Armalite Picture Thread

Has anyone ever thought of doing a setup like this:

Now I know for sure parts list would include: Noveske 10.5 barrel, Krink flashider, Aimpoint in a Larue Mount, Aimpoint 3x magnifier in a twist mount, Crane stock, Larue Rail..I believe a 9.0, Surefire M900, Troy folding sights both front and back, and what appears to be a regular possible colt AR rifle. Another setup that I've seen from an issue of SWAT shows Laplume with the same setup, unpainted, but with an AN/PEQ in a Larue QD mount, a Surefire M1 infrared illuminator with SF Xm07 tailcap assembly.

I've like this setup for quite sometime and have always wanted to do it but never got around. Anyone ever attempted it?

I remember when Noveske first came out with those 1st gen rifles and I was crazy to build some set-up like that. Couldn't afford a LaRue 9" rail so I cut a replica Knights mid-length RAS to look like it. The AEG is long gone. The older KFH was on another gun. I hope my old pics inspire you:

Noveske 1st Gen. N4 CQB:

N1.jpg

A1.jpg

P1.jpg

Diplomat:

G1.jpg

1st Gen. Leonidas-type:

N3.jpg

*Will update pics of M4 projects soon...

Edited by Hispeed1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us have it :D

No, it's mine. :P

Looking good renegade. Very nice paint job.

Thanks, I was going for the "used and abused" look, but didn't want to wear it artificially. Took some time to get it to this point. Although I think it's pretty much good now. ;)

I like Tom's gun...and I prefer it with short mags. Looks more aggressive and purposeful.

TBH, most of these guns are like sticklebrick to me. Same stuff, just in different places. Toms gun really is something unique.

Get rid of all these generic US SPEC OPS go fasta stripes things and make some REALLY unique guns!!!

I'm pretty sure he meant the parts list you offered...

Oh! I thought maybe he thought it was broken after I fell on it or something, and wanted it for parts.

Parts list for my M4A1

Externals

Hurricane M4A1 Metal Colt Body

CA M4 RIS front end

CA M4 Stock (Sprayed Tan)

CA M4 Pistol grip (Sprayed Tan)

Dboys LMT leaf sight

VFC PEQ-2

A&K Vert Grip (Sprayed Tan)

FDE Magpul ladder rail protectors

My new rifle. Mostly G&P parts. VFC PEQ-15 for battery. 400FPS.

G&P Colt M4 Metal Body

G&P CQB/R Front

G&P QD Silencer w/ Flash Hider

G&P M4 Red-Dot Sight

G&P M16 Grip

G&P LE 6-Position Stock

G&P One Point Bungee Sling (not pictured) w/ Sling Adapter

G&P Raider Vertical Grip

KAC Rail Covers

VFC FDE PEQ-15 Battery Box (11.1v Li-Ion)

Edited by shadownova
I like Tom's gun...and I prefer it with short mags. Looks more aggressive and purposeful.

TBH, most of these guns are like sticklebrick to me. Same stuff, just in different places. Toms gun really is something unique.

Get rid of all these generic US SPEC OPS go fasta stripes things and make some REALLY unique guns!!!

Thanks.

I prefer the version with the short mags too. It giveit a little FN (FAL or FNC) style more than a standard M4 style.

I suggest everybody to go to the picture thread of the AR15.com forum (real steel forum) to see some nice configurations. It's very interresting.

The coloring on the VFC PEQ-15 is pretty good. Probably better than the Vanaras offering.

Yeah, but the material is a little bit too reflective for me. I remember the real PEQ-15 having a flatter color. But it serves its purpose. I am sure future use will scuff and dirty it up and it'll look better.

Unfortuantly not as original as it was when I first started thinking about doing it;

carbine.jpg

Dboys (so said the vendor) replica ARMS 41-B front sight.

G&P Aimpoint on a G&P Wilcox mount.

Star rear sight (replica ARMS 40-L sight), since broke but was previously damaged, replacement on order.

Magpul stock tube and MOE Stock.

Magpul MIAD grips.

Magpul MOE handguards.

Magpul rear sling adapter.

Dboys body.

King arms 14.5 inch length M4 outer barrel with G&P barrel nut.

Dboys 7mm gearbox (needs FPS lowering, shooting a bit high at the mo).

I believe it's a 6.02 prom barrel (came from another carbine that I bought) and king arms hopup mech.

Probably will put a king arms receiver set and a G&P crane stock on it in the future, oh, and some PMAGs (OD, ofc).