Desert Tactical Arms Build

dobey

I got talked into slipping this build in between things here, so figured I would post this as the WA2000 is being assembled for the final time this afternoon. This one is for one of our service members currently deployed in Iraq and I just had to say yes to him.

The build will be based on the Desert Tactical Arms Stealth Recon Scout (SRS) .338 Lapua Magnum. Here is a pic of the real thing from the 2008 shot show.

DTA-SRS.jpg

The base airsoft gun is a brand new Tanaka M40A1, the RIS is a Madbull Dragonfire 12.5 inch CNC'ed RIS, the scope is a Leupold Mark 4, and the rest will be machined 6061 T6 aluminum.

group-parts-003.jpg

Everything is here and ready to go as soon as I button up the WA2000 and get some pictures of that up. I don't expect this build to take that long, I am really just making the stock for this beauty.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some progress on this build now. Here are the major pieces, the lower stock part is just rough cut on the band saw and will require one more just like it. I am about to cut that one, and then they will be sandwiched together and bolted to the lower receiver.

assembly-pics-004.jpg

assembly-pics-003.jpg

Yes the last we talked on color he wanted it powder coated tan, that can change up until the minute I actually powder coat it though.

I have both halves of the lower stock area cut out, and milled to spec now. Next I will be spending time machining it out to fit the Tanaka and making the magwell. I Chronoed the Tanaka out of the box on propane and it is shooting 560 fps with 0.2's but it is still pretty cold here, I think it should go over 600 fps in the summer.

stock-001-1.jpg

Archived