Armalite Picture Thread

The PTS MOE handguards have slightly different molding to accommodate batteries. The real ones have the inner heat shield to help disperse heat from the barrel. The PTS MOE handguards are manufactured in HK in much lower quantities than the RS handguards as there's more demand for the RS handguards. When you produce product in smaller quantities, your unit cost goes up. When a US based retailer has to import the product, in order to maintain sane profit margins, their price will often be greater than that of the product's price when sold in it's native country (HK). It's actually pretty impressive that PTS was able to keep their MSRP relatively close to the RS MSRP given how small a quantity are made for the airsoft market compared to the RS market. It's pretty simple economics really. That said, if you live in the US, I see no reason to buy PTS parts when you have access to the RS counterpart. Things like PMAGs and the ASAP, for example, I'd happily buy PTS on the other hand ... but then again, my mentality has always been to get the absolute best that I can buy.

Agree and disagree.

If you want to place a battery in your MOE handguards you NEED the PTS version. I dont modify real steel parts to fit on my airsoft guns anymore, even if its a 30 dollar part. The Real MOE handguard needs the heatshield removed and the retaining pieces of plastic dremeled off. There are also other parts that need to be removed in order for a battery to fit. I believe the outer dimensions of the PTS handguard are also slightly different. I actually like my PTS versions better than my real steel versions, its bizarre.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go, updated my primary Noveske with a better lighter rail, Madbull's 12.5" Noveske RAS There is some comparison of before and after first then onto my new project Noveske/Magpul.

The new...

DSC01541-1.jpg

the old...

DSC01127.jpg

and for the future... an AGM GBBR Noveske/Magpul project.

DSC01537.jpg

Edited by Roecar
Why the tan MBUS?

You should paint em...

Nice rifle though, very nice. Streamlined= win.

I once saw something similar on a real one, I think the tan MBUS contrast nicely with the otherwise black rifle.

Thanks for the comments guys ^^

Well I finally got some things to work on my AGM M4 GBBR and I figured I'd ask around to see what should I put on the outside of this thing. Aside from rail that's on it I was thinking Magpul this time instead of Noveske. What do you all suggest?

DSC01610.jpg

DSC01611.jpg

DSC01612.jpg