Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do love that LWRC lookalike!

I got bored today and decided to make my XM177 more realistic. Anybody want to guess the brand?

That's right! Its a cheapo DPMS spring XM177! I used paint and sandpaper to give it a more realistic finish. Better than my old CA M15A4, in fact.

lol I think it would have kept the realistic finish if it was just all black or "blued" now it looks more like a toy. But I don't know, maybe the pictures do the gun no justice. I noticed that the markings are still a little glossy too lol

It's been awhile since I have pimped my PTW here so here is how it sits now with the exception of the Tango Down grip being replaced with a Larue Fug. Below the PTW is my real steel for comparison.

I am so jealous. Some people can have the best of both worlds, being in Socal is death for an airsofter really wanting to build a RS version of his gun...

I am so jealous. Some people can have the best of both worlds, being in Socal is death for an airsofter really wanting to build a RS version of his gun...

Ever heard of Spikes Tactical? They sell a .22 cal firing lower receiver and complete uppers for it, you can make a CA legal version of your airsoft rifle. You can have all the "evil" features you want because rimfire rifles (.22) don't fall under center-fire weapon technicalities. .22 AR-15/M4's just have to have a 16" barrel and have an OAL of like 32 1/2" or something and hold 10-rounds. They sell a short barrel also and you can pin on a legal replica suppressor to make it legal-length. .22 ammo is cheap. It should be the same situation for NJ people too.

Ever heard of Spikes Tactical? They sell a .22 cal firing lower receiver and complete uppers for it, you can make a CA legal version of your airsoft rifle. You can have all the "evil" features you want because rimfire rifles (.22) don't fall under center-fire weapon technicalities. .22 AR-15/M4's just have to have a 16" barrel and have an OAL of like 32 1/2" or something and hold 10-rounds. They sell a short barrel also and you can pin on a legal replica suppressor to make it legal-length. .22 ammo is cheap. It should be the same situation for NJ people too.

You just made my day. After I go through college & grad school, I might actually move to cali.