Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corps.

The replica AP is mounted in a real ADM mount. The first rifle is my buddies gun that i built for him. I would say that like any other aimpoint replica its functional but not to the same level of the real thing. I wont use replica optics on my real guns nor will i use them on my airsoft rifles. They're too important of a tool to skimp on as far as im concerned. For all intents and purposes though, the replicas work.

Both guns are set up with mosfets featuring three round burst. The First rifle is actually stupidly quiet with that suppressor on there, its really quite interesting.

On top of all of that, originally my design intent was to slap two CTR's onto the guns but unfortunately, wiring the guns with fets AND batteries became a bit of an ordeal that i didnt want to deal with. The stubby style stocks actually work out really well from a functional standpoint although aesthetically they leave alot to be desired.

Thanks guys.

Very nice IAR Victory, what gas bloc do you use on this one?

I have a H&K gas piston gas block on the way that I'll modify slightly. (It should fit under the rail system.)

Victory, where does the battery go on this beastie?

Battery? Battery?!

If I keep it, it'll be converted to gas blow back. :D

-Vic

Edited by Victory
I have a H&K gas piston gas block on the way that I'll modify slightly. (It should fit under the rail system.)

Wrong-O! It won't fit without serious modification, and I don't want to risk fudging it up.

So, I'll need to order a lower profile gas block...

-Vic

Wrong-O! It won't fit without serious modification, and I don't want to risk fudging it up.

So, I'll need to order a lower profile gas block...

-Vic

Indeed—one of the issues I had with my DD Lite rail was that nothing but DD's own gas block would fit beneath it. And it is sixty bucks, and there were no airsoft copies.

Edited by Render

Decided to whoreout my M4s by installing a gas piston. The problem is trying to fit it with the Type 3 gas blocks that I have...

DSC00789.jpg

btw if you're going to buy any of the gas blocks I suggest getting the Matrix versions from Evike.com, they sell for half the cost of DYTAC and King Arms at $40.

Edited by Roecar
Decided to whoreout my M4s by installing a gas piston. The problem is trying to fit it with the Type 3 gas blocks that I have...

SNIP

btw if you're going to buy any of the gas blocks I suggest getting the Matrix versions from Evike.com, they sell for half the cost of DYTAC and King Arms at $40.

The only way I've figured out how to do it, without modification, is with this setup:

gaspiston.jpg

It's not true to the H&K design, as it lacks that one larger chrome piece, but I've seen other gas pistons that look similar to the one in my picture.

-Vic

Edit: By the way, yes, this setup will also work with lower profile gas blocks. There will be a slight slope in the gas piston, though.

Edited by Victory