Armalite Picture Thread

evansy is that a KA MBK for the JP Rifles build?

Yup. I wouldn't recommend using one tho. The JP kit went on without too much trouble but the BMK just doesn't fit together properly and has needed lots of filing to get it to go together and to get the gearbox in properly.

If I do build another JP gun I'll not use a KA body again.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two questions for ya Corps:

1) Why do you need the BAD/want the BAD? Isn't the Sr-15/16 IWS AMBI boltcatch anyway? I can't see it being all that much more effective. Enlightenment is need :P

2) How different (if at all) is the VFC SR-15/16 gearbox to a regular V2? Could a V.2 be modded to fit (haynes box)? That is the only thing stopping me (that and the fact that you cannot use dytac MUR uppers, at least without mods) from getting one....

Whan pretty much hit the nail on the head. It's just easier to manipulate being in the trigger area. You can definitely manipulate the right ambi bolt catch to stay open allowing the bolt to be continually released freely, but on the VFC you can't really manipulate it in the opposite direction to lock the bolt open. A good question would be for Titleist, as he just bought a real KAC SR15E3 IWS, with this awesome and unique receiver, and he'd know better if you can do that or not. All I know is that it's super easy to control with the EBRv1/B.A.D.

I have no idea if a Haynes would work. Sorry.

Posted this in the AGM GBB thread over in news, but heres my new GBB with a few tweaks. theres a load of new shiney stuff making its way to me at the moment so it'll change a bit in the coming weeks.

Still stuck for choice on a stock, it'll be CTR, UBR or PRS. maybe M93 but i dunno how good the Star one is at the moment.

3595379357_4f0ec37c9b_b.jpg

3595382369_cb4eb8217b_b.jpg

3596183256_6ff6b28869_b.jpg

Sorry If I sound stupid, but why do people put Velcro on PMags?

I think you are mistaking the Rainier Arms EMG (Enhanced Magazine Grips) with velcro; I do see how they may look like velcro. EMG are used to provide better grip of the magazine for reloading of the weapon; when your work requires speed, every little second counts. They work on standard magazines also.

Sorry If I sound stupid, but why do people put Velcro on PMags?

Its not velcro, its essentially pre cut pieces of grip tape that fit between the skeletonized part of the mag to make it more grippy. I dont know quite what purpose it serves because you have the ranger plates to pick up the mag and i never hold an AR by the magazine when firing, but whatever, each to his own.

Edited by Azulsky
great looking M16A4. whats that paper on the stock for? i cant see any writing..

-Joe

its a paper that has medivac, direct engagment and i think air strike or artillery protocols, its not in front of me butt heres the link:

http://www.arctactical.com/dfiles/Paper.pdf

you can put whatever you want tho, arabic phrases, radio frequencies, etc. I just like to call in airstrikes when i play =]

My first M4 build, don't hurt me

DSCN1381.jpg

DSCN1382.jpg

I have a riser for the magnifier coming in so it will line up properly... I can then put my Troy BUIS back on it. I still need to paint the front sight and other random bits. Aside from those, it's pretty much done.

Edited by M0ldyM!LK
My first M4 build, don't hurt me

I have a riser for the magnifier coming in so it will line up properly... I can then put my Troy BUIS back on it. I still need to paint the front sight and other random bits. Aside from those, it's pretty much done.

Looking sharp for a first build!

I like the color scheme, sure you want to paint the random bits?

They don't look like they stand out that much.

Also, what kind of battery are you using?

Looking sharp for a first build!

I like the color scheme, sure you want to paint the random bits?

They don't look like they stand out that much.

Also, what kind of battery are you using?

Leaving it as-is color wise is definitely on the table. I kind of like the unique look it gives it. I have a spare buffer tube laying around, I'm debating sanding it down to the bare metal and sticking it on there just to see what it looks like. What do you think of that?

As for the battery, I have a 1400mah Intellect 9.6v in the DBAL box. I can fit a 10.8 1500mah in there, so long as I keep the cells 2/3A.

Leaving it as-is color wise is definitely on the table. I kind of like the unique look it gives it. I have a spare buffer tube laying around, I'm debating sanding it down to the bare metal and sticking it on there just to see what it looks like. What do you think of that?

As for the battery, I have a 1400mah Intellect 9.6v in the DBAL box. I can fit a 10.8 1500mah in there, so long as I keep the cells 2/3A.

Why not? If you can do it without making it too shiny then go for it.

From the pics most of the grey bits seem pretty flat, which gives it a more custom feel.

I was wondering if you had it rigged to a Li-Po or something.

Why not? If you can do it without making it too shiny then go for it.

From the pics most of the grey bits seem pretty flat, which gives it a more custom feel.

I was wondering if you had it rigged to a Li-Po or something.

Soaking it in paint stripper should get it on part with the flat look of the other parts. They're a lot more dull than the pictures show; the flash makes them appear a bit brighter.