Special Forces Civilian/PMC Loadouts

Misfit

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a few questions about expanding my desert kit. I thought that I'd ask them here, as they are relevant.

I currently own an HSGI Wasatch plate carrier (one of the newer ones that ships with bungee cord retainers instead of the more traditional Velcro flaps). I want to add some replica plates as well as a MOLLE hydration carrier. My 'Satch is a regular-sized one, see below:

wasatchoverviewjf0.jpg

wasatchbackpanelsj4.jpg

Would a pair of medium SAPI plates fit my carrier? Also, I have my eyes on the "Pantac compact MOLLE hydration carrier" as advertised on Redwolf. The website won't work for me right now, but it's the one with MOLLE backing on only the upper half. Would it fit the back of my carrier? Finally, does it come with a bladder included? Thanks for the info. Now for some pictures.

My tool table. Both of my loadouts (woodland and desert) are there.

equipmentoverviewit6.jpg

My workhorse rifle for the moment. I've also acquired a G36C recently.

m733nj0.jpg

I have a few questions about expanding my desert kit. I thought that I'd ask them here, as they are relevant.

I currently own an HSGI Wasatch plate carrier (one of the newer ones that ships with bungee cord retainers instead of the more traditional Velcro flaps). I want to add some replica plates as well as a MOLLE hydration carrier. My 'Satch is a regular-sized one, see below:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8123/wa...overviewjf0.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6200/wa...ackpanelsj4.jpg

Would a pair of medium SAPI plates fit my carrier? Also, I have my eyes on the "Pantac compact MOLLE hydration carrier" as advertised on Redwolf. The website won't work for me right now, but it's the one with MOLLE backing on only the upper half. Would it fit the back of my carrier? Finally, does it come with a bladder included? Thanks for the info. Now for some pictures.

My tool table. Both of my loadouts (woodland and desert) are there.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8509/eq...overviewit6.jpg

My workhorse rifle for the moment. I've also acquired a G36C recently.

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7867/m733nj0.jpg

Must resist the 'satch

If its this hydo pouch then it'll go on no trouble but it may swing around a bit at the bottom but its nothing that some cable ties or malice clips (if you want to be gucci) added to the bottom and looped thru the strap on the vest wont sort out. All pantac hydro pouches come with bladders too and there pretty decent. Not camelbak standard but good enough to do the job.

I've got a set of replica medium sapi plates and they measure 9.5"x12" with the angled bit 9" from the bottom and the narrow top is 5" wide.

Personally I'm not a fan of the plastic plates as there curved and I find they dig into my chest unless I either wear soft armour (too hot) or have front of the plate carrier right up at the top of my ribcage. I made some plates out of 10mm foam for my MBSS which give it enough structure so it doesnt sag and it doesnt dig in as much as with the plastic plates.

Thanks for the help guys.

I like the one Pkekyo recommended. However, as you can see from the picture, the back panel of my 'Satch has no webbings on the lower half. Would this affect the security of the hydration carrier?

That's as far as the PALS webbing on my Wasatch goes as well. I attached it with the fasteners running between the waist-strap and the plate carrier itself, keeps it very secure, despite there being a few inches where there's no webbing; as long as you secure it to the waist-strap at the bottom of the carrier, you should be fine.

Well, of course... But that'd be a highly redundant solution, to say the least. Here's how I've done it, and there's -no- travel in it at all:

post-49740-1231802688_thumb.png

(sorry for nicking your photo..simplicity)

- the red lines indicate where the MOLLE fastener on the hydration carrier goes. (The fasteners are of course weaved into the webbing of the hydration carrier's backing for that extra security, but I'm not entirely sure that's even needed)

/EDIT: didn't see you had asked another question in your original post; the hydration carrier I linked earlier does come with the bladder fitted, and also a tube sleeve. Works great if you remember to empty it out and dry it up after use :)

Empty out the water (duh), use multiple sheets of absorbent paper towel to wipe the interior as clean as you can. Once that's done, stuff balled-up sheets of paper towel inside (particularly at the corners) and leave the unit out to air-dry. After 24 hours, dispose the somewhat damp sheets inside, wipe it one last time, and store it away. Pay special attention to the nozzle - soak it in rubbing alcohol if necessary, for the human mouth is packed with bacteria.

However, if you use the unit frequently enough (as in once every week), just fill it up with tap water and leave it somewhere dark and cool. Change the water inside twice and clean the nozzle normally. The chlorine present in tap water is an excellent disinfectant.

I have done both and they work equally well.

EDIT: More pictures of my 'Satch. I'm still using it in its most basic format. In the near future (as in when my next paycheck comes), I plan on the following expansions:

- Pantac 2L hydration carrier mounted to the back panel

- 2 Pantac dual fragmentation grenade pouches mounted to the front panel, right in front of the integral magazine pouches

- 2 replica SAPI plates

And of course, I'll be buying four replica hand grenades and two replica smoke grenades to fill out the four new grenade pouches and the two side pouches, respectively. Each grenade also double as a loose round container, enabling me to carry thousands of rounds.

My duty belt has an HSGI triple pistol mag pouch on the right and a drop-thigh holster (OD at the moment, will be sprayed black soon) on the left.

wasatchfrontpanelvg2.jpg

wasatchinsidepj2.jpg

wasatchmagazinepouchesvn4.jpg

wasatchlabeluj2.jpg

HSGI inside :D

Evidently, my desert PMC loadout is that of a heavy infantryman. If I need to pull DM duties, I'd use the much slimmer Eagle chest rig with no armor underneath.

Has the weesatch given you trouble with holding the mags in. I was worried this would happen with the new models due to airsoft magazine size differences. The lack of webbing on the bottom of the back is interesting, im sure that if anyone wanted to get one direct they could add it on.

Azulsky: I've run my 'satch with frankly an arseload of different mags, and have had -no- problems at all, never even came close to losing a single one.

The lack of webbing on the bottom is to allow for adjusting the height of the rear plate by moving the waist-fastener up or down.

Reborn has it in the lowest setting as of now, but as you see there is another set of wide vertical webbing which would allow for it to slide through, which is the way I'm running mine as of now. PALS webbing there could very well interfere with that ability, but no doubt HSGI would be willing to add some for you if you were dead-determined to do so :)

Whats the best way to clean them without a cleaning kit? I just got my first one. lol

Awsome 'stach btw.

What I do is I drain as much water as possible then take a coat-hanger and stretch it out into an elongated diamond shape with the hook at one of the two long ends of the "diamond." I then put this in the open cap of the bladder and hang it up to dry. It's the same concept as the Camelbak drying racks but far, far cheaper.

Has the weesatch given you trouble with holding the mags in. I was worried this would happen with the new models due to airsoft magazine size differences. The lack of webbing on the bottom of the back is interesting, im sure that if anyone wanted to get one direct they could add it on.

No.

The bungee cord retainers are highly flexible. And since you have to tie them yourself, you can customize their height to suit your choice of magazines.

Whats the best way to clean them without a cleaning kit? I just got my first one. lol

Awsome 'stach btw.

If you do forget to empty and dry it sterelising tablets for babys bottles work a treat and are cheap as chips.

Archived