• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Grey Ghost 'litelock' Assault Pack.

P1020743-1-1.jpg

P1020746.jpg

P1020747.jpg

Pretty impressed for the money, very lightweight indeed that's for sure and it comes with 4 faxtex buckles which are attached to some cordura with MOLLE and MALICE clips which means it's excellent for mounting to a rig. As the keen eyed amongst you may notice some of the MOLLE loops are too narrow (in the vertical plain), however all standard pouches do fit on just fine and are perfectly secure, I presume it was done to save a few extra grams.

Biggest detractor is a lack of securing features for all the straps, you end up with *suitcase* loads of webbing flapping wildly in the breeze, so I'm working on that right now.

It's weird to be honest, it's wafer thin (as you'd expect with something designed to be super light) so you take it out the box and when you're used to 1000D cordura you feel like it's going to be weak, but the more I've used it the more I get the impression it's actually quite robust.

Given that it's the first product I've owned made from this stuff I can't really give any sort of definitive answers because it's just my kit bag that carries gas/eye pro/gloves etc and sits in the safe zone. Bit of an unknown quantity really, though based on my experience I'd say that even if I someone wanted to carry it for a couple of days in a milsim it should do a good job. Wouldn't recommend it for a wet environment though, you need to take all these things in to account, and I'd pick some more old school gear out if I was expecting rain. I find myself struggling a bit to frame an answer to tell the truth because I don't have a context in mind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cornwallis-20120226-00238.jpg

My current pack collection, L-R; Mystery Ranch/Camelbak NICE Frame, Mystery Ranch/Camelbak Scorpius, Mystery Ranch 3DAP, Mystery Ranch Timberwolf and NICE STRLLS Frame, CF 1964 Pattern Rucksack

I do have my issued packs aswell, but I don't use them :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

i'm liking that sparrow pack thepesh . looks like a functional "everyday" size .

i've been (ab)using a woodland camelbak hawg nearly everyday , for work and play since mid 06 , and it still looks new . very impressed with it and it's kept all contents dry , even at times when i've been working outdoors in torrential rain for 15hrs a day ! 

i've had it attached to the back of my weesatch for the last few days , and cant really be bothered to remove it , just to put it back on again ! 

same pic that i put up in the gear section , sorry :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...