 5.56mm outer?

been trying to track one of those kits down for ages with no luck. looks sweet though mate.

Yep, same diameter.

I've seen one or two M468s with the PRI flip-up frontal BUIS, so I'd go with one of those. I'm pretty sure they were used on the prototype of the M468 as well.

-Vic

[shameless plug] I has full UNcustom M468 for sale....PM me. [/shameless plug]

Vic, the M468 is sure a stand out of the crowd. When is she going oversea for a bit a "Neo-Classic" goodness?

Opinions? Please respond I know I never get much help when posting in a pic thread.

How could that be...

Could you tell me how to do that?

Twist it a few times around the stock and tie a knot in it...

Comments please guys.

That's so ridiculous, it's awesome.  :P  

Victory, the grenade launcher that's in the picture with your m468 (Great looking rifle btw), how useful is it? To be more specific, how does it perform? Would you say it's worth buying it a stand alone unit? I'm thinking of purchasing one if I get some extra money this month. 

Hey, I was wondering if you guys could help me with something. I took apart my Armalite RIS, and I have need some help putting it back together. I have a CA M15a4, and if anyone can tell me what part #M16047 is, and what it does it would really help me. I think it holds the fuse in place, but I just want confirmation on this before I put it back together to make sure nothing is wrong with it. Thanks a bunch.

That part is what the hex screw pushes down against to anchor the upper part of the RIS in place. The delta ring should hold it down enough, but it will probably be alot more loose than normal without it.

That's so ridiculous, it's awesome.  :P  

Victory, the grenade launcher that's in the picture with your m468 (Great looking rifle btw), how useful is it? To be more specific, how does it perform? Would you say it's worth buying it a stand alone unit? I'm thinking of purchasing one if I get some extra money this month. 

Thanks. :)

For $200, the Stand-Alone EGLM is well worth it.

I'm currently working with ARES in making the -L and -H trigger packs available separately as well.

-Vic

Thanks. :)

I'm currently working with ARES in making the -L and -H trigger packs available separately as well.

-Vic

Vic, for those of us with an L or H version would you also discuss making the stand alone module and trigger pack available? I want to use this on some bullpups I have but I need the other trigger pack.

Pradal I like the BUS

Edited by frogfish
Vic, for those of us with an L or H version would you also discuss making the stand alone module and trigger pack available? I want to use this on some bullpups I have but I need the other trigger pack.

Yep, working on that, too. (Forgot to mention it with the others.)

-Vic

EGLM Trigger Pack Poll:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...160100&st=0

Edited by Victory