Helmet Pictures

if I manage to get my hands on a real IBH shell

You'd be better off sticking it on Ebay and taking the money and buy a real OPS-Core Ballistic helmet and have money left over.

If I recall correctly from the info that was out on the interwebz, not many actually made into circulation (< 1000), but it ended up in plenty of photo's of Seals etc.... Hence a few years ago, it was the cool guy helmet to have.

Now it's all about the Ops-Core. :P

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cephas, that helmet looks totally legit. Nice job and great guide, I love the look of the FAST helmet. I am curious about the mounting points for the arc rails on the ibh. Did you use the original back holes and drill new holes in the front, because on an ibh the front mounting holes would be on the part you cut off. If you did make new holes, which I see no way around, how did you firgure out where to drill them? also, are you going to add the bungee cord retention lanyards coming from the arc like on the real deal?

I would also like to mention that you can actually find a lot of the supplies out there for cheaper than you paid. (at least without shipping) As I was scanning ehobby, I noticed that nearly all of the needed components could be bought there for cheaper than you paid. Granted, most of these items are out of stock right now, but I thought I'd point it out, so here goes.

Ibh helmet (not king arms, but i doubt that it matters) $26

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/combat-gears/helmets-nvg-related/ea-gear-ibh-usmc-helmet-with-nvg-goggle-mount-olive-drab-type-2-simple-ver.html

Ops core shroud $16

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/combat-gears/helmets-nvg-related/ea-op-style-night-vision-helmet-mount-khaki.html

ARC rail set $8

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/combat-gears/helmets-nvg-related/big-dragon-arc-helmet-rail-tan.html

Total=$50 for helmet, mount and shroud+approx. $65 for velcro and x nape and you end up paying only $115 rather than $190. Even though these things aren't all in stock on ehobby, you could probably find them on one of the other hk sites.

after I just typed all that, look what I found!

http://dragonredairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33_40&products_id=136

You'd be better off sticking it on Ebay and taking the money and buy a real OPS-Core Ballistic helmet and have money left over.

If I recall correctly from the info that was out on the interwebz, not many actually made into circulation (< 1000), but it ended up in plenty of photo's of Seals etc.... Hence a few years ago, it was the cool guy helmet to have.

Now it's all about the Ops-Core. :P

I have a lead on a cheap IBH shell right now, just have to make sure the seller is actually legit.... I'd love to get an airframe over the OPS-core ballistic, so if an IBH is worth that much I may build it up and sell it to get an airframe.

Edited by frogfish

Well this guy thinks it's something else but he dosen't sound like someone who knows modern gear, he's sent pics my way and it is an IBH shell, but he's been kinda flaky, I've just got to nail down a time to meet with him and make sure it's real. He claims it's not typical laid up kevlar weave but that it is "bulletproof material" but you never know, he could have some old airsofter's helmet, but it looks beat up and old. With the price he's asking for it it's worth it even if it's fake.

Edited by frogfish

Thanks for the compliments guys.

@ Frogfish, if you can find an IBH keep it or sell it for lots of dough. ILC Dover the manufacturer of the IBH only made 741 pieces.

@ ctres94, great finds. I wonder if the rails they come with rail mounts and winglocks. Hopefully those rails will get back in stock, I would like to build another one. The drilling points I found by placing the rail as low as possible, touching the apex of the ear cutout and then leveling it as much as possible. That way if you need to cut away more material it gives you some room. Also what helped me a lot was reference pics from all sides. Militarymorons.com has excellent pics that depict all the angles.The only negative about that IBH with the side rails are the ballistic screw holes. You could fill them up with hot glue, sand, and paint.

USMC LWH - Woodland MARPAT (Impression)

- PASGT *

- GENTEX USMC Suspension System

- Woodland MARPAT Cover *

- Cats Eye Band

- PVS-14 PASGT Mount Plate (Secured with strap)

- PVS-14 'Rhino' Arm *

*Replica

My attempt at the overall shape and size of the USMC LWH, using an old (and arguably best) J-Tech PASGT replicas. I've since changed the cover to one of the reversible Woodland/Desert MARPAT variety and removed the Krylon from the Rhino Arm.

USMCLWHWoodlanda.jpg

USMCLWHWoodlandb.jpg

I seen Cephas' post the other day and thought it looked like an awesome piece of custom work, kudos to him. But I'm only just realising now that I've an old IBH replica kicking about the place in dire need of some love. Hmm, new project me thinks, as I've been looking for an excuse to get some of the Ops-Core straps for a while!

In the meantime, here's another one from my collection (apologies for the not so great camera work)... just to keep you all amused.

MICH 2000 - USMC FR update of my previous MICH with a few optional extras.

- MICH 2000 *

- MSA Chinstrap

- MSA / Oregon Aero Pads

- Norotos 3-Point NVG Mount *

- FSBE II MICH Reversible MARPAT Cover

- ESS NVG Goggles (Tan)

*Replicas

USMCFRMARPAT01.jpg

USMCFRMARPAT04.jpgUSMCFRMARPAT07.jpg

USMCFRMARPAT02.jpg

So I couldn't tell if the IBH was legit or not but the guy went up to $150 as a price and that was beyond what I was willing to pay to take a chance on.

However I finally got in all the parts for my CVC, I still have an MLPS and a S&S V-lite on the way as well as a EOG mini admin/battery pouch in MC. Here are some shots.

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01289.jpg