Helmet Pictures

myself and msx chose the h sytle as the OPs core website mentions better stability when using NVGS but im sure the X syle ones offer decent stability, which im sure PK NOR can testify too!

I think that whether you chose the x or h you shall be happy with them as with airsoft im not sure we use our helmets to the degree the mil guys do?? perhaps??

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ya peeps,

Started to collect different type of loadout for next summer.

I have no specific style, army or what ever in mind. Just what feels good and is versatile to use.

Now,

I am trying out my new ACM IBH helmet, and Peltor Sport Tac II´s, with my airsoft skirmishable gasmask.

Sorry ´bout the crappy pic quality. The Nokia E71´s camera is not good, when it is artificial lighting.

Also, the pics are missing the filter from the gasmask.

I will try to cut the helmets pads to get it sit more snugly to my head and the Sport Tacs.

1911686L.jpg

1911684L.jpg

1911713L.jpg

I am going to paint the grey rubber of the gasmask with black matte finish. I´ll use the rubber pre paint first to get the elastic primer to it, and then I will spray it with black rubber paint. It will hold after that. I have sprayed different items with this kind of method before, and the paint has stayed on well, even if items have been exposed to cold weather etc.

The Sport Tac´s ear cover´s will also get a OD paint. They are removable.

With high rise aimpoint mount, it easy to aim with the gasmask. I can see the dot easily. Don´t have tilt my head much.

Waiting for my OD molle plate carrier from Ebay...

Cheers

-Hessu-

Edited by hessu75

Yeah,

Tested both the dark and the clear lense with my M170 VSR and Co2 Mini Uzi from point blank range.

Just a noticeable mark came to the surface.

I am not sure about the cold weather effect, but I will not be playing with the gasmask then.

This setup is waiting for spring.

Cheers

-Hessu-

That might be highly true.

This particular mask also has a rubbery type of inner vizor, under the changeable outer lense. I fired couple of shots to that, and I could see how this elastic lense just stretched and the BB just bounced off from it like it was nothing.

I am going to wear my shooter type goggles under the mask too ( they fit easily, like my glasses too). This way, I´ll have triple protection. No way I will have eye hazard from a BB then.

Also tried my throat mic with the Peltor Sport Tac II´s. My friend was listening on the other end of other PMR radio. He could not be sure, whether I was talking with or without the gasmask.

I have a good feeling about this setup for next spring and some intensive CQB mayhem...

Cheers

-Hessu-

Edited by hessu75