Special Forces Civilian/PMC Loadouts

Misfit

Very nice "company men" impression. Looks like you two are a sniper-spotter team together. The only things to add would be some knee pads (kneeling on cold concrete for long periods of time is painful, and I recommend Alta pads if you go for them) and a duty belt (Eagle's offering is nice).

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres 3 of us (someone has to hold the camera!) All wearing roughly the same kit so I can see why you would get the impression its a two man team. I'm the sniper in the second pic and in the third pic you can see my long in the corner. I sometimes wear knee pads, got a pair of Hatch but they usually just get in the way. Im wearing an Eagle Duty Belt under my SPEAR fleece for the Safariland.

Probably just my personal taste playing in, but I'd either tuck that shirt in or wear it over the rig (which would mean ditching the MAP...

Not too shabby other than that... Sidearm?

I thought it wouldn't look that bad untucked..but it looks horrid. I now realize I should have tucked it in. I don't have a sidearm yet as I just sold mine, but I am getting a 1911 in a SERPA for my DM kit and I can use it for everything basically.

I don't like this rig, and now I have a TT MAV..

Oh wow, that thing looks enormous on you...how is it shouldering and maneuvering it about?

The rig or the shirt? I just took some gear out and took pictures with it. I guess it doesn't help that I am only 5' 1" :[

Regardless, it is fairly easy shouldering and manuevering... I put the pouches on my TT MAV, sold the MAP, and am now trying to sell the rig..

New rig:

2008_0419TTrig0002.jpg

2008_0419TTrig0006.jpg

Thanks,

Phantom

I think he meant the rifle, not the rig or the shirt.

Oh, well it isn't that big on me at all. Besides, take a look at my other gun :P

2008_0422DMLoadout0002.jpg

I am used to carrying around real guns and shooting them so long guns don't really bother me..unless it's like a PSG-1 or something.

-Phantom

Oh, well it isn't that big on me at all. Besides, take a look at my other gun :P

Wonder what you'd look like with my RPK in your hands...still, looking at the combat equipment, I must say, you do look like a smaller gentleman, just wondered if it meant handling longer weapons was a problem for you because of it.

100_0217.jpg

100_0223.jpg

100_0234.jpg

EB MAR CIRS vest, from eBaybanned. Blackwater flexfit hat from a gun show, generic pants, black BDU top (although a TRU would be better), Condor Shotgun scabbard.

Waiting for my AK CPW to get shipped out here from my old house, as well as my CAW M1014 to fill out the Condor shotgun scabbard.

PMC-ish Loadout?

-Phantom

Why do you have chem lights on your vest?

It looks like you're going to play in the daylight.

Thought I'd add this. It was in the old thread, but some people may not have seen it.

Rogue845.

Cool loadout.

The ACU/khaki mix seems to work perfect for your environment.

Can I have a picture of your holster on the belt, by any chance?

BHI is more appealing to me than Safariland because I can't really afford to drop $100-150 on a holster. As long as the thing doesn't fly off when I run and delivers my pistol when I need it, I'm fine.

Sorry for the delay. The battery ran out of juice, plus I gotta study for 2 tests!

img0925d.jpg

The SERPA compared to the Safariland 6004 on an Eagle duty belt

img0931.jpg

The belt is too wide for the hooks that keep it in place. You can use it like this just fine since theres another hook but...

img0938y.jpg

sometimes you try to pull it out and it goes slightly up like so. Kinda annoying.

So the paddle works but not perfectly. I don't have any experience with the regular belt loops but those might be better. Still a great holster though, especially for the price.

Why do you have chem lights on your vest?

It looks like you're going to play in the daylight.

I put them there since the retailer left out my Admin pouch. I decided to fill the empty space with chems.

Although my goal isn't to fill all the PALS up, I just thought it'd look better for pictures. I do not use those in a Skirmish..but sometimes for CQB since they can be used as "grenades". Then again, our CQB facility is shutting down :/

-Phantom

Yeah, it's a 5.11 shirt in their version of MarPat.

Wow my eyes are killing me.

Cool loadout either way

^ I also think you should lose the chemlights.

Yeah, its kidn of useless if you dont plan on using them.

Some people throw them in to complete impressions, but your loadout isnt an impression, so it doesnt matter.

Archived