Armalite Picture Thread

Afternoon gents! Been finishing up a build for our very own Doc today, and he's requested I get some pics of the thing... so i thought I might as well pop them up here! Appologies for the quality, I'm not a photographer, and my camera is, well.. junk.

Photo0198.jpg

Photo0199.jpg

Photo0200.jpg

Started out as a CA M16, has had a G&P M733 body fitted and Delta ring, guarder ventilated piston head, Guarder clear bucking, and a 509mm prommy barrel. Rest of the internals have been cleaned and fiddled with, and it's firing about 350 with 0.2's - haven't chrono'd it after putting the tightbore in, that'll have to be done tonight.

It's plain, it's simple, and it's lovely. And I want one for myself :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to forget what a standard (ish) rifle can look like with all the accessory laden armalites about :)

On another note, magpul pts bits really are taking over aren't they. It kinda makes me regret ordering an MOE handguard set now, maybe I should have just gone the standard sticklebrick ris route after all.

Ooh lovely stuff. Got LJ to describe the parts based on this photo:

royal-marines2.jpg

And then got MDK to build it for me :)

Will definitely be running around the woods with this one when I get the opportunity!

Also, I'd like to publicly thank Chris for bashing this thing together, it's evidently taken him quite a bit of time and effort and I'm very grateful for his expertise and, of course, Ian, for his delicious Blanco sandwiches.

Edited by doc_newstead
IF only someone could mod a Pmag to go ahead and take some gas, then that would awesome!

For a while there, HorizonTactical was modifying real Magpul PMAGs to use WE internals. They were using the California legal PMAGs (which are 30 round PMAGs with an insert permanently epoxied inside it to only allow 10 rounds capacity), and gutting the insides to accept the WE mag guts.

Not listed on their site right now though. You might want to drop them a line.

As far as I know, modifying a real PMAG to accept WE internals for resale doesn't infringe upon Magpul's copyright.

oh it's from evike, i was trying to return an item but they were being *albatrosses* and would only give me store credit, it's a decent gun bag, the only downsides is one of the zipper pulls snapped and a side pocket zipper came off the tracks, other than that it's pretty solid

here's a link

http://www.airsoftpost.com/matrix-combat-f...se-p-26594.html

Edited by Althis
WE M4 ver2.

Magpul MOE

Tango down pistol grip

Magpul ladder

EBB Clone ff rail

EBB 416 iron sights

Madbull Noveske firepig

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8026/wem4.jpg]

Looks ace. 7" or 9"? Also, what barrel length are you running? It looks shorter than a standard 14.5" for some reason.

Pardon the questions, but I'm an armalite n00b.

Edited by EmptyChambers
Looks ace. 7" or 9"? Also, what barrel length are you running? It looks shorter than a standard 14.5" for some reason.

Pardon the questions, but I'm an armalite n00b.

9" rail and CQB length barrel. I was also thinking about 6" or 7.5" barrel with a 7" rail setup, but I have to get a new barrel first.

what is all over the PTW receiver?

Gun oil.. Give it a more darker/realistic finish + protect it more against rain/weather.

The WA is also treated but the ptw is not finished drying yet

gunsilicone.jpg