Magpul PTS MOE Handguards

Killer.

What brand of front flip is that and what brand of handguard cap did you buy?

A friend of mine wants me to install the same configuration but i had concerns with the stability of the system given the fact that the handguard cap is NOT secured to the FSB, merely held in place by the gas tube.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It has been known for a while that the ICS delta ring assembly is incompatible with lots of aftermarket accessories. The easy solution is buying a replacement CA or D-Boys delta ring, rethreading the ICS reciever with this product and slapping the new delta ring in place.

Not really a huge deal, you may not even need the rethreading tool. I didn't. But it is a worthwhile modification to do.

Just thought I'd mention, I recently bought some JG M4s as loaner guns for when fellow team members' guns go down or for noobs interested in the hobby wanting to try it out for the first time. I installed a PTS MOE Handguard on one of them without any trouble and the fitting was much tighter than the POS fake KAC RAS that was originally on there. I've ordered some RS Magpul MOE grips to make a comparison (also because they're cheaper for me than the PTS ones, and I don't need to put a battery up front). Will let you know how they compare.

The hardest part is forcing myself to not go MOE all over these loaners including upgraded externals. They are supposed to be loaners afterall! :P

The hardest part is forcing myself to not go MOE all over these loaners including upgraded externals. They are supposed to be loaners afterall! :P

Well Magpul's original idea for the MOE line was a relatively cheap alternative of after market parts. So I say you live up to Magpul's idea for the line and MOE out all of those guns with MOE grips, handguards, stocks, and Green Label PMAGs :blink: . You don't want the people looking like complete nubs on the field even if they are do you?

Looks like he used the standard cap with a replica Vltor flip front sight that aparrently has a thread for locking the cap down, or maybe he just glued it on... not sure

I'm really quite interested in this.

Being a bit of an idiot I put one of the replica flip up foresights on my CA M15 CQB and now the bottom panel of the RIS wobbles all over. Admittedly I took off the foresight and put my old CA front triangle back on and it still wobbles, so I may have done something more serious to the gun.

Either way I'm very curious in the response :)

Great review btw fella, it's a nice simple hand guard.

It was the simplicity and the light weight that drew me to them in the first place. It's light takes a battery and you can add rails where needed.

I have a very expensive HurricanE HK 416 and a rather pricey G+P CASV and find I like my basic MOE equiped gun more. Soe know i'm building a couple of tricked out MOE Guns. Pictures up soon.

Magpul said they had no plans for it, so heres for PTS straying from Magpul a bit.

Magpul did not say they had no plans for other length handguards.

What Magpul actually says is:

"As for now we are not releasing any information on products that may or may not be in the works. We're always looking for new ways to improve on existing products and explore the boundaries of new ideas. Thanks."

That is their official line on pretty much anything that isn't in the catalog. Doesn't mean it isn't being worked on... just that they're not going to say anything till their ready. ;)