Tactical Gear Depot (Reliable Supplier)

Delfi

If this wasn't causing me hassle and costing me a small amount I'd want to laugh.

Anyway this is worth sharing with you all.

I bought two items from the above named 'reliable' company in early December These were:

1) Vltor VST folding front sight with QD Sling Swivel

2) ARMS Style Flip Up Rear Sight Replica

Item 1 turned up in a reasonable time and I questioned them about item 2. Then I sent another mail questioning them about item 2. Then another mail and then yet another. No response to any of these.

Yesterday I sent them an email threatening them with a Paypal dispute and received the following response (funny how they only bother to respond to threats):

Can you send us few photo or thing to proof you did not received the item?

Now forgive me if I'm missing something here :blink: ... How the hell do you deal with people like this?

Avoid this lot like the plague people.

D

I'm not sure about importing goods into the UK, but does Customs or couriers have documents stating the delivery cot, number of packages, weight of the packages ect, or something to that effect? If you know what the combined weight should be and can prove the weight of the packge via any sort of courier docs ect then you could use that by saying the missing weight proves the package was too light ref the missing part.

Or you could just go straight to dispute.

I haven't got the packet that the one item was sent in and, from memory, it didn't have that kind of detail on it . Even if it had the items concerned are so light I doubt weight would allow any discrimination.

I'd be more concerned if the item was of massive value (it's about 12 quid) but as they haven't responded to emails until threatened I'll take this to a Paypal dispute as a matter of principle.

I still can't get over the photo idea :D

So, a cautionary tale with a bit of a chuckle really.

D

I had ordered an Aimpoint 2x lens from them not long ago.

It arrived in a reasonable amount of time, however, the item was defective. (Threading on the lens was very poor, and had chipped a bit.)

I e-mail "Omix" about it, and he requested pictures. I sent him a few pictures, and described exactly what was wrong with the unit (how it wouldn't attach to the Aimpoint). He then told me he'd e-mail the factory about it (For what reason is unknown...) and was unwilling to issue a refund or replacement.

As time passed, waiting for the factory to respond (Again...why?), I decided to threaten to file a PayPal dispute, of to which he responded, "if you don't satisfied our product, you can return to us, once received will send an replacement to you."

Even though it took them quite awhile (Read: Time+Threat) I'm glad I was finally given the option.

Will I order from them again? Not sure.

-Vic

Update:

After sending a strongly worded email I've finally received a reasonable response. They've said that they'll send the item again.

Funny that they had to ask what it was though :blink:

As things develop (or don't) I'll keep folks informed ... the only problem is that I've now ordered the same item from another supplier. Anyone want a BUIS? :angry:

D

It turned up today and it finishes off my ICS M4 nicely.

I would say thanks to this lot but as I bought the item and got given hassle I won't.

I've also got a spare on the way from ebaybanned now too ... I kinda gave up on this lot when I was asked for a photo of an item that I hadn't received.

At least they appear to be honest.

D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow Arnies members,

I recently ordered a Vest from them. I placed the order on Thursday, January 15th. To this day, they did not ship the item out. This is starting to get annoying considering it's been a little over a week. I would like to receive the item in orderly fashion so my money has not been wasted. Is this normal considering that they are located in China?

By the way, I live in Pennyslvania in the United States if that helps at all. I would like them to at least ship the item.

Much thanks to anyone that can help

-Phantom

(EDIT: Sorry for the necro, just want to get things sorted out with my order. Hope that's not a problem)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived