Are you happy with UK Airsoft Retail?

Panoptes

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few weeks back I was wanting to buy some magpuls (3-4 packs) , and being that I live 2 miles away from uktactical, I thought I would ring them to ask if they had any in stock and whether I could pop over to pick them up, the problem was they were unwilling to let me do that to save on postage (about 9 pounds!!) , I think this is totally unacceptable as whether I picked it up or ordered online it is still business and thus now I will probably never considering order from them again.

So they're grossly overcharging on postage in order to make up profits lost by advertising goods for very low prices? <_<

So they're grossly overcharging on postage in order to make up profits lost by advertising goods for very low prices? <_<

Or they might just be using a courier as their only postage method and as such have higher, but flat rate postage costs? <_<

Might not be the case, but quite possible, and its hardly a good business model using a £9 (more likely to be £7.65 they would get) postage charge to recover reduced margins from selling products at low prices, there is only so much you can get out of such a small value so I'd say its best not to assume they are trying to do that.

i havn't ordered from a UK shop for years. all my last big orders were from hong kong, and since then i've brought almost entirely second hand.

however, yesterday i ordered a new scope from landwarrior airsoft, and i had it in my hands less than 24 hours later. price was good, delivery was exceptional. seriously impressed.

I was really alluding to the fact that they refused my business -the magpuls came to almost 40 quid, a bit strange in this day and age to do that. I dont think they are really profitting from the postage but it would be nice to be able to choose delivery or collection :rolleyes:;)

a lot of the wolf horror stories seem to be from a while ago, it has got almost entirely new staff now, with only a few of the original staff members left (new engineer, three new floor staff) and generally from the people i know who use wolf they say its got a lot better price wise and service wise

You see that's the thing: Once you have a rep for being *suitcase*, it's kinda hard to shift.

It will take more than a smiley face & a discount to make up for years of trading like Merchant bankers. :mellow:

Greg.

mod note- keep it clean,the swear filter misses sometimes so nothing more harsh than *penis*ney rhyming slang...

Archived