Helmet Pictures

Hi,

I reckon this be the right place to ask this - sorry in advance if it ain't so

I've got one of those helmet covers made by tactical tailor, and I hear someplace that the flap at the cover's back was for the ms2000 strobe - how do you use it btw? Thanks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drake and eel-one....What tool/object did you guys use for your snakeskin patterns?

The way I did it was to paint the helmet in a base colour, then place a net over the helmet ensuring a tight fit and then spraying the helmet over again with a different colour. Not completely contempt with the result I just keept applying the net and sprayed a little, checked the result, replace the net, sprayed etc. until the result was acceptable. This was my first paint job on a helmet and getting the colour and pattern just remotely right, did take some attempts and more paint than planed. With a little experience, 2-3 coats of paint should be enough.

As a net I used a scrim scarf. But I have been told that ladies net stockings should be near perfect for the job, as they will make a close fit over the object that is to be painted when the object is placed inside the stocking. However this is some thing I picked up in a thread about painting weapons. I don't know if it is possible to place a helmet inside a stocking with out breaking it.

Edited by eel one [COE]
' date='10 May 2010 - 06:47 AM' timestamp='1273488456' post='2323973']

The way I did it was to paint the helmet in a base colour, then place a net over the helmet ensuring a tight fit and then spraying the helmet over again with a different colour. Not completely contempt with the result I just keept applying the net and sprayed a little, checked the result, replace the net, sprayed etc. until the result was acceptable. This was my first paint job on a helmet and getting the colour and pattern just remotely right, did take some attempts and more paint than planed. With a little experience, 2-3 coats of paint should be enough.

As a net I used a scrim scarf. But I have been told that ladies net stockings should be near perfect for the job, as they will make a close fit over the object that is to be painted when the object is placed inside the stocking. However this is some thing I picked up in a thread about painting weapons. I don't know if it is possible to place a helmet inside a stocking with out breaking it.

Thanks for the insight. :)

My buddy just gave me the genius idea of using the inner lining of a pair of swim trunks. Finally that netting has a use aside from giving you an inconvenient in-pool wedgie...LOL.

As always, nice lid Tit. Doesn't that C-biner get annoying hanging right in front of your eye?

Nope, at night i'm more concerned with NOT falling down and then engaging my rifle (this is for real rifle use).

But yeah, the shock cord could probably do the job. I'm just too lazy to hook it up to the Norotos plug. haha

The mich itself is a relica (bar the pads and harness) and so is the surefire HL.

Its just held on by tension, the clips on the inside of the mount catch the inside lip of the lid then you screw the bolt into the bottom of the mount until its tight agaist the helmet.

I'm not really the best at explaining stuff but if the above doesnt help I can take a photo of how its mounted.

Forgot to ask cos of arnies servers being down or something and forgot..but yea could you put up a picture mate?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are mine. I didn't put these into the US Spec Ops Helmets 'cos mine aren't really impressions nor do I know if Ops-Core are US Spec at the moment (seems limited to certain private & some govt organisations). They're a little plain now until I work out what and how I wanna dress 'em up. :-

Ops-Core.jpg

Edited by AnakChan

Cool!! Nice pics!! Gives me a little bit more ideas on how to dress up my helmet. Will see if theres anyway to secure the Wilcox Ind. L4 G24 NVG mount.

Well guess i better not spam my photo on the other thread since vie put it up here already.