Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-59849-12784370893906_thumb.jpg

Me on the right (in the DPM), my mate on the left.

My helmet is a real Mk.6A - black ballistic nylon exterior and had the mesh inside for padding rather than the pathetic bit of string in the bog standard Mk.6 helmet. Issued DPM cover with name tape sewn on expertly by one of my teachers biggrin.gif wish I had been allowed to keep it, so much other padding inside, really comfy.

The helmet on my mate - not quite so sure, PASGT replica of sorts - maybe someone here is in the know?

And yes, I do look like a complete mong.

Taken at Drakelow Tunnels, February 21st this year.

I figured I would ask this here instead of making a new topic,

I've had my eyes on the Ops Core head loc harnesses but cannot decide if I should get the X or H nape. I know H is better for running NODs and stuff but I don't wear any of that. Is either version more compatible with headsets like commtacs or are they basically the same?

Well, I've run an X-harness myself for more than a year, and I never had a problem with comms, just make sure you route the cable so it doesn't snag on anything and you should be good.

I also find the X-harness more comfortable than regular H-harness setups. Never really used the Ops-Core H-Harness though.

They are so NICE! I really want a bump helmet now........ BUT the first two pictures are the ballistic versions of the helmet. (they dont have holes in them, unlike that pj helmet)

I love my bumps. Decided on them over the ballistic as the bumps are lighter and they're not hot. Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got my first helmet (PT Alpha Halfshell) and started putting it together:

IMG_20100812_093902.jpg

I've already ordered a mount that should allow the cans to swing out of the way when they aren't needed, similar to this, but after taking a closer look at it this morning I decided to try something a little simpler. They can't swing back, but they do fit very well.

IMG_20100812_094210.jpg

I'm going to add a VAS shroud, Liberator boom mic (the helmet mount will make it necessary), some kind of helmet light, and I'm thinking the strobe should be closer to the top. I'm not too crazy about the goggles but there isn't room for anything larger with the mask. Suggestions welcome.

that is a sick helmet, I really love the colors and the beat up look. may I ask some questions though?

1. what is the bungee cord for?

2. what is the stuff that looks like it is oozing out from under the velcro and that callsign patch?

3. why is there tape on the back and what kind is it?

4. what is the cord thingy on the left side velcro?

5. is that the vel tye counterweight pouch?

Interesting setup Kojak, almost identical to what I had in mind - although costs dictate surefire ear pro not electronic. I already use the bullet ant goggles and mesh mask, and am in agreement about goggle choice being limited. I did wonder if making a fixed mount (say metal struts rather than velcro) to attach the mesh mask would allow it to stand off further and give more options on the goggles.

The other question is if it's worth picking up one of the pro-tech alpha's or waiting for the new ops-core sports helmet (assuming it really is out in 4-6 weeks...)

1 - for securing the NVDs

2 - It's the glue/epoxy/adhesive used to attach the velcro

3 - OD duct tape

4 - It's the power cable for his lip light

thanks for the quick answers pkekyo.

1. you mean nvgs right? thats what I thought, but I wasn't sure. the idea is that the hood ends of the cord attach to the monocoular, and is slipped through the goggle slings on the back to hold them in case the shroud or arm breaks.

2. thats what I suspected, but why not adhesive velcro?

3. why?

4. thanks.

1 - NVDs: Night Vision Devices. A broader term to incorporate more than just the NVDs in goggle-form.

2 - Either becuase he was unable to get adhesive velcro, or to additionaly secure the adhesive velcro he used, I suppose.

3 - Sod-all if I know, it's not my lid ;)

Interesting setup Kojak, almost identical to what I had in mind - although costs dictate surefire ear pro not electronic. I already use the bullet ant goggles and mesh mask, and am in agreement about goggle choice being limited. I did wonder if making a fixed mount (say metal struts rather than velcro) to attach the mesh mask would allow it to stand off further and give more options on the goggles.

The other question is if it's worth picking up one of the pro-tech alpha's or waiting for the new ops-core sports helmet (assuming it really is out in 4-6 weeks...)

I could move the mask farther forward, but I rather like the way it fits close to my face and don't want to mess with it. I just need something a little shorter than my Profile NVGs; maybe Wolfspiders or Mozambiks? I'm sure that Arena stealth patrol or ESS V12 would work but I want to get away from the dual lens style goggles.

Bungee's are gonna be removed, once i source a wilcox retention cord

the OD 100mph tape is there incase i need some tape, dont carry the huge roll around with me incase i need some, should really be longer strips but it was what were holding the bunny ears down originally so i left it on.

the counter weight pouch is made by asgard tactical (Simpen on Gearsoc)

still a WIP, waiting on a ops core strap and a wilcox breakaway arm

Edited by Ezek_GrayFox

Here are mine. I didn't put these into the US Spec Ops Helmets 'cos mine aren't really impressions nor do I know if Ops-Core are US Spec at the moment (seems limited to certain private & some govt organisations). They're a little plain now until I work out what and how I wanna dress 'em up. :-

Ops-Core.jpg

anyone know where these are availible as replicas?