Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a couple of months and I'll have a none ris monster to post too.

The first of the parts are being held for ransom by parcel farce atm.

Edited by evansy

Updated pics

magpulsr16s02a.jpg

On the left is a VFC SR16E3-URX, on the right is the G&P GBB SR16.

Finally have my matching pair. :D

I'll probably repaint the DYTac PEQ-15 all FDE at some point soon. And modify a Magpul ASAP Plate to work with my VFC SR16E3

Parts list ...

AEG:

• VFC SR16E3-URX (upgraded)
  • Vanaras PEQ-15 in FDE (refinished)
  • RS KAC Reflex Extension Mount
  • RS Aimpoint COMP M3 (4 MOA), with Aimpoint Tan Cover and Killflash
  • RS Surefire Tan M900 with FM13 IR Beamcover
  • RS KAC Taupe Rail Covers (left side cover cut down to accomodate CQD Sling Mount)
  • RS KAC 200-600M BUIS
  • RS Magpul CTR (FDE / MilSpec)
  • Magpul PTS PMAG mid-cap in FDE with RS Magpul PMAG Ranger Plate and EMGs
  • Magpul PTS MIAD in FDE
  • King Arms 11.5" Outer Barrel
  • CQD Front QD Sling Mount
  • G&P KAC Flashhider 14mm CCW

GBB:

• G&P GBB SR16
  • DYTac PEQ-15 in FDE and black
  • RS KAC Reflex Extension Mount
  • RS Aimpoint COMP M3 (4 MOA), with Aimpoint Tan Cover and Killflash (forgot to install KillFlash)
  • RS Surefire Tan M900 with FM13 IR Beamcover
  • RS KAC Taupe Rail Covers (left side cover cut down to accomodate CQD Sling Mount)
  • G&P KAC 200-600M BUIS
  • RS Magpul CTR (FDE / MilSpec)
  • RS Magpul MIAD in FDE
  • RS Magpul ASAP Sling Plate
  • RS KNS Gen 2 MOD 2 Anti-reversal hammer and trigger pins
  • CQD Front QD Sling Mount
  • G&P KAC Flashhider 14mm CW
  • G&P Ambi-selector
  • RATech NPAS Bolt and Bolt Carrier

Edit: Couple small parts list corrections

Edited by uscmCorps
what is the point? looks like wasted money to have two rifles that appear identical (almost)...

Excellent question. For me, I like the style of the gun's setup, and when I go to big OPs, I like to switch up my guns occasionally. I especially like the ability of being able to switch between a gas blowback and an AEG. Sure I could swap accessories from one to the other... maybe I'm just lazy like that. But generally I don't like to look at one gun with all the accessories on it then look at the other and say to it "poor gun... you're only half complete". But that's me.

Hey, I need a little help deciding....

My current rifle: SR-15-ish URX 11.5 rifle

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

Sorry about the meh pics, I have a nice DSLR, but good pics come when project is finished :P

Now.... I still have the 16 inch barrel the kit came with, but I might sell it. I need help deciding whether I should go with a more normal Sr-15 E3 style setup like this:

_32Y9570.jpg

dsadag.jpg

Or go with a Chris Costa style 11.5 SR-15 e3 rifle

fde.jpg

short3.jpg

Opinions?

And if I go with the former, I also need help finding a replica of this:

25284-2T.jpg

And if I go with the former, I also need help finding a replica of this:

http://www.operationparts.com/v/vspfiles/photos/25284-2T.jpg

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...KAC-01_srch_vfc

also where can one find a URX for the real steel?

Umm...Knight Arms Co.

Edited by Reincarnation...
Maybe I was in the wrong place, but when i checked they only had the normal ris and no URX

This link used to work...

http://www.operationparts.com/KAC_KNIGHTS_...ARD_p/23376.htm

I think for the URX from KAC, you have to call and ask. Be warned, they run in upwards of 500 for the midlength URX III

whats the point of copying Costa's AR? can we not make our own?

Well, it's not so much "Costa"'s AR, but rather that I always tend to find something someone else thought of to copy. This way, I can have a plan in my head, and not buy things that I think would look good when they may end up not. The fact that it's Costa's rifle is simply that

1. He has cool rifles

2. I can feel Ub3r l337z

3. URX builds are somewhat uncommon, Costa is one of a handful of shooters to use a URX

whats the point of copying Costa's AR? can we not make our own?

Personally I just build what I like to use. Upon watching the DVDs, I really liked the style and functionality of what he used. I'm not as enamored with the other styles he's started using since the filming of those DVDs. Besides, can you really fault someone for trying to replicate something that they've seen and wish to have themselves? Just because it's based off someone else's weapons platform doesn't mean it's bad either. It might not be your taste but the same can be said of many things in life. To each his own. If Whan wants to make an AR based off of Costa's current SR15, more power too him. This is airsoft, it's all about looks and enjoying what you have. In the end, we're still slinging 6mm plastic at each other.

You need a matech buis (or replica) and then you are done. Also, it isn't inaccurate but that grip is really more popular for those with the M16s with longer (heavier) rifles. M4 peoples have more traditional vertical forward grips. But I am sure there will be a thousand pictures to prove me wrong.

What kind of sling system are you using. Armorers like to put one-point sling adapters on the backend of the receiver, the manufacturer varies from unit to unit.

okay hope that helps.

Thanks for your time to comment on that.

I have a BUIS, but removed it because one of the real-world Marines in the Marines thread told me it's not so common and having checked with my USMC pics database he seems to be right. I may put it back on for PMC pics.

You're right I have numerous pics showing U.S. Marines with an M4 and Grip-pod. I bought it just because of that. Most things I don't necessarily like, but buy them just because it is issued and common in the U.S. Marine Corps.

Yes, it's that kind of single sling system, but found it rather uncommon for grunts and am thinking about replacing it with a 2-point or 3-point system. I need to do some research what's common/issued in the USMC.

Edited by KWP