Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure its the newer Redi-Mag system.

-Vic

It's called the "REDI-MOD". For anyone interested in it, keep in mind that AEG mags are shorter (at the top) and thicker overall compared to RS AR mags. As such, you may encounter problems such as: (1) AEG mag being too thick, and (2) you can see the top of the AEG mag through the open sides of the REDI-MOD. May not end up being a problem at all... it's just kinda of expensive to find out.

It's called the "REDI-MOD". For anyone interested in it, keep in mind that AEG mags are shorter (at the top) and thicker overall compared to RS AR mags. As such, you may encounter problems such as: (1) AEG mag being too thick, and (2) you can see the top of the AEG mag through the open sides of the REDI-MOD. May not end up being a problem at all... it's just kinda of expensive to find out.

Looks just like a Ready-Mag system but hollow - does it have a different functioning method?

Random question but: Pradal-Serey, could you take a pic with one of your DD M4's with the silencer on? I'm building something very similar, just need to know how it looks overall.

Random question but: Pradal-Serey, could you take a pic with one of your DD M4's with the silencer on? I'm building something very similar, just need to know how it looks overall.

Sorry mate, that gun is dissasembled for now :( waiting for its new DD hanguard (I've ordered the grade A version they sent me a grade D or worse with greyish finish :angry: ) If you can wait for a couple of week, I'd be glad to do those pics ;) . By the way, I plan to swap the CTR for a UBR, black still, and i bought a fake gas piston block. (50bucks for something hidden in the hadguard, hope It worth it)

Well I'm just using a G&P Low-Pro gas block with a DBoys gas rod - fine for me :P.

You don't happen to have an ACOG to fit on the receiver do you? I need to figure out how far forward an ACOG would be if I also put a MBUS on there (awaiting a rear to come in).

Where'd you get a UBR?!?! Is there any way to fit a battery source in there? If there is I'm definitely getting one.

From what I understand the Redi-Mod is just a lighter weight solution to the typical redi-mag. I've been ogling the redi-mod for awhile now, but simply cannot justify the cost for something that might not even work for AEG magazines.

I know I'll garner sneers for saying this, but I'd like someone to "clone" it. Either an mainstream company or someone in China.

edit: Tangentially, it would be pretty simple to dremel(?) / cut down a redi-mag to reduce the extra weight.

Edited by Gigueand

DD Mk18 RIS II M4 with, oddly, PS90 outer barrel.

IMG_9789.jpg

IMG_9790.jpg

For some reason, it looks kinda good.

EMBOOS :D

IMG_9791.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

Need opinions though. For my 10.5" outer should I add:

Noveske KX3

POF FH

Gemtech Silencer

14.5" Outer w/ Phantom FH

PS90 Outer Barrel

Arrgh, so many decisions! HELP! :D

From what I understand the Redi-Mod is just a lighter weight solution to the typical redi-mag. I've been ogling the redi-mod for awhile now, but simply cannot justify the cost for something that might not even work for AEG magazines.

I know I'll garner sneers for saying this, but I'd like someone to "clone" it. Either an mainstream company or someone in China.

edit: Tangentially, it would be pretty simple to dremel(?) / cut down a redi-mag to reduce the extra weight.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can dremel a regular AEG Redi-mag to get the same effect. Anyone with an AEG Redi-mag, when a magazine is inserted, does it extend to the top of the Redi-mag? What stops the magazine from pushing up past the magazine catch?

G&P Redi-mags are relatively inexpensive:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...Magazine%20Clip

It extends to the top. I had the Classic Army version and it was pretty much flush with the inserted magazine that was in the gun. There was little play, but basically extending to the top.

Note: This was done using the AMP 450rd hi-caps that are bigger and more RS sized. Not sure if they same would be with something like a CA or Marui mag or any other that is much smaller compred to a standard real AR mag.

Edited by pforcerecon
Note: This was done using the AMP 450rd hi-caps that are bigger and more RS sized. Not sure if they same would be with something like a CA or Marui mag or any other that is much smaller compred to a standard real AR mag.

So long as the mag is a standard AEG mag, it doesn't matter how much longer they are. above the mag catch hole, they're all the same length which means they're subject to the same amount of up/down movement within the redi-mag. Thanks for the info.

Im a little confused as to why you people seem so interested in redimags all of a sudden?

They are hardly useful for airsoft purposes since we have to retain our magazines during a reload.

The redimag shines with firearms because it allows the user to have a fresh source literally an inch away from their magwell.

The manual of arms for an airsoft gun is slightly different from the real thing and either way your reaction hand is going to have to go to the dump pouch at some point, redimag or not.

I just think its funny that redimags have been around for YEARS but very few people had any interest in them. Travis starts rocking the redimag, slaying costas beard and all of a sudden its the new rage.

What ever happened to function over form?

Oops, airsoft, nevermind. :D

Im a little confused as to why you people seem so interested in redimags all of a sudden?

They are hardly useful for airsoft purposes since we have to retain our magazines during a reload.

The redimag shines with firearms because it allows the user to have a fresh source literally an inch away from their magwell.

The manual of arms for an airsoft gun is slightly different from the real thing and either way your reaction hand is going to have to go to the dump pouch at some point, redimag or not.

I just think its funny that redimags have been around for YEARS but very few people had any interest in them. Travis starts rocking the redimag, slaying costas beard and all of a sudden its the new rage.

I personally think redimags are ugly and not all that practical for AS use seeing as many of us carry around mags with 100+ rounds

I was always taught that when using a redi-mag you grasp both the used mag and the "readied" mag, eject the used magazine while holding onto it and unslot the "readied" mag from the redimag system simultaneously, move your hand slightly to the right and insert the "readied" magazine into the weapon. In this situation the used magazine is never dropped, but kept on hand until after the reload is complete. Once the weapon is ready to be fired and the used magazine is then dumped.

I never had a problem with reloading as such with my old redi-mag system. I found that it was faster than fishing a magazine from a pouch. The drawback was the weight of the system.

edit: travis? costas beard? I'm not in the know... :no:

Edited by Gigueand

Need a place to put my battery. Wires don't fit through URX, so no PEQ for me :(