Stolen AW338 and Site ID card

Hedganian

House broken into at 1330 (approx) 07/01/2009. Amongst items taken:

1x Star AW338 Airsoft sniper rifle with scope and magazine in hard black single rifle case (personalised with my name)

1x First and Only skirmisher ID card in my name, expired October 2008 (fortunately it was my old one, not my new one)

If anyone sees these items, please contact myself or the police.

It's quite odd that they took those items specifically, did they take anything else? Just wondering whether it could be someone you know targeting airsoft equipment/id. Bad luck though, if it's name engraved, there's a chance it may well make its' way back to you :)

Nah, I didn't bother to mention all the other stuff taken. Still working on the list, but so far in addtion to the airsoft items mentioned above, also taken was:

• LG 42-inch LCD TV
  • Compaq Presario laptop
  • D-Link wi-fi card for laptop
  • Sanyo LCD projector for laptop
  • Wireless presentation device (air mouse) for laptop
  • Nintendo Wii with 2 controllers and about 30 games
  • Creative Vision:M 60gb MP3 player
  • Creative Playdock docking station with speakers
  • Cold Steel 18-inch black latin machete
  • Black leather wallet with approx £7 cash, debit cards, credit cards, MOD90 Army ID card (yes, I'm in the *suitcase*), various other cards and things

This list not exhaustive, as it's hard to look at a tossed room and go "What's missing?"

Had SOCO around today, waste of time, but there you go. Have requested a quote from a local company that installs security roller-shutters and barred grills and things, so that will help in future. Horse gone, better close that barn door.... <_<

• 4 weeks later...

****UPDATE****

Got a phone call from the police the other day, asking a lot of questions about the rifle, the box it was in, and so on. Turns out that a member of the public found a black rifle case with a rifle very similar in description to the AW338 abandonned in an alley somewhere. Obviously, the police were quite concerned about this, but it took them about 2 weeks to equate a rifle matching the description of my stolen one in a box with my name on it to my report of theft... :rolleyes:

Anyway, the rifle may be recovered and I may get it back, eventually...

It is, but TVs and suchlike are easier to replace than airsoft sniper rifles...

The issue now, of coursse, is one of how long the police will keep it as evidence before releasing it back to me. I'm guessing I won't be getting it back for some months....

Cheer up, they're holding it for a noble cause, like taking the buggers' fingerprints off it.

Anyway, you're lucky the sods didn't break it, as it happened to one guy's collection here (destroy a Maruzen M870 BV. I'd KILL for that).

I wouldn't know. Hopefully....

I believe the thieves abandoned the rifle, either on opening the box and seeing it, or after figuring out that it wasn't real.

I still haven't heard from the plod, so God knows when they're going to get around to letting me inspect the rifle to confirm that it is mine and see if there's any damage...

damn

sucks for you, mate

one of our local member here on our East Coast lost a whole ****load of stuff to thieves. I mean, a M1928 AEG with RS drum mag, M1A1 AEG, all sorts of custom stuff you've never seen before

Did you have insurance on anything?

I hope you get your stuff back!

That'd be why then.

I bought it on a whim, really, when Redwolf had one of their sales, basically because I've always liked the L96 and wanted to have one. Given that the L115 (AW338) is even better than the L96, and indeed has replaced it in British service, I was happy to get that. I didn't buy it with the primary intention of actually skirmishing with it, as I'm not really into sniping.

A few surface rust spots on the case from being outside. The rifle itself seems fine.

No, new information. The plod didn't tell me a single thing, no idea if they got prints or clues or anything off the rifle or case.

But at least I've got it back, that's the main thing...

I'm glad for you man - i can only imagine that the cu... thieves took a quick peek & *suitcase* them selves - i doubt that they will return to your place again.

"aaiight blud, you wanna go piking again today innit?"

"Nah, man - i is sure that there will be bare sniper waitin' innit... lets go steal blue lights for out XR2's man!"

"nuff said blud, your sister mention me?"

"yeah, she said stop jackin' her stuff innit!"

And so forth...

AP.

Archived