Armalite Picture Thread

Ambi safety and mag release.....I got a Magpul PTS Enhanced trigger guard too, but it seems I didn't get one that'll fit this gun....wider by probably 1/16" inch at least....wondering if I should sell it and get a proper one or try to mod it to fit...

Also had fun taking the firing group apart and putting it back together....6 times......couldn't get the trigger to return before....

The pts wont fit you have to get the real steel one.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't work though, this one has light and laser sight with detachable external switch. I have another PEQ15 and its' pretty shoddily put together and the laser isn't aimable. If there were a PEQ15 replica outthere with a comparable function would've gone with that....

Edited by RacingManiac
Hispeed, what paint are you using? Specifically on the Sig grip panels; unless they are the fde grip, which I then ask were did you get them.

Nice blaster btw.

Thanks for the comments guise-paint used was a base coat of Tamiya aircraft spray paint in tan, then a light dusting of dark earth in that same paint line and then darker highlights of dark earth. I used that for everything there except for the TD grip, rail covers, replica ECOS TA-01 ACOG and PEQ-15. As for that SIg P226R grip, I did the same thing-basecoat in tan and llight layers of dark earth until you get the desired tone/color then stop. If you only want to paint the grips, I suggest you take them off and do that but keep track of the pieces in the grip assembly. I like Tamiya paints on the rifles because they stick good, Testors spray paints tend to flake off. I like using Krylon and Rustoleum more for painting gear, ie; helmets, vests, holsters, comm. wiring, etc.-basically anything in black that you wear that you want to paint tan to not stick out if you're going for a deployed in the sandbox look. Krylon has this weird thick rough texture on the AEG's so I don't use it much for that. Hope this helps.

Nice new rifle RM.

PEQ-15's: there are couple of types of real ones out there, 1 is the replica from DYTac-notice the hole on top for the blue safety block screw (some RS ones have two holes); http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=9221 (but no tan straps) AND the 2nd kind is the Vanaras/RSOV version-Vanaras has two versions of this second type, older and newer-this newer one is better: http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...product_id=3528 (tan straps FTW!) the thing is the real one has 3 black allen screws on the front face, their version doesn't and it doesn't have a rubber push button, but the knob activation switch moves. VFC made a replica of the Vanaras/RSOV one: http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=8915 ~the push button is rubber but the knob activation switch doesn't move. Ebaybanned has 2 copies of the VFC version, crappy one that cracks: http://www.ebairsoft.com/anpeq15-battery-case-p-2133.html ~better one: http://www.ebairsoft.com/anpeq15-battery-c...ion-p-2200.html (but no tan straps) You can fit a li-po battery in the VFC versions (Li-po don't want), on the Vanaras/RSOV you need to mod it a bit. You can fit a laser in both with little modding. King Arms has another version but its not detailed and it's larger than the RS one to fit bigger batteries. I believe all these details missed was to save the manufacturers money. Sorry for the PEQ-15 rant, but I think it can help you with your decisions on the replicas. What I'd like to see is a nicely detailed working replica PEQ-15, one with a white LED light and a visible red or green laser powered by 2 CR123 batteries~think of the replica M6X light set up by EBB. Some members have attepted this by using a different wiring method. But I'd like to see a realistic one. (G&P cough-cough!)

@ Whan: is a DE Magpul grip coming up for your URX SBR project? That would look pretty sick~

@ all: I'm not a mod, but let's all please keep our comments friendly and civil as in constructive criticism. Let's make this an edumacational and fun thread for building our beloved Armalites. Out.

Edited by Hispeed1

Thanks for the bit on the PEQ15, most of the ones out there are for battery box, but because I am running a GBB I don't need one that does the battery work, but just to actually act as a backup flashlight or laser pointer. As I've said Dragonredairsoft makes one that has a green laser and 2 LED, but their wiring work inside is messy(uses 2 AA battery that you have to take the box apart to install, at which point you'll see the innards), and comes with double touch pad switches hard wired to them for activation, but because you can't aim the laser its not that useful, and the little white LED aren't bright enough to really work as flash. Plus the 2 touchpad with long wiring is hard to find a place for. The G&P PEQ2 comes with switch that can be set for CREE, Laser, or both, and comes on on-unit activation button and a detachable grip switch. The color isn't the closest to FDE but it'll do for now. The Dragonred one is closer to FDE color though...

If a new one comes out from G&P that has similar function I might switch to that, but I am pretty happey with the PEQII now. I can also attempt to re-spray it so it looks better, not out of the question either....

Nice AR Whan! :D

Did you do the Readi-Mod conversion on the Readi-Mag yorurself? It looks great! Still gotta do the back plate though to complete the look ;)

Thanks!

Yeah, I did the Redi-mod style cuts myself, though it still isn't exactly a redimod (redimod has different release system). There are already cuts on the back plate, but you can't see them because they're covered by wires :)

Edit: Hispeed: Yeah, I hope to get a FDE MOE soon; it'll really complete the look.

Edited by Whan
snip

Here's my brand new CQB RASII with ACOG. The most solid-feeling Armalite I have ever held.

agreed, love mine too :P  could you post a better pic showing the acog? wondered howd that look on mine

img7072.jpg

img7080.jpg

Edited by Scharf