Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please give me a link to a cheap freefloating RIS on Redwolf thanks!

Its suppose to fit an M4 barrel length

EDIT: Nevermind I Fell in love with the CASV rail .P

Edited by Robinio
what's the benefit of having an MRE vs a continuous rail?

If i had to venture to guess

You get to keep the normal front sight/gasblock and mount important illum stuff in front of it so it doesnt cast a shadow.

And it looks epic

One question how do I fit the CASV system on the gun? (I don't have it I was just wondering)

Robinio,

The CASV attaches at two points. First, the top section latches onto the delta ring assembly much like the standard hand-guards do. Second, the long top rail portion of it attaches to the picatinny rail on the top of your gun's receiver. Once that is all attached, the bottom section of the CASV swings up and locks into place with the top part.

Here is an installation guide from VLTOR.

Edited by Gigueand
Robinio,

The CASV attaches at two points. First, the top section latches onto the delta ring assembly much like the standard hand-guards do. Second, the long top rail portion of it attaches to the picatinny rail on the top of your gun's receiver. Once that is all attached, the bottom section of the CASV swings up and locks into place with the top part.

Here is an installation guide from VLTOR.

Thanks, is it enough space to fit a 1400 mah 8.4v small type battery in there too?

Thanks, is it enough space to fit a 1400 mah 8.4v small type battery in there too?

Robinio,

Back when I had my CASV I could fit some small type batteries in it, but it was generally hit or miss. If the mini had those plastic guards at one end or the other then they wouldn't fit because the guard made the battery slightly too wide. If the guard was absent from the pack then it would fit tightly.

I ordered a bunch of these 9.6v 2000 mAh nunchucks for around $11.00 a piece about a year ago. They worked really well as they could slide up along the inside of the CASV or along the top of the barrel.

Hope that helps!

edit: My CASV was the KA version and other versions might differ in their specifications.

Edited by Gigueand
2 of my last builds first was a full GnP build with Ka silencer the other is a rebuilt Tm 733 using GnP parts

what kind of rail/covers are on the second one?? im assuming you cant fit a battery inside though right??

also, does anyone know if the magpul MOE handguards will fit on a TM standard length m4??

I really like simple, and hate PEQ boxes... so something that can hold a battery up front preferably but give the option of rails is something im looking for...

Edited by aaronl
also, does anyone know if the magpul MOE handguards will fit on a TM standard length m4??

Ah, join the club. The Magpul MOE handguards -will not- fit on a Tokyo Mauri M4A1 because of the barrel nut. The MOE handguards will work with CA, G&P, KWA, etc.

I went to AEX and tried to fit it on my TM M4A1, and it won't work.

If you replace the TM barrel nut and the handguard cap with, say, G&P, it will fit.

Ah, join the club. The Magpul MOE handguards -will not- fit on a Tokyo Mauri M4A1 because of the barrel nut. The MOE handguards will work with CA, G&P, KWA, etc.

I went to AEX and tried to fit it on my TM M4A1, and it won't work.

If you replace the TM barrel nut and the handguard cap with, say, G&P, it will fit.

ahh thanks.... now what is a barrel nut lol...and when you say the handguard cap, you mean the one at the front, not at the delta ring right?? do I need a different delta ring as well or no?