Armalite Picture Thread

It's been a long time since I've posted anything in the way of pictures of my own guns, and the offering I'm about to present you with is nothing in comparison to some of the guns you've all built yourselves, but I'm still proud of it! :)

M-WTF.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what I've got going on is a "keep it cheap" regime.

The setup pictured has a full length inner barrel, but thanks to the beauty that is ICS' split gearbox, I have also got a lower fps gearbox, and a smaller barrel with it's own hop so I can unscrew the top half of the outer barrel and simply place on a flashider, slot in the other parts and then I've got myself a CQB rifle. Really it's because I don't fancy buying two seperate guns when one will suffice.

Other than that, I'm finished, I certainly don't intend on extending the RIS, I kind of like it how it is; makes the fun look alot longer than it really is!

:)

Modular, I like it :)

at that lenght, with no propper reinforcement, id be worried about the barrel snapping at the base if you should bang in some walls or so.

A gas block at the end of the RIS could give it some support.

Edited by Skipper
at that lenght, with no propper reinforcement, id be worried about the barrel snapping at the base if you should bang in some walls or so.

I can see why you would worry, to be honest I hadn't thought about it; it's fairly solid as it is, as well as being an outdoor only gun at that length, I've thought about a gas block though, the front ironsight seems too far forward and I fancy something I can flip out of the way if needs be :)

We'll have to see, but it's mostly there by now :)

The setup pictured has a full length inner barrel, but thanks to the beauty that is ICS' split gearbox, I have also got a lower fps gearbox, and a smaller barrel with it's own hop so I can unscrew the top half of the outer barrel and simply place on a flashider, slot in the other parts and then I've got myself a CQB rifle. Really it's because I don't fancy buying two seperate guns when one will suffice.

Basically, the above :) To keep it cheap and to be able to switch between a CQB and a full length relatively painlessly :)

Edited by Finius

Matter of opinion there matey!

I'm saving up for uni $100 is too much for me right now, maybe in September, but even so, I like it how it is, the front sight might be coming off in future anyway, if I can source an ACM RIS front sight (when I actually have money and feel a bit less lazy).

Besides, you think that thing looks fugly, you shoulda seen my AK Spetz with the M249 outer barrel... :)

Edited by Finius

Since this is a Armalite thread, I won't post a picture, but HERE is a link to a picture :)

EDIT: Oh and HERE is a picture of it without the UGL...It's long since been sold unfortunately :(

I'll try and get some pictures of my Armalite in its short configuration after my day out tomorrow!

Edited by Finius
To be honest that barrel doesn't look out of place on there.

But anyway back to the Armalite's, does anyone make a copy of the RIS on the AR-15 E3?

............................................ Yes. But I'd like to stay unique too.

Here's my review of the G&P version: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=161304

VFC also has a version, with upper reciever for about $250. Both sets are very pricy.

BTW: RWS' gun is an SR-15 E3 IWS, the rail is known as a midlength URX III for the long version, and a carbine length URX II for the short version.

Edited by Whan
Matter of opinion there matey!

I'm saving up for uni $100 is too much for me right now, maybe in September, but even so, I like it how it is, the front sight might be coming off in future anyway, if I can source an ACM RIS front sight (when I actually have money and feel a bit less lazy).

Besides, you think that thing looks fugly, you shoulda seen my AK Spetz with the M249 outer barrel... :)

I want to apologize first off, stupid wasn't the appropriate word in the back of my mind. For the looks it just bothers me since I'm studying to be a designer. Empty space between the two is eating me up... But you are off to a fine start... again my apologies.

Here's my review of the G&P version: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=161304

VFC also has a version, with upper reciever for about $250. Both sets are very pricy.

BTW: RWS' gun is an SR-15 E3 IWS, the rail is known as a midlength URX III for the long version, and a carbine length URX II for the short version.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.