Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rust is from years of being exposed to the elements and whether or not its properly taken care of. No one lube's an entire M4 like that, especially on the outside! Lubing is only necessary on the inside on certain moving parts, the necessities. That just looks nowhere near like a real M4, sorry man.

Uhh, CLP is a cleaning agent, too... I have CLP on my AR15's receiver, but that's because I lube the crap out of it before I shoot it. I don't grease up the exterior purposely...

Plus is turns the foam in my weapon case funny colors. And it stinks... (tastes weird, as well - don't fire weapons with your mouth open).

EDIT - I would have to say that it looks real in some respects. As I said above, sometimes CLP ends up on the exterior of my rifle, but it doesn't cover the entire receiver.

EDIT2 - He also said it gives it a darker finish. It looks darker, but I'm sure it sucks on your clothes...

Edited by SgtBojangles

aaalright.. I guess I need to be a bit more clear about things.

The TOP picture is where I added oil.. The BOTTOM picture is where I have started to polish it.

It give a more BLACK color instead of the WE GREY

I don`t do this all the time either, but when doing this with a polish and dry it give a more black color when taking photos. The more black color give it a more real look. I can`t remember seen any real AR looking grey or blue (unless you talk about some old vietnam type or something)

Edited by IBICO
But leaving your gun permanently greased like that on the outside is just.......

Have you considered investing in high quality paintjobs?

UGH.. paint??.. you crazy? :waggle:

The differ between your average aeg and WE/WA(prime body) is that the body is anodized (Not all version of WE is anodized) . Not PAINTED.. like the aeg.

So the metal actually take the oil inside somehow. Because next day when I start rubbing the body with my fingers to get that black finish I want. The metal is not sticky with oil anymore. Just not super dry like stock and with a more black finish.

This works on the WE anodized version and WA prime body.. Did not work so good on the PTW lower receiver, but did on the RS upper receiver.

The upper part is not had oil.. the lower is almost done and pretty dry now after rubbing it after the second day.

gunoil.jpg

Edited by IBICO