Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is more comfortable to hold, but on the real rifle, usually makes barrel heat a bit harder to dissapate.

-Joe

Not so much on the CASV....the rails aren't vented....nor is the top portion being held....but I think that was the point of the question....

Some pics of a EBRV1 with the philips screws swapped out to hex screws (had to grind them down a touch):

sr16e3iwsebrv101small.jpg

sr16e3iwsebrv102small.jpg

sr16e3iwsebrv103.jpg

"EBR" stands for Extended Bolt Release and is styled after the yet to be released Magpul Battery Assist Device. Mounted on my VFC SR16E3IWS, it's actually functional and works as intended. The EBR is manufactured by Phase5Tactical and I have the V1 EBR. There's also a V2, but it's one that comes with a RS bolt catch welded to it and therefore not applicable for our airsoft uses.

Looks good USCM! Somehow it looks better than your previous rendition; I think the more worn finish + moving your PEQ up one slot helped :P

Thanks! It's definitely getting some serious use.

Reborn: Man, even the box is nice!

Goodness Corps, need there be more to do with your Costa gun? Very nice though, also glad to hear it actually functions too! Are you gonna do the same with your G&P WOC setup?

Thanks. I originally bought it for my WOC, but the bolt release plate is too thick on the WOC. In retrospect, I could probably shave off material off the back of the bolt release plate to make it thinner and work with the EBRV1.

Thanks! It's definitely getting some serious use.

Reborn: Man, even the box is nice!

LOL I was actually expecting a hard case, as with the VFC SCAR line. The box served its purpose and kept my weapon safe during transit. Once I get $300... Pelican here I come.

Thanks. I originally bought it for my WOC, but the bolt release plate is too thick on the WOC. In retrospect, I could probably shave off material off the back of the bolt release plate to make it thinner and work with the EBRV1.

Hey with a lil extra hard work I'd say go for it! Imagine how sweet that would be.

@Reborn: Yikes man $300! save it and shop smart man, that's how I scored my cases for 75% off. It pays to shop around and bargain.

Can you please get me the link to that battery device?

I bought it from a guy called Ken who has a company called Phase5Tactical. Here's the details:

EBRv1 (bolt on) ($46.00) shipped in the USA or + $2.00 international first class.

EBRv2 (one Piece) direct replacment. ($56.00 Shipped)in the USA or + $2.00 international first class.

The EBRv2 works with the Redi-Mag.

It allows you to control the bolt, Locking it open and releasing it with your trigger finger.

You can email me if you are interested. I can also start a new for sale thread if you think it will help you out.

Email me at ken@phase5tactical.com or ken_btc@yahoo.com

EBR3-2.jpg

ebrv2greenlogoforumupdate.jpg

Keep in mind that his EBRV2 comes preinstalled (permanently welded I believe) onto a RS bolt catch and therefore the EBRV1 is probably the only B.A.D. that's compatible with any of our airsoft guns be it GBBs, AEGs, or PTWs.

Another thing to point out is that the AirsoftSurgeon just announced his own version of the B.A.D. on Airsoft-News.eu. Though there's no mention of ETA.

watch this seller on ebay

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/wwinvestment...QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

he always has brand new pelican 1750s for $150 shipped overnight

LOL I didn't mean that I was going to pay $300 for just the case... It would have included the case, a spare set of foams, and shipping+taxes. But nonetheless I thank you for the link.

The spring inside is loose, also the thing in the charging handle which holds it still, is broken. Forgot to mention that it needs to be replaced.

Badger Tac Latch pro.

uscm, your Costa blaster is awesome. I like the EBR, adds a nice touch.

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny

Two questions for ya Corps:

1) Why do you need the BAD/want the BAD? Isn't the Sr-15/16 IWS AMBI boltcatch anyway? I can't see it being all that much more effective. Enlightenment is need :P

2) How different (if at all) is the VFC SR-15/16 gearbox to a regular V2? Could a V.2 be modded to fit (haynes box)? That is the only thing stopping me (that and the fact that you cannot use dytac MUR uppers, at least without mods) from getting one....

I'm not Corps, but here's my take on it.

The BAD device is easier to access than the ambi bolt catch. I mean, it's pretty much in the trigger guard, so I would think it would be more natural to depress after reloading. (as opposed to having to press the mag release, put in a fresh mag, then move your finger above the mag release and press the bolt catch, and then go back to the trigger. I suppose it's not much time saved, but every second counts (in RS that is). Plus, the BAD can be used to hold the bolt as well as release it. I dunno if the ambi bolt catch will hold the bolt.