Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had a problem fitting mags into a King Arms body?

I notice the back of the magwell has a bump in the middle, and my G&P and JG do not, could that be the problem? has anyone experienced this?

I'M useing PMAGs, that fit in my JG and G&P great, but to tight in my fully custom M4 KA body

Better to ask in a place full of Arma fans then a new topic.

I could take a pic of both magwells side by side tomorrow if you guys are confused what I mean.

Edited by Mr Foxhound

I notice the back of the magwell has a bump in the middle, and my G&P and JG do not, could that be the problem? has anyone experienced this?

I'M useing PMAGs, that fit in my JG and G&P great, but to tight in my fully custom M4 KA body

Better to ask in a place full of Arma fans then a new topic.

Yes. I have the same issue with the 2 KA metal bodies I have.

I ended up filing down the little bumps until the Pmags would fit.

They're still a little tight, but nothing like they were before.

The down side to filing the bumps is, now anything except a Pmag is loose in the magwell.

I solved that by selling all my other midcaps and buying more Pmags.

Same problem occured to my VFC HK416, I'm using STAR PMAGs, and in my VFC SR16 E3 I've got misfeed with them. Sold all ten an ordered 2 PMAG 120rds :D

Yes. I have the same issue with the 2 KA metal bodies I have.

I ended up filing down the little bumps until the Pmags would fit.

They're still a little tight, but nothing like they were before.

The down side to filing the bumps is, now anything except a Pmag is loose in the magwell.

I solved that by selling all my other midcaps and buying more Pmags.

Oddly enough only PMags seem to be the only feeding mags in the body regardless. I plan to get all PMags.

Did you file the whole bump or just part/half of it? How much did you need to file? I haven't really sanded anything before...xD Id rather not suitcase it up.

I dont get why they would do that, a machining error?

Finally put my AEG's AR parts back on an one of my real ARs - this time on an upper and lower I just finished up. Damn shame I cant swap over the suppressor, though! The Bomber Airsoft rubber rail guards are too comfortable to replace with my Magpul parts. That, and my buddy's King Arms Troy Battlesight replicas are nicer than my real Troys so they're still on there, too! Hopefully this week Ill be able to replace my Leupy replica with a real one to finish this off, but the irons are good enough (and Im not too shabby with them) such that I can hit a 10" target consistently at 100 yards (pretty centered too).

DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

100-300 yard range tomorrow then hopefully some airsofting next weekend. Woohoo, I love spring!

Edited by QDRenegade

How old is the KA body?

I've got a seals (laser engraved trades) one from when they first started making them with the bolt hold and I've never had a problem with mags but with my newer one with deep colt trades and a laser engraved logo's I've had nothing but problems with the whole thing.

Mystical 300 feet?

And thats an AEG?

Or did you post a real deal gun in the *generic Americanski assault rifle* AEG thread and im confused?

I believe that he was talking about putting airsoft parts onto his *real* Armalite, which unless I'm mistaken is a no-no to talk about in here. Nice looking though!

Finally put my AEG's AR parts back on an one of my real ARs - this time on an upper and lower I just finished up. Damn shame I cant swap over the suppressor, though! The Bomber Airsoft rubber rail guards are too comfortable to replace with my Magpul parts. That, and my buddy's King Arms Troy Battlesight replicas are nicer than my real Troys so they're still on there, too! Hopefully this week Ill be able to replace my Leupy replica with a real one to finish this off, but the irons are good enough (and Im not too shabby with them) such that I can hit a 10" target consistently at 100 yards (pretty centered too).

100-300 yard range tomorrow then hopefully some airsofting next weekend. Woohoo, I love spring!

just realized... There IS a Real Version of those Rail Ladders, and they aren't the magpul ones. Surefire makes them: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/comme...ion&key=Z70

How old is the KA body?

I've got a seals (laser engraved trades) one from when they first started making them with the bolt hold and I've never had a problem with mags but with my newer one with deep colt trades and a laser engraved logo's I've had nothing but problems with the whole thing.

Yeah its the new one. Never got the bolt stop to work so just said F it and didnt do it. If mags are the problem, its the same prob as me.

Compare the KA magwell to any other brand M4 one an you'll see the problem and what youll need to sand down.

Heh, better follow up an M733 with my M727.. Damn I have been watching Black Hawk Down too much as of late :D

Just missing the SW-Cheetah and a flashlight mount to complete the look!

3538546982_c8679f68fa_b.jpg

Edited by twonuts