Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW. Great piece. But why the black mag?

Since its a gas blow back I dont have many choices at the moment on mags. Thats how the mag came with the gun. I thought it was strange myself seeing how dark it was compared to the guns finish.

Might try to take off the bottom plate and put a ranger magpul on it, if it allows me to without affecting the how the mag works.

Looking good Sonny, you going to keep the eotech on or go a different route with the optics?

Not sure, as I originally wanted to put my real Eotech 552 on it. However it canted on the rail for some reason and wasnt secure. Since the gun has some recoil wanted to make sure the optic kept its zero. Was even thinking of putting a mini aimpoint on it.

Damn, that's hot Sonny!

How's the fit of the SG rail on the WOC? Is it a drop in fit with the G&P barrel nut?

It was not a drop fit at all. I had to force the barrel nut onto the thread and slowly grind the threading down to fit. Not sure I have it 100% on either. As I said I broke my AR tool getting it on.

Question for anyone with a DD rail...is the ring held down by the barrel nut slightly loose or completely clamped down by the nut with no movement?

When u fiind some PMAGs for WA/G&P Woc GBB, pls PM me :P

Same here! I dont see that happening. As I dont know if the polymer can handle the stress of the gas or not. I quess we can only hope...

Edited by Sonny
Same here! I dont see that happening. As I dont know if the polymer can handle the stress of the gas or not. I quess we can only hope...

I think eventually someone will make one using the P-MAG as a cover/housing for a metal gas reservoir, as you said I don’t think polymer and pressurised gas would work.

iirc the PMAG polymer can handle an SUV being driven over it.. also if you simply drop a metal shroud inside the pmag which contains the inner workings of the gas system fi should be fine. Polymer is alot stronger than you would think..i dont believe propane or green gs will be much of an obstacle to overcome in that category tbh.

Nice one Ellis !

I've just started my 2nd L119-A1 project !

This time a WE GBB M4 base gun

So far I have a PM Barrel extension and real steel stock

I need the stowaway grip still instead of the real steel M4 one and will have to get another butt pad (this one was borrowed off my AEG)

Also the Acog is incorrect (my TA01 is painted to match the aeg) and i'll work on the front sight /gas block this weekend

15042009411.jpg

15042009414.jpg

15042009416.jpg

15042009406.jpg

quick question

i have a slight problem with mag feeding, i got both KA 100 midcaps and G&P Thermold Canadian 130 round mags and i cant empty a full mag without them miss feeding, is it my hop or havn't i bedded the mags in properly?

cheers

Edited by Fellowz
quick question

i have a slight problem with mag feeding, i got both KA 100 midcaps and G&P Thermold Canadian 130 round mags and i cant empty a full mag without them miss feeding, is it my hop or havn't i bedded the mags in properly?

cheers

I found that spraying silicone oil into the mag helps.

Edited by General_Satire

Well, my Chris Costa 11.5 E3 project has gotten a couple new parts.

IMG_1510.jpg

Will get better pics maybe tomorrow or once I get more parts.

Still need:

Tan Kac VFG

Tan Peq-15

Aimpoint T-1 (of course)

Tan/FDE paintjob on Stock and Rail covers.

U replicate Chris Costa's rifle or Travis Haley ?

If is CC u still need a front sight SR15 and a MIAD grip FDE. CC had on his rifle the Aimpoint red dot with tan cover, not a the T1, wich was on Travis Haley rifle with that fast reload mag too.

I believe he is going off this picture of Costa:

Ding Ding! That's pretty much it, but I'm actually now going to go with this one.

vlcsnap-260747.png

This one is actually from the DVD. CC doesn't use it, but it's his demo rifle when he does the cleaning segment as well as the weapon nomenclature and weapon storage parts. This was his main personal rifle outside of the DVD. He used this one to teach this class.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&...a=N&tab=wv#

U replicate Chris Costa's rifle or Travis Haley ?

If is CC u still need a front sight SR15 and a MIAD grip FDE. CC had on his rifle the Aimpoint red dot with tan cover, not a the T1, wich was on Travis Haley rifle with that fast reload mag too.

About the Redi-mag.... Yeah, I know his rifle doesn't have it. But, I need somewhere to hold my battery (Lipotube is too complicated for me right now, my guns wires aren't long enough to be rearwired), and the wires don't fit past the URX. So It's Redi-mag for the time being.

As for all the small details, I know this isn't going to be nearly as accurate as USCM's recreations. If I was to try, I would have to buy a VFC Sr-16 upper, a Magpul lower reciever, A dual flashlight clamp with two surefire g3's, Magpul PMAG's, ditch the Redimag and use a buffer tube lipo, and a KAC PDW-style comp.

But I'm not ^_^