Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come youe after a new stock? I've found the Vltor ones to be some of the comfortablest stocks out there for airsoft.

What front sight is on Chris Costa's gun, seen here? He's the top one.

Thanks!

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-555_cat_Sights

Hi fellow Armalite owners!

I am new to the sport, and just purchased my first AEG, a KWA M4 carbine. I am pleased with this gun, but I want to start upgrading it (externally) now. I saw Chris Costa's 11.5in carbine and fell in love with it. Now, I want to recreate it, like uscmCorps has done, but I realize that I don't have the correct base gun (I have an M4, I need an SR16). Is there any way I can recreate his carbine without having to buy a new gun/front set/etc? Is this my only option? I have a loose parts list, and all help is appreciated!

List:

MagPul FDE CTR stock

G&P Knight's type flashhider

Vanaras FDE PEQ-15

MagPul enhanced trigger guard

EBB KAC style flip up rear sight

G&P Knight's type flip up front sight

UTG R.I.S. system

King Arms tan rail covers

Rico FDE tactical lighted foregrip (can't afford a Surefire)

G&P aimpoint

Tan aimpoint cover

Cantilever mount

How close will that be to Costa's rifle?

Thanks alot!

EDIT: Costa and his gun can be seen here, he is the top one.

Edited by Rambo Kid

if you have the money, i would go for the URX because that is the most accurate way to do it; that being said, there are plenty of other RIS systems that would look fine, they just wouldn't be accurate. For instance, an MRF, or a DD rail

Edit: your also gonna need a FDE pmag and miad. I can't tell from the pic but he may also have an ambi selector on there; i think king arms made a dummy one but thats not really neccesary. Also, you best bet is to just ask uscmCorps for his build list because i'm pretty sure his is spot on ;)

Edited by -=OGGY=-
Hi fellow Armalite owners!

I am new to the sport, and just purchased my first AEG, a KWA M4 carbine. I am pleased with this gun, but I want to start upgrading it (externally) now. I saw Chris Costa's 11.5in carbine and fell in love with it. Now, I want to recreate it, like uscmCorps has done, but I realize that I don't have the correct base gun (I have an M4, I need an SR16). Is there any way I can recreate his carbine without having to buy a new gun/front set/etc? Is this my only option? I have a loose parts list, and all help is appreciated!

List:

MagPul FDE CTR stock

G&P Knight's type flashhider

Vanaras FDE PEQ-15

G&P Knight's type flip up front sight

UTG R.I.S. system

Rico FDE tactical lighted foregrip (can't afford a Surefire)

G&P aimpoint

Tan aimpoint cover

Cantilever mount

How close will that be to Costa's rifle?

Thanks alot!

EDIT: Costa and his gun can be seen here, he is the top one.

From a distance, it'll look pretty close, although you'd probably be better off with (as others have said) a MRF rail, as it looks pretty close to a URX when there are rail covers on it. Also, is your KWA a 14.5 or a 11.5? If it's a 14.5, it's almost worth it just to buy the URX because buying the barrel, flashhider, UTG ras, and gas block seperatley is almost as much as just buying a URX. Besides, URX's are pretty and usually unique.... Albeit they are becoming more common now :(

Here is uscmCorp's part list snipped from the KAC picture thread. Most of the RS items have much cheaper (although not as nice) airsoft counterparts that would work just as well for your build.

Parts list:

* VFC SR16E3-URX (upgraded)

* Vanaras PEQ-15 in FDE

* RS KAC Reflex Extension Mount

* RS Aimpoint COMP M3 (4 MOA), with Aimpoint Tan Cover and Killflash

* RS Surefire Tan M900 with FM13 IR Beamcover

* RS KAC Taupe Rail Covers

* RS KAC 200-600M BUIS

* RS Magpul CTR (FDE / MilSpec)

* Magpul PTS PMAG mid-cap in FDE with RS Magpul PMAG Ranger Plate and EMGs

Would this be 100% accurate? Minus the ambi controls.

G&P SR16 URX front set

MagPul FDE CTR stock

Vanaras FDE PEQ-15

Rico FDE tactical lighted foregrip

G&P aimpoint

Tan aimpoint cover

Cantilever mount

MagPul FDE pmag with FDE pmag ranger pull

Sorry, been recovering from yesterdays OP. It was pretty intense.

Here's a list of items that can be bought without having to buy any RS parts to make a relatively accurate Chris Costa SR16 replica:

* M4 of your choice

* Magpul PTS CTR in FDE

* Magpul PTS MIAD in FDE

* Magpul PTS PMAG in FDE

* Magpul PTS PMAG Ranger Plate in FDE or Black

* Magpul PTS XT Rail covers x 2 in FDE or Replica KAC Rail Panels x 2 in Tan (KAC refers to the color as "Taupe" some replica manufacturers refer to it as FDE or Tan)

* Vanaras or VFC PEQ-15 in FDE

* Star Airsoft Replica KAC 600M Rear Back-up Sight

* King Arms Right Side Non-functional Selector

* VFC KAC Style Trigger Guard

* G&P 2005 KAC Flashhider

* G&P Short URX set

* Aimpoint Replica with KAC style Cantilever Mount

* Rubber Cover in tan for the Aimpoint

* M900 Surefire Replica in Tan <-- This I have no idea where to get a replica of. Ebaybanned.com used to have tan replicas but they're seemed to have pulled all their surefire replicas from their website.

* Replica KAC Body Kit

* KAC Style Sling Mount <-- He actually uses a Magpul ASP Sling Mount, but the PTS version is not out yet

* Replica CQD Front Mount

That's about it. Very often there are multiple options for replicas from different manufacturers. This is simply a list of replica items that I could find that more or less fit the bill. I choose real steel parts because I often find that when I buy replica parts they're often not as hardy as the real stuff, the quality is generally higher on the real stuff, and I'm in a financial position to buy them (which wasn't always the case over the years). That said, while that's my preference, I never judge anyone else for going the replica route. So if you want to go for a certain aesthetic on the cheap, then do it! Truth is, if you built a Chris Costa style rifle out of all replica parts and put it side by side next to mine, you'd be hard pressed to tell which is using RS parts and which is 100% replica! It's all about personal enjoyment and so long as you're happy with what you got, that's really all that matters. ;)

It should be noted that mine isn't 100% accurate. If I really wanted mine to be identical, I should have gone with a SR16 rather than the SR16E3 URX that I bought, but I wanted full functional ambi controls so I decided to go with the latter. A couple of people have mentioned that Costa doesn't use KAC Taupe Rail Panels and that he only uses Magpul XT Panels. However if you watch both the first and second DVD, you'll notice that on the first DVD during the demo scenes he uses the KAC panels, and throughout the second DVD his gun has the KAC panels. I chose what I personally prefer as I find the XT panels to be a bit thick and I prefer KAC rail panels or the new Tango Down SCAR panels. Also, he uses a CQD Front Sling mount, and Magpul ASP Rear Sling Mount. At the time, I couldn't find my CQD front mount, and I only just received my Magpul ASP mount and Magpul 1 and 2 Point Sling.

Hope that helps! :)

Edit: BTW, if you look at my album/gallery here on Arnie's, I've started doing parts list for some of my guns in the picture description. You can take a look at a picture and you might find your answer there. ;)

Edited by uscmCorps
Whats the difference between the SR16 and the SR16E3 URX?

The SR16E3 URX has a different body and features that go with it. It has ambi controls that work (selector, bolt release, mag release, sling mount). The regular SR16 doesn't have those (except for an ambi sling mount).