G&P M14 DMR

I will be reciveing mine (take two) around the same time (hopefully) and I will be doing a full internal takedown complete with pics, etc. I won't be able to do shooting tests tho, cause I didn't like buying a battery conidering the gun is gonna be a DMR for a very short time (EBR BABY!!!)

Edited by -=OGGY=-
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone used one of these in game yet?

i was considering buying one but have to say ive been put of after reading this thread,i may wait and see how they preform with some work or i may just buy a cyma and if it in the g&p stock :)

do you all think the specialy designed motor will be able to handle hig fps set ups okay 400-500fps?

With the original spring, guarder hop-up bucking, and reshimmed:

328.1 - 326 - 333.8 - 328.1 - 333.8 - 327.3fps on average, with HIDD 0.20gr bio BB's - measured with a XCortech X3200

Using a 9.6V 1100mAh battery, it does about 17-18RPS... that's +1000RPM... quite high!

well it is called the 'crane proto' so it was probably trialled by someone, but I highly doubt it would ever be used since it has a short barrel so it is beaten by the DMR for, well, DMR duty :P, and the MK14 (ebr) is already in service and provides a better platform for accesories so the the 'crane proto' loses there too. So my guess in G&P saw the really didn't have to change much to get another M14 on the market.

Anyway, I saw that price and almost vomited......if I had only waited i could have sved a hundred bucks......aw well, hopefully i can get that back when I sell all the DMR parts (DMR comes with a scope and RAS so my guess is that is where the extra cost comes from.) I still can't figure out how G&P can make these tho; I mean, their $70 gearbox shell, their $70 MBK, steel barrel set, $100 DMR kit, +plus hop-up, barrel, internals, ect.......it amazes me how cheap they are.

Also, good news!! my replacement gun should be shipping out soon, so that means in a week or two I can get some dissasembaly/internal photos up (sorry it is taking so long)

EDIT: I just re-read the link, the chances of that just went down it is designated the MK14 just like the EBR....my though is maybe it was crane vs. sage to make the new M14 rifle for the Navy. What I don't get is that i read somewhere that crane had some role in making the chop-mod stock (improved version of the sage) that is used on the MK14 rifles; so idk if they were competeing with themselves?!?!?!.........anyway, this is all a speculation, this gun may just be some random design out of G&P's head.......i'll do some googling and see what I can find.

Edited by -=OGGY=-

Still, from airsoft stand point the MK14 Proto is pretty much THE assault rifle/DMR role weapon of all needs.

It has rails.

It has a pistol frip.

It accomodates a nice large (lipo) battery.

It should have good quality external AND internal parts.

It is a M14 (best hop of all etc)

Did I say it has everything you would ever want from an assault rifle?

Me searching for funds to buy one NOW, or wait a little for the OD version, pleaaaase.

Bjoen

lol my replacement should *fingers crossed* be here then too.......the race is on.......who can rip their new gun apart first :P

EDIT: actually if you want to post test results, I can take internal pics (i didn't buy a battery so i can't do any testing) (Of course if you want to take internal pics too, i am not in anyway trying to stop you, just trying to spare you some trouble :) )BTW i didn't buy one cause i'm converting it to an EBR which requires unique batteries, so why waste money on a DMR batery I would use once.

Edited by -=OGGY=-

Lol, my battery is going back to CHBP to get another cell added (11.1v lipos am bettar than 7,2v ones :P ) but I can use a 9.6v 1500mah Elite NIMH one I have in the meantime. Thanks for offering to take internal picks. I won't be stripping her completely just yet, only down to the stock, so the internal pics are appreciated. I'll be getting all my upgrade parts/chrono towards the end of this month/beginning of the next. I also just ordered a TADgear jacket, so I want to hold off on the spending so I don't freak out the parents when the bill comes at the end of the month (even though I am paying :( ), hence why I am holding off a bit.

Good thing is that with all the great weather here in NJ (*knocks on wood*) I'll be able to go outside and get some nice natural light pictars.

OK change of plans, ive been tracking my shipment for the past few days and yesterday i found outthat USPS tried to deliver it.....to the wrong house.......*wonderful*.......anyway, i now have to march down the post office with my tracking number and hopefully get sorted. If all goes well, i still should be able to get my internal reveiw up but not untill later.

Got mine... I am trying to split the stock/receiver into parts, but I cannot get it disassembled. I took the RIS and trigger guard/mag release off, removed the butplate, set it to auto, put it in not saftey and I cannot slip the little ring around the barrel of the stock.

I'd take pictures, but my accursed camera hath died(battery, I forgot to charge it DOH!). Is there a screw connecting the gas tube (the part right at the end of the stock) to the barrel? The is a threaded hole in it, but I cannot tell if there is a little grub screw in there or not. How did you get yours apart shcaap? You oggy?

Thanks!

EDIT: NM, figured it out.

Also, RS harris Mini-14/M14 adapters won't work without mods to the guns stock. I had to dremel out some "Supports"(I used quotes because they are just flimsy plastic brackets, that aren't even molded together on the two stock halves, I am pretty sure they are superfluous). Also, the trigger response is great on my elite 1500mah 9.6v nimh, and awesome on my elite 3300mah 30c 11.1v lipo. And they both fit, and my SUB-C NICAD 9.6v 1800mah Sanyo battery does fit if you slant it, so you CAN fit large sized batteries. Another thing I did was removed one of the little plastic pieces that connects tot he rubber buttpad, to make the length of trigger pull better for me, and make it easier for me to comfortably shoulder. These little spacers can be hollowed out in me middle so you can fit MONSTER batteries with mods (i.e. like a 12v 5000mah elite battery could probably be fit quite easily if one were to make a window in the middle of each of the 6-odd spacers)

Latter today I'll drill out holes for my foregrip rail, charge my camera and start a formal review.

Edited by Vercingetorix

Ok, I had a look on the inside, and although i'm not quite impressed, everything looks good. There is NO grease on the gears.....idk how that happened. There are a ton of shims, but the gears Spin almost perfectly. Speaking of the gears, they look awesome! So weird cast marks, all the corners are nice and crisp. The tappet material looks kind of weak but it seems like it will hold up. The piston has 1-3 metal teeth (can't remember). The piston head already had a stress mark and I have no idea where it came from seeing as the gun was only test fired. The bearings spin nicely, but one of them was stuck in the gearbox shell, (i managed to get a mini screw driver stuck in the hole trying to push it out, that god it was literaly the perfect size and didn't do any damage. The little metal peice on the top of the gearboxwas a real b!%$# to get off, i really had to bend it to pry it off (unfortunatly). From what i saw, i would replace the piston head, tappet plate, spring guide, and give it a good shim-job. Don't be afraid to use force when taking the top peice of, your're not gettin' it off otherwise.

Pics will come later.