Helmet Pictures

My Protec Ace wakeboard helmet, as modeled by my gf:

sashahelmet035.jpgsashahelmet037.jpg

So far just a NVG mount plate and Rhino arm and cat's-eye band. Still needs velcro (for my IR patches), OPSCore 4 pt chin strap, MS2000 strobe, and goggle retention straps. All but the strap are in the mail.

I used it at Bulldog IV last year, saved me from some bumps a couple times.

http://www.oplionclaws.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=28884

Also, just got my MICH 2000 in the mail yesterday. Got a few accy's coming in, so here's a "before" pic:

mich002.jpg

mich001.jpg

Yes, it's real.

Edited by Kraut
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my newest brainbuckets is almost complete, waiting for black MSA bolts to arrive so therefor no chinstrap.

BAE Systems TC2000

AT Custom DCU helmetcover

AT Custom Counterweight pouch

Wilcox Industries 13800G01 + Arm

Litton PVS-18/M983(waiting for a Wilcox Amber filter to replace the eyecup)

17506382.jpg

46723089.jpg

21913058.jpg

img1800ri.jpg

Thought I'd ask here since it's a minor question, doesn't really warrant a new thread I'd imagine. I've removed a few of the pads out of my MICH 2000 (below) since I've got a big old head and it was sitting really high up, but now it's constantly sliding forward over my eyes even though I've got the 2 rear straps tightened right up as tight as is comfortable to wear. Anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong with it? There's hardly any weight on the front at all as you can see, so I'm not sure what's causing it to slip or how to fix it exactly.

P1000076.jpg

On my helmet at work I've got 3/4" pads all the way around, sits perfect on my head with the two large pads at front and back and the skinny ones about the level of where a helmet band would sit. Just to note, my helmet is a Large and my head is 7 3/4" or 63cm.

Other then playing with the pads, just play with the chinstrap. Tighten the front straps so that the chinstrap fits under your chin and the helmet sits snug on your head. The side straps are the ones that would usually stop your helmet from rolling forward or backward, so tighten these once the front straps are done.

...know what I mean?

Move the pads around and/or tighten the front of the chinstrap.

On my helmet at work I've got 3/4" pads all the way around, sits perfect on my head with the two large pads at front and back and the skinny ones about the level of where a helmet band would sit. Just to note, my helmet is a Large and my head is 7 3/4" or 63cm.

Other then playing with the pads, just play with the chinstrap. Tighten the front straps so that the chinstrap fits under your chin and the helmet sits snug on your head. The side straps are the ones that would usually stop your helmet from rolling forward or backward, so tighten these once the front straps are done.

...know what I mean?

Sound advice, cheers guys.

img_1644dbne.jpgimg_1647azzqi.jpg

img_1648aia4y.jpgimg_1653agxsf.jpg

Gentex TBH II, XL

OPS-Core HEAD LOC Chinstrap

Peltor Comtac XP with Micro

TRU-Spec Helmet Cover

EMDOM Goggle Retention Straps

914i Multicam Speed Sleeve

914i Multicam Goggle Strap Band Cover

ESS NVG Tan

MS 2000 Strobe light

Condor Multi Wrap

IR-Reflectors

Cat-Eyes

Norotos 1 Hole Shroud (REPLIK)

Got myself some new head Gear =D

sdc10698n.jpg

sdc10697b.jpg

I love the headset as well. I can't wait till my tan NZ flags get here.

This is the only helmet that fits my big head and doesn't make me look like I put the "special" in special forces =D

Only complaint is the straps are a bit rubbish.

I have a problem :(

Just got some Arena mozambiks and they wont work with my MICH 2001 :(

The front strap mounts stop them from even touching my face so im going to try the Flakjacks as they don't extend so far back which may eliminate the problem, anyone had a similar problem??

Also im looking for new straps anyone point me in the right direction for some real straps from somewhere other than America ??

EDIT: Anyone know where i can get a ops core ACH to the uk? anywhere that ships worldwide?

Edited by boomheadshot (infidel)